Karoline Striplin in Transfer Portal

All of the non-conference contracts were signed well before the coaching change was made, so I don’t expect for much to be different from this past year. Tennessee is set to play in that champions classic against Iowa, they still owe Colorado a return trip from two years ago, there will be a road game in the ACC – SEC challenge, a road game at Memphis, and home games against Florida State and MTSU. I may be forgetting somebody. Beyond that, they will almost certainly play in a Thanksgiving tournament and then fill out the schedule with mid-majors from there.

Thanks DeerPark!

Whew, that's another tough OOC schedule. Esp for a team with new coach and a new system who's already said November would be a rough learning curve. Wish we could tone this down a bit.

I doubt it’s as strong as it was last season. I’m sure it’s still a tough schedule but the previous staff knew what they had returning for sure and that they would need to add 4-5 players. I suspect it’s a bit more reasonable.

I doubt it’s as strong as it was last season. I’m sure it’s still a tough schedule but the previous staff knew what they had returning for sure and that they would need to add 4-5 players. I suspect it’s a bit more reasonable.
Agree, it's not as hard as the murder's row of Indiana, Okla, ND, and Ohio St, in a row. Also agree the previous staff knew this year was going to be an even harder challenge personnell-wise and would have tried to tone it down.

Still going to be a stiff challenge, esp while implementing new players and new system.

Last edited:
Agree, it's not as hard as the murder's row of Indiana, Okla, ND, and Ohio St, in a row. Also agree the previous staff knew this year was going to be an even harder challenge personnell- and wise and would have tried to tone it down.

Still going to be a stiff challenge, esp while implementing new players and new system.

We will get an opportunity to see what Lucy Olsen can do at Iowa against us. I’m interested to see how she adapts there.

Depends on your definition of 'better'. Historically, yes, the LVs are a better program. Realistically and recently, if Karo goes to IU she'll have the best chance she's had in her career to make a deep tourney run and compete for league championships.

No, realistically and recently Indiana is not a better program than Tennessee either. She has one year. She has played for the conference title in the SEC and made it to the semifinals.

With this logic, folks would be making baseless takes like calling the Denver Nuggets a better franchise than the San Antonio Spurs. Or the Buffalo Bills a better franchise than the New England Patriots.

One season, two seasons, or three seasons is irrelevant to comparing programs.

No, realistically and recently Indiana is not a better program than Tennessee either. She has one year. She has played for the conference title in the SEC and made it to the semifinals.

With this logic, folks would be making baseless takes like calling the Denver Nuggets a better franchise than the San Antonio Spurs. Or the Buffalo Bills a better franchise than the New England Patriots.

One season, two seasons, or three seasons is irrelevant to comparing programs.

Well, if you were a player hunting a championship with one year left in your career, would you have gone to Denver or San Antonio this season?

Again, I am not sure why you have jumped in on a Karo appreciation thread to trash her choice and destination school. She has been a LV for four seasons. She only has this option because of the Covid extension and wants a change of scenery. She has had plenty of the LVs vaunted history and maybe wants something in the NOW.

Last edited:
And you are still wrong. One season, two season, even three seasons will never make Indiana better program than Tennessee. You can post it on a message board does not change the reality.
I guess you think Indiana’s men’s basketball is a better program than Tennessee’s men’s basketball.

Fact: Indiana women's basketball has enjoyed more overall RECENT success as a program than Tennessee. In 2024 they won their regular season conference championship. In 2021 they got to the Elite 8. In 2021 2022 and 2024 they were in the Sweet 16. Plus all the second-round appearances.

No, they haven't hoisted any national championship trophies, but people who follow the sport in general should well know they've got a strong, highly successful program under a strong, talented coach.

If you'll recall, even our Lady Vols have fallen to Indiana in recent years. So, while NOBODY would be crazy enough to suggest Indiana has a better pedigree than Tennessee, historically, they've certainly made up some ground in recent years. Hopefully we'll soon be taking back that ground!

Fact: Indiana women's basketball has enjoyed more overall RECENT success as a program than Tennessee. In 2024 they won their regular season conference championship. In 2021 they got to the Elite 8. In 2021 2022 and 2024 they were in the Sweet 16. Plus all the second-round appearances.

No, they haven't hoisted any national championship trophies, but people who follow the sport in general should well know they've got a strong, highly successful program under a strong, talented coach.

If you'll recall, even our Lady Vols have fallen to Indiana in recent years. So, while NOBODY would be crazy enough to suggest Indiana has a better pedigree than Tennessee, historically, they've certainly made up some ground in recent years. Hopefully we'll soon be taking back that ground!
This was another coach on my list.

I guess you think Indiana’s men’s basketball is a better program than Tennessee’s men’s basketball.

Excellent point. Indiana has been the better team/stronger program for the last, say, 4/5 years--just as the UT men have been a better program/team
than Indiana men over the last several years, though historically Indiana is of course better.

Well, if you were a player hunting a championship with one year left in your career, would you have gone to Denver or San Antonio this season?

Again, I am not sure why you have jumped in on a Karo appreciation thread to trash her choice and destination school. She has been a LV for four seasons. She only has this option because of the Covid extension and wants a change of scenery. She has had plenty of the LVs vaunted history and maybe wants something in the NOW.

I thought Karoline, Kaiya, & Puckett are true seniors and that Tess and Jewel are among the last of the Covids.

Correct. Only player left w any extra eligibility is Wells bc she redshirted. Sr this yr and has COVID yr

I thought Karoline, Kaiya, & Puckett are true seniors and that Tess and Jewel are among the last of the Covids.
Yes, I got confused (not the first time), The fact that she is graduating this Spring through me off. Finishing in 3 years while playing ball is very impressive.

She must have come in with a bunch of AP credits for her freshman requisites

Last edited:
Y

Yes, I got confused (not the first time), The fact that she is graduating this Spring through me off. Finishing in 3 years while playing ball is very impressive.

She must have come in with a bunch of AP credits for her freshman requisites
Don’t the athletes overload in summer as well? We had some quibbles about finishing masters in a year to a year and a half with athletes wanting course overloads in the summer.

and what, pray tell, grows in your garden that lures you there so consistently?
My irises right now are showing out! Lilies should be popping out in the next few weeks. It’s almost berry and tomato season though, both of which are running rampant in my yard. Good for me and for the birds though! My secret dream (not so secret anymore) is to become a master gardner and have one those yards you just ogle because it’s beautiful year round. One day…

Good Luck with that dream...

I used to have a green thumb but lost it when we moved to Florida. Here in SC. I have no space for gardening other than a few potted plants and a rock garden back yard. :( But just today I found out that the evil weed I spent hours trying to pull out of the yard in Pensacola was actually called Florida betony aka rattlesnake root and is both edible and medicinal . could have used it for migraines and tension headaches.

VN Store

Back