Just saw this Tweeted from Govolsxtra..????

I was all for keeping these young ladies anonymous until the criminal trial is under way, but this obvious money grab before the criminal trial has made them fair game. Their names, sexual history, and their behavior needs to be exposed. This has become a circus. I know the players attorney's are keeping their cards close to the vest so it is not going to happen until the trial. Any attorney worth his salt will ask for a stay of this civil case until the criminal charges are adjudicated.But exposing them in the criminal trial is going to happen.

If you have looked at the other thread, you know I am very sympathetic towards women who have alleged a sexual assault occurred. I am at a loss how some people throw them under the bus. It's wrong, and should never happen.

However, this IS getting beyond the pale. I have a hard time even getting my head around the concept of a "rape culture". I mean, are men in the athletic program instructed on how to be a successful rapist? Are they encouraged to increase their rapey skill set? What is it?

It seems to me that raping someone is more of an individual decision, and those men who make it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If seeing Lil' John automatically makes a person think rape, I would suggest that maybe they have the problem.

Reactions: 1 person
If you have looked at the other thread, you know I am very sympathetic towards women who have alleged a sexual assault occurred. I am at a loss how some people throw them under the bus. It's wrong, and should never happen.

However, this IS getting beyond the pale. I have a hard time even getting my head around the concept of a "rape culture". I mean, are men in the athletic program instructed on how to be a successful rapist? Are they encouraged to increase their rapey skill set? What is it?

It seems to me that raping someone is more of an individual decision, and those men who make it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If seeing Lil' John automatically makes a person think rape, I would suggest that maybe they have the problem.

Rape culture as its used now is more about how rape is dealt with afterward than promoting it happening. Such as shaming victims or cover ups. The problem is that they are using it to the point to where innocent until proven guilty for accused is just about considered rape culture now.

If the plaintiffs' case is built around a "culture of rape" at UT then they're going to bring any and everything they can to support that claim. I think going back 20+ years and mentioning Peyton Manning and Nilo "Nitro" Sylvan is a bit of stretch and clearly meant to add a "See! Even Peyton Manning was out of control" element.

As far as Lil' Jon, I can understand that a little more. If this were a more metro area: Miami, Chicago, LA it wouldn't move the needle. But this is East TN, very conservative, Bible belt. Most people don't understand the rap culture and it's easy to put a "thug" or "rape" label on it.

While it's true some rap lyrics are degrading to women, I really doubt that's what Butch was thinking of when he invited him to practice. However, from the plaintiffs' standpoint, it easily fits their narrative of "See! Butch has rapists on his team and gangsta rappers at practice."

Ridiculous to anyone with a brain...but we're dealing with the legal system where it's never met common sense.

Welcome to the new America people. Where it's easier to sue and get paid than it is to earn a living......smh

Ain't that the truth. My wife was in a fender bender about a year ago. About 1000 dollars damage to each car. The cop agreed everybody was fine. The airbags did not even go off. The lady she hit said she was fine and did not get hurt. She probaably got hit harder by her boyfriend. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, as predicted by me, we got notice of a lawsuit claiming bodily injury. Eventually, she got an extra 10 grand from my insurance company..for nothing. What a fricking crook...

Here's a novel idea.....maybe casual sex with people who are virtually strangers is a bad idea. Maybe, just maybe God had it right from the beginning.

And in B4 "it's not the 1950s", etc

Reactions: 10 people
Ain't that the truth. My wife was in a fender bender about a year ago. About 1000 dollars damage to each car. The cop agreed everybody was fine. The airbags did not even go off. The lady she hit said she was fine and did not get hurt. She probaably got hit harder by her boyfriend. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, as predicted by me, we got notice of a lawsuit claiming bodily injury. Eventually, she got an extra 10 grand from my insurance company..for nothing. What a fricking crook...

No fooling... Been in exactly that situation. I get to do jury duty next month. First time... Get to give up a hourly wage.. Won't willingly vote to put money in a lawyers pocket.

At this point it's becoming comical... And taking away from the seriousness. But then again I thought this was settled what 2 years ago........

When you're in the grievance industry, nothing is ever settled or resolved...when that happens, the flow of unearned money stops.

I've seen halftime shows featuring Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Clearly there's a facelift culture being endorsed by POTS and it causing me to have body image issues.

