LMAO at... [SECN "experts" being wrong]

Last I checked Vandy beat UT the last two years. I'm trying to understand the euphoria of having the team that beat you only two games ago get slaughtered by a doormat?

It's simple. Normal fans like it when a rival team gets beaten like a drum. Especially instate rivals. So

Reactions: 9 people
Last I checked Vandy beat UT the last two years. I'm trying to understand the euphoria of having the team that beat you only two games ago get slaughtered by a doormat?

Over-under five games before you are no longer a Vandy fan?

Vandy is on its way back.
Tennessee is on its way back.

All is right in the world.

Reactions: 7 people
The talk of Vandy shouldn't be about how bad their QB play is but how bad Mason was. We thought we had it bad with Dooley, that guy had his KY loss as his opener. Their only bright spot is it can't get worse for them they already lost the most embarrassing way they could have.

Reactions: 3 people
A&M is for real. Sumlin is for real. I'll eat crow on that deal I thought for sure he was at least getting some good luck with Manziel but they looked damn strong for an opener. Their D may still be vulnerable but it's improved which is a damn scary proposition. They are the OR of the SEC now.

Reactions: 5 people

Last I checked UT has beaten candy 23 of the last 26 years. That's just in my lifetime. The fact is you vandy fans couldn't keep your mouths shut and got so worked up over 9 win seasons. Go win a championship or even get to ten wins and play some real non conference games before you try to say how you have arrived.

Reactions: 9 people

More proof you Vandy fans don't get college football. The Vandy of the last 2 years is not this year's Vandy. Same goes for the Vols. Now get back in the basement where you belong.

Reactions: 2 people
On the ESPN conversation for UT vs USU, there is a post by a Candy student talking trash about the Vols. Of course it was posted before last nights game. So of course, I had to make a response to him this morning. What a bunch of turds.

Reactions: 1 person
Last I checked UT has beaten candy 23 of the last 26 years. That's just in my lifetime. The fact is you vandy fans couldn't keep your mouths shut and got so worked up over 9 win seasons. Go win a championship or even get to ten wins and play some real non conference games before you try to say how you have arrived.

you forgot that UT has more National Titles than Vandy has bowl wins!!!!! :yes:

Two notes on the Vandy fiasco...the SEC Network clowns bestowed "good coach" on Mason BEFORE the bloodletting!...this after that abortion of a recruiting class! :eek:hmy: (remember the caution they exercised with Butch before his first game?). :dunno:

The pathetic musical chairs Mason played with his QBs brought back painful memories of Ainge-Clausen and Crompton-Stephens...:scare: Hey Mason! Way to get this out of the way BEFORE you coach 15 seasons and win a National Championship! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
More than anything I think he has great timing. He came in at the right time and left at the right time.

Exactly. I'll admit he seems like a good coach, but his timing at Vanderbilt was beyond impeccable. If he does similar things at Penn State, maybe we can call him great. So far, the man has better timing than a Peyton Manning pass.

All those Bobby Johnson-recruited seniors are gone and Derek Mason is having to clean up the mess. It looks like his broom is too small.

I love to bag on vandy as much as the next guy but we do need to keep this in perspective. It was the first game of the season. There are a lot of unknowns for everybody. Tennessee has not taken a snap this season and a couple of bad breaks and we might have issues in our opener and with out recent history, I would prefer to keep karma on our side for a little while. having said that, I don't think there is any way we get embarrassed like vandy did.

Exactly. I'll admit he seems like a good coach, but his timing at Vanderbilt was beyond impeccable. If he does similar things at Penn State, maybe we can call him great. So far, the man has better timing than a Peyton Manning pass.

All those Bobby Johnson-recruited seniors are gone and Derek Mason is having to clean up the mess. It looks like his broom is too small.

They also had a train wreak with their recruiting last year....Couple that they SR's they lost and finally the 8 2 stars they have committed.. Things are looking up on West End

If anything, it shows me what a great coach Franklin is.....that just can't be denied.

The jury is still out on him......injuries to uga and uf make him look like a better coach. We made him look like a better coach. They beat wake Forrest by 2...yes it's a win...but by 2 to WF. He can recruit....and he inherits Christian hackenberg....so we will see.

They also had a train wreak with their recruiting last year....Couple that they SR's they lost and finally the 8 2 stars they have committed.. Things are looking up on West End

Things are definitely looking down...anchored down even. :whistling:

The jury is still out on him......injuries to uga and uf make him look like a better coach. We made him look like a better coach. They beat wake Forrest by 2...yes it's a win...but by 2 to WF. He can recruit....and he inherits Christian hackenberg....so we will see.

I bet he wins the Big 10 within 3 years.

VN Store

Back