Karoline Striplin in Transfer Portal

Looks like quite a bit going on between Karo and Indiana. Big 10 could be a nice fit for her. Undersized posts tend to do really well in that league. Moren knows just what to do with them as well.

Gosh, that would be terrific for Karoline. Teri Moren is one of the best coaches in the country, and Hoosier fans would absolutely adore Striplin. And I'd be so, so happy for them all.

Hey, do we think there's a chance we'll have Indiana on our schedule again this coming season?

Gosh, that would be terrific for Karoline. Teri Moren is one of the best coaches in the country, and Hoosier fans would absolutely adore Striplin. And I'd be so, so happy for them all.

Hey, do we think there's a chance we'll have Indiana on our schedule again this coming season?

No clue, I am very curious to see what the schedule looks like. I imagine it will look quite a bit different. I expect us to schedule a bit easier schedule in the early season compared to the last few seasons.

So much of that seems based off coaching contacts and who wants to play who. Some of the better programs may be a little leery of playing us not knowing what we are going to look like.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
No clue, I am very curious to see what the schedule looks like. I imagine it will look quite a bit different. I expect us to schedule a bit easier schedule in the early season compared to the last few seasons.

So much of that seems based off coaching contacts and who wants to play who. Some of the better programs may be a little leery of playing us not knowing what we are going to look like.
I’ll say this again but I like playing good teams early because it tells u where u are, instead of playing cupcakes and everyone just think we are so great and lose to all the good teams in the future. But for the most part we should know our claiming once the roster is finalized.

I’ll say this again but I like playing good teams early because it tells u where u are, instead of playing cupcakes and everyone just think we are so great and lose to all the good teams in the future. But for the most part we should know our claiming once the roster is finalized.
💯 also if you attend games, don’t you want to see something competitive? I don’t mind scheduling HBCUs or schools coached by Lady Vols. That’s fine. But a non-con that could have been scheduled by LSU would see me questioning the value of season tickets.

Yeah, this new Lady Vols era is already hotter than a Hot Pocket after 7 minutes in the microwave, so there may not be many opposing coaches willing to risk being upset by a rebuilding Tennessee team with a magnetic young head coach.

Pat Summitt, as we all know, often scheduled up-and-comers in the interest of growing the game. And yes, sometimes Tennessee lost those games. But in the end, the game needed Pat (and others later) to be willing to take that risk, and hopefully there'll be some great coaches willing to go toe-to-toe with Kim.

What an exciting time to be a Lady Vols fan!

Great move for Karoline. She should be a good fit for Indiana and Indiana will likely be the favorite to win the Big 10 (again). In four years, Karo has not won anything so this move is understandable on many levels.
Don't forget that USC and UCLA will be in the Big 10 next season! I'm sure Ohio State will be competing for the title, too.

Great move for Karoline. She should be a good fit for Indiana and Indiana will likely be the favorite to win the Big 10 (again). In four years, Karo has not won anything so this move is understandable on many levels.

Funny how people can make anything seem like a win.. what has Indiana won even in those four years that Tennessee hasn’t? An easier conference title?

And did Tennessee not play in a conference championship a year ago?

This is comical. Good for her though. Great move for both sides.

Reactions: vols90
I hope Karoline absolutely crushes it at Indiana. And if the Hoosiers end up on Tennessee's schedule again I'd give just about anything for her to light us up! 🥹

But don't go off on me, people. I just want KAROLINE to have a great game -- and nobody else. I still want the Lady Vols to beat everyone they play!

I think maybe a lot more Tennessee fans than just me will be hoping for her to have an amazing, championship-winning season as her last. ♥️

Funny how people can make anything seem like a win.. what has Indiana won even in those four years that Tennessee hasn’t? An easier conference title?

And did Tennessee not play in a conference championship a year ago?

This is comical. Good for her though. Great move for both sides.

Oh shut up.

Some of the people how a way of trying to make this the goofiest fanbase ever. Nobody did anything wrong or does not want to see any former LV player do well. But some of you do not even defend players on UT’s own roster the way you do transfers and just about anybody else.