Kenny needed to let droop what he had lifted and Dolly needed to lift what age and gravity may have started drooping.

Well UT at least suspended players when accusations were made .the article I read on bleacher report acted like nothing was done at all.unlike fsu letting winston play and recieve his heisman .but i do think that all football players should be living with the rest of the team not like aj Johnson living in apartment off campus where he was able to do whdo but knoxville ais t ever he wanted basicly.all schools need to keep players on campus and maby they're do not get in situation that aj got into.stay away from parties and girls if you are at UT to play football.

There are many schools that will not suspend after an allegation.
UT gets no credit for doing so.

*haha...in subject line, autocorrect made Bama - Nama and UGA - Uganda....that makes me laugh, for some reason.

Last edited:
I think UT lawyers can have a field day with the crazy breadth of this thing-- if there are current problems those need to be outed and corrected but going back to PM's incident years ago, and the throw in of Lil John seems to stretch the issues out of shape

Here's a novel idea.....maybe casual sex with people who are virtually strangers is a bad idea. Maybe, just maybe God had it right from the beginning.

And in B4 "it's not the 1950s", etc

No responsibility is the problem. This is directed at both males and females. Sex is dangerous, possible violence and rape, accusations of rape that may or may not be true, pregnancy, and STDs. It's portrayed as old fashioned to be aware of these dangers and act accordingly, and that's a shame.

I try not to blame the media, but when every sitcom not centered around a family is about young people going out and hooking up...

Soon, you will need a pre sex agreement where the two parties and their lawyers sit down and draft out details

Then, if climax is not reached or the package is smaller than advertised, then liability can be determined

If the penis don't fit, you must remit

Who am I now? I'm OJ Simpson with a knit trojan on!

Soon, you will need a pre sex agreement where the two parties and their lawyers sit down and draft out details

Then, if climax is not reached or the package is smaller than advertised, then liability can be determined

I have designed an app that you can use to get documented permission at the moment of decision. Just tap with a fingerprint.

my first ? To the girl interviewed on TV who says she was raped by a FB player is "just what were you doing in his dorm room?" And bringing Peyton into it dismisses any credibility the suit may have had.

The names Lil Jon and Peyton Manning were thrown into the lawsuit because they knew that print media would use the names for headline grabbing click bait. It's low hanging fruit for KNS and the like.

The more publicity this thing gets the more pressure it applies on the University to settle.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess we shouldn't post anymore the "girls of whatever team" pictures anymore before every game otherwise all of us on Volnation will be named in the lawsuit next since we created a sexual environment of whatever! What a joke and clearly this is just for money only hoping the University will just settle so they can get paid.

Maybe true, but the "ladies" who pose for those pictures are the ones who expose themselves to the opportunity to have those picture posted. Alcohol/drugs play such an important part in these cases and one has to be responsible for their actions, weather they were high or not. It appears that people make different decisions depending on their physical/mental status at the time the decision is made. Later, they think, I really didn't mean to make that decision and change their mind after the action.

I do not deny that rape occurs on college campuses, weather alcohol or drugs are involved. I also realize that consenting sexual encounters happen and are latter reported as rape. I would not want to be on a jury in any of such cases because it is usually very difficult to prove who is not telling the truth. It is a no win situation, but it happens, especially in our current society of sexual freedom and expression.

Really, this just shows how trashy the Knoxville News Sentinel is now. I will be cancelling my subscription when it runs out. They need to place it on the checkout lanes at Walmart where it belongs.

Hilarious part is that people still actually read newspapers.

Again, how does reporting on the content of a lawsuit show how trashy the News-Sentinel is? It's not their lawsuit and it's not like it will just go away or cease to exist if they ignore it.

They made it a headline and sent out an SMS about Peyton being named in the lawsuit. That's yellow journalism.

Wow. 10,000% NAILED it. I feel a great urge to buy you alcoholic beverages of your choosing in great quantities. Can I borrow this??

(*edit: what the crap happened to the post I quoted???*)

Quick! Someone call a lawyer! I have visual proof that USC promotes a drug culture!

usc-ucla-snoop-dogg-underwear.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Lol. You have been hanging around Special Ed I see!

VN Store

Back