Karoline Striplin in Transfer Portal

My irises right now are showing out! Lilies should be popping out in the next few weeks. It’s almost berry and tomato season though, both of which are running rampant in my yard. Good for me and for the birds though! My secret dream (not so secret anymore) is to become a master gardner and have one those yards you just ogle because it’s beautiful year round. One day…
Sounds like you're on your way. Isn't the iris the Tennessee state flower? My grandmother grew them. The sight of them makes me happy.

My irises right now are showing out! Lilies should be popping out in the next few weeks. It’s almost berry and tomato season though, both of which are running rampant in my yard. Good for me and for the birds though! My secret dream (not so secret anymore) is to become a master gardner and have one those yards you just ogle because it’s beautiful year round. One day…
Peonies in bloom here in tune town! Have some that my mother got from my grandmother.

You make me jealous and impatient. Last night was around 22° F. There's still a little snow in shady places. We do have lots of scilla (squill) and daffodils blooming, and the tulips have started to come up. They should bloom in a month or so.

IMG_1717.jpeg

You make me jealous and impatient. Last night was around 22° F. There's still a little snow in shady places. We do have lots of scilla (squill) and daffodils blooming, and the tulips have started to come up. They should bloom in a month or so.

View attachment 636668
Beautiful! I love the subtle and contrasting blues of the blooms ❤️

What great trees! River Birch’s have year round interest pretty bark! Not sure where you are in CO but I believe CSU also has tree give aways. Might be pines for higher elevations.

Yes, you can get free trees through your CSU extension office in any county in Colorado. They will even come plant them for you most of the time!

They are generally Colorado native species from csu extension and I wanted to add a little variety this year.

Just keep at it! Build your garden year by year. Don’t be afraid to prune. The master gardener classes (extension service) are great! You should definitely do them! So excited for you!

Just keep at it! Build your garden year by year. Don’t be afraid to prune. The master gardener classes (extension service) are great! You should definitely do them! So excited for you!

Extension agents are my favorite. My next door neighbor growing up was our local CSU extension agent. George taught me so much about gardening, plants and life just letting me follow him around in his garden as an annoying little kid.

He and his wife are 86 and 85 and still live next to my parents. I go rototill his stuff for him because he has poor eyesight from macular degeneration now. Still gets all his gardening done, just a bit slower! He says, “the plants don’t care how fast you go.”

Anyway, sorry for derailing this thread with gardening 😂😂😂

VN Store

Back