Kiffin Game Day Interview

Some of you amaze me. Kiffin destroyed our program. Leaving after a year of coaching is something you just don't do. When you're getting paid in the millions you have a duty to not screw over your employer the way he did.

Taking Kiffin back would be like going back to a partner who beats you.

Reactions: 7 people
at least you are open minded!

he is and will remain a big time head coach!

you might not like it but that's the truth.

He will be a winning SEC head coach for a long time.

Better hope we do not have to face him every year

I would prefer him be leading us instead of beating us!

First time anyone in history has called FAU a big time job. He is not a big time HC. He is the head coach of a school in Conference USA.

Reactions: 2 people
People raised cane when he bolted in the middle of the night after one season. Now they want him to do it to another school and give him some manlove. SMDH

Some of you amaze me. Kiffin destroyed our program. Leaving after a year of coaching is something you just don't do. When you're getting paid in the millions you have a duty to not screw over your employer the way he did.

Taking Kiffin back would be like going back to a partner who beats you.

Exactly. Same reason to not entertain Petrino, he did the same thing to the Falcons.

Simple question. If any of you were offered your dream job at twice the salary to walk out the door, would you walk? 'nuff said!

Reactions: 6 people
I didn’t want Kiffin hired the first time. Some of y’all forget what his exit was actually like. Keep him far away from our program, please.

Reactions: 3 people
I well remember his exit, and still would not hesitate to hire him. I love to win, and believe he could field some damn good teams here. He is Level 3 on my list.

Reactions: 1 person
at least you are open minded!

he is and will remain a big time head coach!

you might not like it but that's the truth.

He will be a winning SEC head coach for a long time.

Better hope we do not have to face him every year

I would prefer him be leading us instead of beating us!

If Tennessee hires Lane Kiffin again, I will become a Vanderbilt fan.

Failed at USC, I don't know what else there is to say. Lane Kiffin will never work at Tennessee again. I don't get the fascination honestly.

Reactions: 5 people
Anybody watch the interview? Anybody doubt that he would bring excitement back to Tennessee football like no one else especially when we play Alabama?? Anybody think from what he said that Tennessee would be his new dream job? I don't know anyone else with a higher upside. The others are risky at best, especially Gruden.

ESPN College GameDay aired an interview Kiffin had with Tom Rinaldi, One of them surrounded the rumors about filling Tennessee’s coaching vacancy.
“Time heals everything, I guess,” Kiffin said. “That wasn’t the reaction I remember when couches were burning, sneaking out with the cops to the airport.”
Kiffin was also asked about the series of tweets he’s posted rather consistently about rat poison, which stems from a comment Alabama coach Nick Saban had earlier this season about the media’s coverage of the Crimson Tide.
“I’m taking what the best motivator in all of college football does to motivate his team, and I’m using the same stuff in a different style.”
“Not well, and wrong. The last 26 times we were on the field together? 26-0. Did it get some taking used to by me? Was it rough at first? Yes, which is my fault. He’s the head coach, you know. Prior to that, the last time I was an assistant coach was six straight years, and that was with Pete Carroll.
“Nick Saban changed me. Three years with him, the best in the world at what he does, and I got to sit there and learn? There’s not a day that goes by that there’s not something I don’t draw in my head, ‘what would coach Saban do?'”
Towards the end of the interview, Kiffin talked about how he used to think about landing the biggest job and making the most money, but he’s learned to enjoy the journey now with the Owls and try to achieve what can’t be done.
Edit/Delete Message

Please keep your trash in the basketball forum. Thanks

Simple question. If any of you were offered your dream job at twice the salary to walk out the door, would you walk? 'nuff said!

If I'm not mistaken, he told Tennessee if his dream job, USC, opened up he was gone. I would say blame Mike Hamilton for that, more than blame Lane.

Reactions: 7 people
If he ever won here, we'd find out Texas, Alabama, UCLA, Rams or chargers, etc would be his "dream job" also.

Why can't people realize he's jut trolling Vol fans?

Lane Kiffin is an idiot. Good coach, dumb person. Not capable of being a big time hc

Yeah he is a big time coach. Give the guy his due. Look at where he is now and what their offense is doing. A Kiffin coached team would beat a Dooley or Butch Jones coached team.

Reactions: 4 people
That's not deep. That is stupid.

Kiffin actually has atrack record of making quarterbacks beter in Knoxville. Butch can't say that.

The guy with 7 wins? The guy who left after one year?
The guy who got told to GTFO at USC because he was terrible?

You're going to hang your hat on "made a QB better in Knoxville?" That's our guiding star despite all that other stuff.

I hear FAU needs more fans. You're invited to jump ship and join them.

VN Store

Back