Just saw this Tweeted from Govolsxtra..????

This lawsuit is looking like more and more like one big 💰 grab! Why does anyone need a job these days, when all you need to do is find someway to sue someone else for their $! Theres people out there who look to sue anyone over anything these days. Its really sad to see how low people can get when $ is involved.

Reactions: 2 people
The suit includes Butch Jones as a defendant and I have seen a number of articles that seem to indicate that Butch Jones has been remiss in this situation, but all of the the players who were accused of these acts have been removed from the team shortly after the accusation. I haven't found it now, but I also remember reading an article, a number of months ago, that Jones had a woman speaker talk to the team about sexual harassment/assault, which included her asking the team what they would think if something of this nature happened to their mother or sister, to convince them to not commit such action. Jones has no authority to investigate such activity, and has no control over students other than as regards their participation on the football team. As one lawyer mentioned on this forum, they can name anyone they want to in a civil suit, and that person has to then show that they did nothing wrong. I don't see how they can prove football players get special preference when they are removed from the team when the accusation becomes known. As far as their student activities and standings are concerned, I guess someone will have to compare football players to all other students charged with sexual assault to see if there is a significant difference in treatment.

I agree if there is a problem at Tennessee, the University needs to address it, but it seems to me that Coach Jones has done everything within his power as regards football players. I also find it interesting to note that there are 6 women involved in this suit, but there were only 2 that pressed charges, one of those was dismissed for lack of evidence and the other, of course, is still pending. If I knew someone who committed a crime against me, I would press charges. Since only two pressed charges, and one was dismissed, under these circumstances this just appears to be a money grab by most of the participants in this suit. I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that civil suits are far easier to win than criminal suits as you do not have to prove the defendant guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt, just show that there may be some possibility that the act was committed and this often results in the accuser winning the suit. In view of this, the defendant often determines that it is cheaper to settle than fight the case, so this may be the intent. Perhaps the lawyers in the forum can correct me if this is not correct.

Reactions: 1 person
Really, this just shows how trashy the Knoxville News Sentinel is now. I will be cancelling my subscription when it runs out. They need to place it on the checkout lanes at Walmart where it belongs.

Same here. The reporting by the News Sentinel is equal to the National Enquirer. I'm done with them as well.

I have had two sisters and a niece attend UT for four years. None of them were ever sexually assaulted.

Then again, none of them ever attended a party at a player's residence. And since I am yet to hear a player charged with kidnapping, I am assuming none of these defendants were taken there against their will.

Does that excuse anything? No. However, I gotta ask: Why were these girls there?

Reactions: 3 people
Amazing enough the dress of majorettes, cheerleaders, and dance team does nothing to charge the sexual atmosphere at UT?

this is all BS and will most likely slowly go away over time.....we're in the news now so this crap will come out of the woodwork!

I have had two sisters and a niece attend UT for four years. None of them were ever sexually assaulted.

Then again, none of them ever attended a party at a player's residence. And since I am yet to hear a player charged with kidnapping, I am assuming none of these defendants were taken there against their will.

Does that excuse anything? No. However, I gotta ask: Why were these girls there?

Read about Jane Doe I. I'll paraphrase:

She went to Yemi's room. Yemi hit on her, she said no and left. She & Yemi continued texting where she said she just wanted to be friends. Yemi invited her back over and she went. They were sitting on his bed. Yada, Yada, Yada.

Why did she go back? And why was she on his bed? That doesn't excuse any forced activity but she didn't put herself in the best spot...if she just wanted to be friends.

Reactions: 1 person
Read about Jane Doe I. I'll paraphrase:

She went to Yemi's room. Yemi hit on her, she said no and left. She & Yemi continued texting where she said she just wanted to be friends. Yemi invited her back over and she went. They were sitting on his bed. Yada, Yada, Yada.

Why did she go back? And why was she on his bed? That doesn't excuse any forced activity but she didn't put herself in the best spot...if she just wanted to be friends.

I am not condoning ANY type of forced anything.

But I also feel that making it so that women have zero accountability is only putting future women in danger.

It makes it to where women feel like they should be able to wear anything and put themselves in any situation with no fear over what will happen to them..

In a perfect world this would be true, but it is not a perfect world.

Women need to be taught to protect themselves and understand what is appropriate behavior and what is not, if they are not looking for a physical relationship with someone.

If you are not looking to have sex with a man, being alone with him and on his bed is probably not the place you want to be.

Like I said, does not excuse anything the guy may have done, but these girls REALLY need to be taught to not put themselves in comprising positions.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not condoning ANY type of forced anything.

But I also feel that making it so that women have zero accountability is only putting future women in danger.

It makes it to where women feel like they should be able to wear anything and put themselves in any situation with no fear over what will happen to them..

In a perfect world this would be true, but it is not a perfect world.

Women need to be taught to protect themselves and understand what is appropriate behavior and what is not, if they are not looking for a physical relationship with someone.

If you are not looking to have sex with a man, being alone with him and on his bed is probably not the place you want to be.

Like I said, does not excuse anything the guy may have done, but these girls REALLY need to be taught to not put themselves in comprising positions.

Great points!

Peyton will put all parties involved out of business... Just ask Al Qaeda... Jazeera I mean.. Al Jazeera..:zeitung_lesen::zeitung_lesen::zeitung_lesen:

VN Store

Back