Just saw this Tweeted from Govolsxtra..????

Really, this just shows how trashy the Knoxville News Sentinel is now. I will be cancelling my subscription when it runs out. They need to place it on the checkout lanes at Walmart where it belongs.

Reactions: 1 person
If there was indeed a rape, then every party involved should see many years behind bars

However, in no way is any college responsible for the actions of individual students. UT or any school where these assaults happen have not created this so called " rape " culture.

When you investigate allegations of wrongdoing, you are doing a great disservice if you don't thoroughly investigate it. When an institution does this, it doesn't mean that they are supporting it. It means that they aren't willing to destroy lives based on allegations if no facts can uphold them

What institutions should do is report it immediately to LE and let them handle it from the start. This takes any responsibility out of the institutions hands. Once LE finished that investigation, then the institutions can hand down any disciplinary actions

Still, this will likely not stop the civil suits. University's have deep pockets and some people look to get paid

It's a shame, because frivolous lawsuits hurt the people who are really victims of sexual assaults and rape. But the ones who file frivolous lawsuits only care about their selfish intentions.

And I'm not saying this is frivolous

If there was indeed a rape, then every party involved should see many years behind bars

However, in no way is any college responsible for the actions of individual students. UT or any school where these assaults happen created this so called " rape " culture.

When you investigate allegations of wrongdoing, you are doing a great disservice if you don't thoroughly investigate it. When an institution does this, it doesn't mean that they are supporting it. It means that they aren't willing to destroy lives based on allegations if no facts can uphold them

What institutions should do is report it immediately to LE and let them handle it from the start. This takes any responsibility out of the institutions hands. Once LE finished that investigation, then the institutions can hand down and disciplinary actions

Still, this will likely not stop the civil suits. University's have deep pockets and some people look to get paid

It's a shame, because frivolous lawsuits hurt the people who are really victims of sexual assaults and rape. But the ones who file frivolous lawsuits only care about their selfish intentions.

And I'm not saying this is frivolous

This lawsuit definitely contains frivolous elements. The mentioning of the 20 year old Peyton Manning incident and Lil Jon's visit to Anderson are for pure sensationalist effect and the Nilo Silvan matter from '95 where the accuser was found to be lying is just one example of some gross overreaching. I really hope the university doesn't settle this. It will set a very bad precedent.

Reactions: 2 people
Soon, you will need a pre sex agreement where the two parties and their lawyers sit down and draft out details

Then, if climax is not reached or the package is smaller than advertised, then liability can be determined

If the penis don't fit, you must remit

Didn't some FSU player try that like 20-25 years ago. Making a girl sign a statement before sex

Dustin and Anita need to piss off until they can report something real.

Put those Jane doe plaintiffs under a microscope. See how pure they really are. Fight fire with fire. Aggressively defend this case UT.

The P Manning tea bag incident was pretty well documented and circulated back in the day.

The P Manning tea bag incident was pretty well documented and circulated back in the day.

It certainly wasn't right, and surely something he regrets and is embarrassed about, but it in no way rose to the level of rape.

20 freakin' years ago... I actually think bringing up Nilo Silvan is a mistake that could work against the plaintiffs here. For anyone who remembers the details from that accusation, the girl cheated on her boyfriend (also a Vol football player WR Joey Kent) and then made up a lie about an assault. Silvan was immediately kicked off the team by Fulmer without a chance to defend himself. If anyone had a grievance, it was Nilo Silvan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Not sure what all the hand wringing is about over this KNS article? I suspect people freaking out have not taken the time to read the actual case.

The lawsuit is simply going point by point through the list of sexual issues related to UTFB/BB over the years in an attempt to build a history related to the UT sports "culture".

Not defending or denying. Just encourage everyone to read the actual case instead of letting the media spin you the parts that sell the most papers / clicks. You'll be glad you did.

This just crossed the line into over the top ridiculous. How could the KNS mention the greatest ambassador to our university who just won the Super Bowl in such a salacious way to just have a headline?! Good grief- I thought he just mooned some girl? But goodness 20 YEARS AGO!!! Does anyone remember being in college and doing crazy things!! But now if you do anything you are suddenly a sexual predator. Now tomorrow's story will be about Peyton - hopefully someone in the media will finally say how ridiculous this is getting.

The KNS is just reporting on what's in the lawsuit. They didn't file the thing, so I don't really see how they're in the wrong here for doing their jobs.

Really, this just shows how trashy the Knoxville News Sentinel is now. I will be cancelling my subscription when it runs out. They need to place it on the checkout lanes at Walmart where it belongs.

Again, how does reporting on the content of a lawsuit show how trashy the News-Sentinel is? It's not their lawsuit and it's not like it will just go away or cease to exist if they ignore it.

These ladies should be suing the "Girls Gone Wild" videos, because they have done more harm to young women than just about anything. Leave Peyton,Butch,& Lil John out of it!

This is one big reach job by these fols, anyone with common sense can see it. MONEY, that's all it's about.Creating a culture?? Butch Jones dad was a Chief of Police, under his guidance football GPA is the highest ever and overall we have had very few instances under his guidance. We kicked them players off the team or suspended them, they then turn it over to the law. How in Haiti, is that creating a culture. They better have more evidence of creating a culture than bringing in lil jon or whatever the heck kind of mud they want to sling. Twisting,sensationalism, and flat out mis-representing the truth, that what these folks are doing. Better bring some hard proof or get ready to get OBLITERATED at trail. Go back and look at some of the old transcripts and many of the people in this groups story has changed more than the wind. Wildly inconsistent, pure BS. If I'm Butch Jones I am mad as all get out. If I am the administration and am innocent I am getting the best damn lawyers in the country and ready to tear their case into oblivion.

Well UT at least suspended players when accusations were made .the article I read on bleacher report acted like nothing was done at all.unlike fsu letting winston play and recieve his heisman .but i do think that all football players should be living with the rest of the team not like aj Johnson living in apartment off campus where he was able to do whdo but knoxville ais t ever he wanted basicly.all schools need to keep players on campus and maby they're do not get in situation that aj got into.stay away from parties and girls if you are at UT to play football.

A signed sexual consent form is also useless. What's the point of an agreement that can be revoked by either party at any time. It would be worth less than the paper it's written on.

VN Store

Back