Kiffin Game Day Interview

First time anyone in history has called FAU a big time job. He is not a big time HC. He is the head coach of a school in Conference USA.

don't have to be at a big time school to be a big time coach.

He is undefeated in the conference and compared to last year's record it makes him a big time successful coach

Like Parcell's said, we are what our record is!

Imagine if Vandy hired him. Which is not out of the realm of possibility. I'd take him with out a second thought.

Some of you amaze me. Kiffin destroyed our program. Leaving after a year of coaching is something you just don't do. When you're getting paid in the millions you have a duty to not screw over your employer the way he did.

Taking Kiffin back would be like going back to a partner who beats you.

Well, I have to disagree a little here on Kiffen. He told the AD that USC was the job he had always wanted and he would probablly leave TENNESSEE for that HCing position. It came open and he did what he said he would probably do, he took the USC job.

I was pi$$ed as all get out at him at the time, but I could take him back. He could darn well win us a Natty, and you can laugh or disagree but I believe that. Some of you would be fine with him going to Florida, it would scarre the heck out of me to see him there. He can recruit, develops QB's and score points. Give him the athletes UF can draw and would I expect less wins than we have now against UF. IF HE SCARES ME POTENTIALLY BEING AT UF, THEN HE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED as a potential hire here. Would you want to see him as OC at UGA? Probably not, I know I would not. How about running the offence for Musrat at USCe? If you would not want him at an opponent then you should consider him as a candidate. JMO, GBO.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of you amaze me. Kiffin destroyed our program. Leaving after a year of coaching is something you just don't do. When you're getting paid in the millions you have a duty to not screw over your employer the way he did.

Sorry but I don't blame Kiffen for leaving I blame (who ever was AD) for not making the buyout at least work in Tennessee's favor.

Everyone and their mother knew when Kiffen was hired that if the Southern Cal job came open he would probably be the #1 candidate and would likely take it if offered.

I posted a night or two ago that Lane Kiffen will win a National Championship someday (probably) more than one and it likely come at a SEC program.

I also didn't see a problem with him showing recruits video of Southern Cal players etc. How else was he going show them the offense he planned on running? Showing highlights of an offense that he ran that put up a lot of points while winning 20+ games in the two years he was OC including playing in a couple of Rose Bowls and the National Championship game. (Not a lot of Tennessee highlights to show coming off a 5-7 season)

Players that by then were in the NFL like Matt Leinart, Steve Smith, LenDale White and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush among others that's a pretty good selling point IMO for a kid thinking he helped put those guys in league he can do the same for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I have to disagree a little here on Kiffen. He told the AD that USC was the job he had always wanted and he would probablly leave TENNESSEE for that HCing position. It came open and he did what he said he would probably do, he took the USC job.

I was pi$$ed as all get out at him at the time, but I could take him back. He could darn well win us a Natty, and you can laugh or disagree but I believe that. Some of you would be fine with him going to Florida, it would scarre the heck out of me to see him there. He can recruit, develops QB's and score points. Give him the athletes UF can draw and would I expect less wins than we have now against UF. IF HE SCARES ME POTENTIALLY BEING AT UF, THEN HE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED as a potential hire here. Would you want to see him as OC at UGA? Probably not, I know I would not. How about running the offence for Musrat at USCe? If you would not want him at an opponent then you should consider him as a candidate. JMO, GBO.

Exactly!! Where ever he goes next will definitely be long term. Imagine him at Vanderbilt? Fighting him for instate recruits year in and year out. I say we get him on the phone.

Reactions: 3 people
at least you are open minded!

he is and will remain a big time head coach!

you might not like it but that's the truth.

He will be a winning SEC head coach for a long time.

Better hope we do not have to face him every year

I would prefer him be leading us instead of beating us!
The potential is no doubt there, always has been, but the risk is also high!!
Self destructive, like Donald Trump. Doesn’t matter how many people tell him don’t tweet, your hurting yourself every time, he can’t stop!

I was as mad as the next when he dissed us but he did bring an edge here and he did bring recruits not all were the best people and his one yr he was here we were a heck of a lot more relevant in some aspects out there and compared to some of the other pawn scum coaches being listed here or thrown out there by names he may not be to bad a choice just saying

There is not a single scenario fathomable by the human mind, that Lame Kiffen would ever again be hired by the University of Tennessee.

The fact that people keep starting threads like this, is why Tennessee fans are Laughed at by college football fans and the media.

After the way he treated us. The bad things about our fans and city. Calling recruits and telling them the place sucks. Hanging us out to dry and never looking back. After all that I am amazed by any true Vol fan wanting him back unless they just don't remember all of it! I couldn't pull for a Vol team led by him now.

Reactions: 2 people
There is not a single scenario fathomable by the human mind, that Lame Kiffen would ever again be hired by the University of Tennessee.

The fact that people keep starting threads like this, is why Tennessee fans are Laughed at by college football fans and the media.

As Vol fans, I don’t understand why we should care about what other fan bases think of us.

Reactions: 2 people

No the feeding frenzy going on over Gruden is what's making us a laughing stock.

Fulmer destroyed the program, not Kiffin.

Would be more than uncomfortable if Kiffin were HC at another SEC program. If Gruden says no, I would take Kiffin in a New York second. Misplaced pride and too much attachment to tradition are largely responsible for the current miserable state of UT football.

VN Store

Back