Again, for someone to say Indiana is a better situation than Tennessee is comical. Second, an entire thread for a transfer that folks are excited for but will find much of anything positive or encouraging to a better player that just signed with Tennessee last night.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Some of the people how a way of trying to make this the goofiest fanbase ever. Nobody did anything wrong or does not want to see any former LV player do well. But some of you do not even defend players on UT’s own roster the way you do transfers and just about anybody else.

Again, for someone to say Indiana is a better situation than Tennessee is comical. Second, an entire thread for a transfer that folks are excited for but will find much of anything positive or encouraging to a better player that just signed with Tennessee last night.

You can’t make this stuff up.
Well some might say that Karoline is the one who decides what counts as a better situation for her. Winner/Rocky, why do you feel impelled to turn everything into an argument?

Well some might say that Karoline is the one who decides what counts as a better situation for her. Winner/Rocky, why do you feel impelled to turn everything into an argument?

My username is House|RockyTop. You really are talking in circles. Nobody is arguing but you as usual are projecting your train of thought as impacting how a person feels through a keyboard. I’m laughing right now. Indiana and Tennessee as a program are comparing apples and oranges. Playing at Tennessee and in the SEC is not for everybody. So again, good luck to Karoline Striplin.

My username is House|RockyTop. You really are talking in circles. Nobody is arguing but you as usual are projecting your train of thought as impacting how a person feels through a keyboard. I’m laughing right now. Indiana and Tennessee as a program are comparing apples and oranges. Playing at Tennessee and in the SEC is not for everybody. So again, good luck to Karoline Striplin.
Okay, poster formerly known as WinnerCircle, you stand on business.......

Strange how taunting other posters is the norm when someone disagrees or is proven wrong.
Not really taunting, just have a little fun at your obvious change of handle. But as someone who just posted about how this is goofiest fan base ever for having an appreciation thread for Karoline, it might be useful to able to take a little playful banter.

But, I am more with you than not. I appreciate your boundless enthusiasm for whatever is current with the LVs program. Some of us just wish to acknowledge those who have moved on for their own personal reasons.

You are the opposite of negavol- you are MEGAvol!

Peace, love and understanding,

MTV

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Karoline’s teammates say she’s going to Indiana

If true, she's moving to a stronger program. Let's be candid about that. The Hoosers were 26-6/15-3 last year. The year before they were 28-4/16-2. They've been good for the last four/five years. I'm surprised they were just a 4 seed in this year's NCAA tourney---seemed under-seeded. Maybe because the OOC schedule was a bit soft. They had to play South Carolina in Sweet 16 and lost by 4.

And you are still wrong. One season, two season, even three seasons will never make Indiana better program than Tennessee. You can post it on a message board does not change the reality.

But, I am more with you than not. I appreciate your boundless enthusiasm for whatever is current with the LVs program
As long as the boundless enthusiasm doesn't also contain complete disdain and intolerance for any poster who choses to be a little more grounded in reality. Which WC always does, always has.
And you are still wrong. One season, two season, even three seasons will never make Indiana better program than Tennessee. You can post it on a message board does not change the reality.
Depends on your definition of 'better'. Historically, yes, the LVs are a better program. Realistically and recently, if Karo goes to IU she'll have the best chance she's had in her career to make a deep tourney run and compete for league championships.

All of the non-conference contracts were signed well before the coaching change was made, so I don’t expect for much to be different from this past year. Tennessee is set to play in that champions classic against Iowa, they still owe Colorado a return trip from two years ago, there will be a road game in the ACC – SEC challenge, a road game at Memphis, and home games against Florida State and MTSU. I may be forgetting somebody. Beyond that, they will almost certainly play in a Thanksgiving tournament and then fill out the schedule with mid-majors from there.

All of the non-conference contracts were signed well before the coaching change was made, so I don’t expect for much to be different from this past year. Tennessee is set to play in that champions classic against Iowa, they still owe Colorado a return trip from two years ago, there will be a road game in the ACC – SEC challenge, a road game at Memphis, and home games against Florida State and MTSU. I may be forgetting somebody. Beyond that, they will almost certainly play in a Thanksgiving tournament and then fill out the schedule with mid-majors from there.
Whew, that's another tough OOC schedule. Esp for a team with new coach and a new system who's already said November would be a rough learning curve. Wish we could tone this down a bit.

VN Store

Back