Kiffin Game Day Interview

Juvenile fans covet a juvenile coach.

How many years will it take for Kiffin to find another sucker Ad like Mike Hamilton to hire him at a P5 job?

I say it will never happen.

Reactions: 1 person
There is not a single scenario fathomable by the human mind, that Lame Kiffen would ever again be hired by the University of Tennessee.

The fact that people keep starting threads like this, is why Tennessee fans are Laughed at by college football fans and the media.

NEWSFLASH!!!!

they're laughing at YOU!

Originally Posted by DaddyChad View Post
Failed at USC, I don't know what else there is to say. Lane Kiffin will never work at Tennessee again. I don't get the fascination honestly.

lots of people don't
people who like to win get it!

Reactions: 2 people
Blocked FG away from a win over Bama.
Kiffen isn’t scared of Bama
blind squirell my friend. Hire Kiffin and put his roster next year against Saban and see what happens . Especially after the way that things ended between the 2 of them . That would go for every year after too

Originally Posted by DaddyChad View Post
Failed at USC, I don't know what else there is to say. Lane Kiffin will never work at Tennessee again. I don't get the fascination honestly.

lots of people don't
people who like to win get it!

Not sure I’d call his time at usc a failure. He was there while usc was being penalized and still did pretty well

Last edited:
He trolls Saban. Would give Bama hell.

This isn't professional wrestling. Kiffin would win the twitter war, and Saban would kick his ass on the field. Kiffin, beyond being a sociopath who would bring disrepute to UT, is a mediocre coach (seriously, check his record) whom every employer is glad to see go. Pat Haden held him in such contempt that he left him stranded on a tarmac. Think about that. But maybe his behavior and coaching would be better in Knoxville? If only we had some way of knowing how he would do in Knoxville...sigh!

Anybody watch the interview? Anybody doubt that he would bring excitement back to Tennessee football like no one else especially when we play Alabama?? Anybody think from what he said that Tennessee would be his new dream job? I don't know anyone else with a higher upside. The others are risky at best, especially Gruden.

ESPN College GameDay aired an interview Kiffin had with Tom Rinaldi, One of them surrounded the rumors about filling Tennessee’s coaching vacancy.
“Time heals everything, I guess,” Kiffin said. “That wasn’t the reaction I remember when couches were burning, sneaking out with the cops to the airport.”
Kiffin was also asked about the series of tweets he’s posted rather consistently about rat poison, which stems from a comment Alabama coach Nick Saban had earlier this season about the media’s coverage of the Crimson Tide.
“I’m taking what the best motivator in all of college football does to motivate his team, and I’m using the same stuff in a different style.”
“Not well, and wrong. The last 26 times we were on the field together? 26-0. Did it get some taking used to by me? Was it rough at first? Yes, which is my fault. He’s the head coach, you know. Prior to that, the last time I was an assistant coach was six straight years, and that was with Pete Carroll.
“Nick Saban changed me. Three years with him, the best in the world at what he does, and I got to sit there and learn? There’s not a day that goes by that there’s not something I don’t draw in my head, ‘what would coach Saban do?'”
Towards the end of the interview, Kiffin talked about how he used to think about landing the biggest job and making the most money, but he’s learned to enjoy the journey now with the Owls and try to achieve what can’t be done.
Edit/Delete Message

His mouth will keep him at FAU

Simple question. If any of you were offered your dream job at twice the salary to walk out the door, would you walk? 'nuff said!

I agree with this. Everyone knew that if USC came calling he would go. Should have put a HUGE buyout in his contract to take them out of the picture! All that was on the then AD!

Now all the USC stuff at UT bothers me! I’m not sure he would be so enamored with them if given the chance? I think given the opportunity he comes in, and embraces UT for all it’s greatness? After Gruden, and Kelly I think he has the most upside.

Reactions: 4 people
Lane would be a god send for this team. He was here for 1 year and did decent with the players we had.

People that say he destroyed our program are a joke. He was here 1 year. Our program was destroyed by the 2 coaches after him.

He will end up at a big time school and win a championship years before UT even gets a sniff at the SEC championship.

Reactions: 3 people
That's not deep. That is stupid.

Kiffin actually has atrack record of making quarterbacks beter in Knoxville. Butch can't say that.
Yessir!! Kiffin certainly made Bryce Petty and Tahj Boyd better quarterbacks....when he discarded their talents to other teams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lane would be a god send for this team. He was here for 1 year and did decent with the players we had.

People that say he destroyed our program are a joke. He was here 1 year. Our program was destroyed by the 2 coaches after him.

He will end up at a big time school and win a championship years before UT even gets a sniff at the SEC championship.

whats a guy with a brain doing on a board like this?????
you think we should have his ass banned?

VN Store

Back