Karoline Striplin in Transfer Portal

Are non-degree students eligible to compete in NCAA sports? I suppose it's soon to be an obsolete question.
Back in the day, graduate applications would be due around May 1 or so but I realize that student athletes play by different rules.

Are non-degree students eligible to compete in NCAA sports? I suppose it's soon to be an obsolete question.
Back in the day, graduate applications would be due around May 1 or so but I realize that student athletes play by different rules.
UT does not have a schoolwide application deadline for grad school, but individual departments can choose to impose them if they want.

Good player not a great player. Wishing her well!
Good player not a great player. Wishing her well!
I think had Kellie treated her fairly and played her at the position she was recruited at she could have been great. Karo suffered at expense of a coach that did not utilize her talent correctly. I see we are recruiting players that will probably play below Karo potentially. I think with the right coaching and playing where she should as a 3 or 4 she will be a valuable asset that should be a ladyvol. I agree with earlier comment that at least 3 or 4 should go as opposed to Kari.

Karo and Jill played out of position bc of injury to others, not coaching choices. The coaches were not responsible for TK's blood clots.
Coaching is having a true backup 5 on the roster in case of issues instead of asking players to play out of position. I recall that Karo was recruited as a top 45 player in the country. Recruited by top teams such as UCLA and Nc State. Good luck to Karo where ever she goes. I think she will shine when she plays her natural spot. Jillian has regressed under Kellie as well and do not think she will be a good fit under new coaching style.

Coaching is having a true backup 5 on the roster in case of issues instead of asking players to play out of position. I recall that Karo was recruited as a top 45 player in the country. Recruited by top teams such as UCLA and Nc State. Good luck to Karo where ever she goes. I think she will shine when she plays her natural spot. Jillian has regressed under Kellie as well and do not think she will be a good fit under new coaching style.

Facts make their brain hurt. Stop it you MEANIE 😉

Pretty sure it's been long established that KJH downfall was inability to recruit, esp high school players. That's why she's no longer coach.

Pretty sure it's been long established that KJH downfall was inability to recruit, esp high school players. That's why she's no longer coach.
Nope have read all the posts on how unskilled Karo is. Kellie was a great player but not a coach at this level. Thanks for informing me that is why she was fired , lol sometimes not sure Kellie understood basketball I.e. last second against S.C.

I won’t get into their game but I’ll say players play out of position all the time, that’s why getting versatile players are a must.
Yeah the Latham trade over Karo shows where we are headed. I still think Karo will thrive in a different system. She’s a strong role player. Needs to improve her rim protection. She was never really a fit in Kellies system. Tbh I don’t know what is a fit in Kellie system other than “tall at your position”

Looks like quite a bit going on between Karo and Indiana. Big 10 could be a nice fit for her. Undersized posts tend to do really well in that league. Moren knows just what to do with them as well.

Reactions: UTtoDC and lvocd
Yeah the Latham trade over Karo shows where we are headed. I still think Karo will thrive in a different system. She’s a strong role player. Needs to improve her rim protection. She was never really a fit in Kellies system. Tbh I don’t know what is a fit in Kellie system other than “tall at your position”

I wish her the best, but so far so good with the upgrade.

If Tamari was healthy, then Karo would have even fewer minutes because of even better options at the 4, including Puckett. She was buried in the bench due to the depth at the 4, so the 5 was the only spot where minutes were available

VN Store

Back