LMAO at... [SECN "experts" being wrong]

I bet he wins the Big 10 within 3 years.

could, but Urban Cryer may have the big 10 locked down. PSU is not exactly a fan favorite anymore either. I actually made the mistake of reading the grand jury findings in the Sandusky case a few years ago...I hope they ALL rot up there because they ALL knew what was going on. Sick stuff.

Reactions: 3 people
The talk of Vandy shouldn't be about how bad their QB play is but how bad Mason was. We thought we had it bad with Dooley, that guy had his KY loss as his opener. Their only bright spot is it can't get worse for them they already lost the most embarrassing way they could have.

Mason's loss to Temple was significantly worse than Dooley's loss to KY imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Mason's loss to Temple was significantly worse than Dooley's loss to KY imo.

100%.

We lost to Kentucky because Dooley couldn't get the players going.

Vanderbilt got absolutely demolished by a Big East leftover/bottom dweller that went 2-10 last year. Absolutely shameful.

Not a Clay Travis fan, but his tweet is pretty funny: "Congratulations Vandy on a being successful in football for 3 years...& welcome back to sucking!"

Reactions: 5 people
100%.

We lost to Kentucky because Dooley couldn't get the players going.

Vanderbilt got absolutely demolished by a Big East leftover/bottom dweller that went 2-10 last year. Absolutely shameful.

Horrible loss for vandy losing to Temple at home is one thing but losing 37-7 shows that the players and coaches are totally lost. They are in for a long year.

Is it really difficult?
This isn't last year. Franklin is gone and Vandys peak in their college football history, which occured at our worst time, is in the mirror.

This. With THE toughest schedule in the nation every year, it would be nice to have one less quality team to compete with. People can say what they want about needing to "beat the best to be the best", but the fact is, if we had an easier schedule, we wouldn't have missed out on bowl games and the all-important extra month of practicing.

This. With THE toughest schedule in the nation every year, it would be nice to have one less quality team to compete with. People can say what they want about needing to "beat the best to be the best", but the fact is, if we had an easier schedule, we wouldn't have missed out on bowl games and the all-important extra month of practicing.

The extra practice didn't seem to help Vanderbilt.

I bet he wins the Big 10 within 3 years.

Maybe he will...but that's why the jury is still out with him...and that is why I said, and I quote, "He can recruit....and he inherits Christian hackenberg....so we will see."

Maybe this year....Braxton miller out...osu maybe a little bit out of the big picture. Who knows!

A&M is for real. Sumlin is for real. I'll eat crow on that deal I thought for sure he was at least getting some good luck with Manziel but they looked damn strong for an opener. Their D may still be vulnerable but it's improved which is a damn scary proposition. They are the OR of the SEC now.

You actually make a good point. Both Oregon and Texas A&M are perceived as being giant killers, but both actually tend to be incredibly stable performers in relation to their talent. Talent averages predicted a win for A&M last night. A&M, per talent, should go about 5-3 in the SEC west. Since their arrival in the SEC, these numbers have been about right, regardless of the volume of the pundits who would tell you how amazing A&M is. Here is a list of all SEC teams and their predictions using talent averages.

https://docs.google.com/a/mybloodis...WkFralNPVTE1VG5xa0Ffak5OMmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Here is another interesting point about talent averages. Vanderbilt is an incredibly unstable performer in relation to talent. Over the past few years they have won several games a season more than talent would predict, and now have lost a game that talent says they should have won. They are in the minority, however.

Last I checked Vandy beat UT the last two years. I'm trying to understand the euphoria of having the team that beat you only two games ago get slaughtered by a doormat?

Euphoria? Hardly. Laughing ridicule? That's more like it.

Franklin was a good coach and caught a break with some good players. That just happened to coincide with a historic low for UT.

It appears that you are once again who you have always been... a doormat for doormats. Hopefully UT will begin to be who they have been... one of the top programs in CFB.

You actually make a good point. Both Oregon and Texas A&M are perceived as being giant killers, but both actually tend to be incredibly stable performers in relation to their talent. Talent averages predicted a win for A&M last night. A&M, per talent, should go about 5-3 in the SEC west. Since their arrival in the SEC, these numbers have been about right, regardless of the volume of the pundits who would tell you how amazing A&M is. Here is a list of all SEC teams and their predictions using talent averages.

https://docs.google.com/a/mybloodis...WkFralNPVTE1VG5xa0Ffak5OMmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Here is another interesting point about talent averages. Vanderbilt is an incredibly unstable performer in relation to talent. Over the past few years they have won several games a season more than talent would predict, and now have lost a game that talent says they should have won. They are in the minority, however.

I was referring less to their giant killer status and more to their offensive output and effective scheme. That their defense looks improved this year and their recruiting has been strong bodes well for them. IMO they are the team most poised to challenge the perennials for the west.

could, but Urban Cryer may have the big 10 locked down. PSU is not exactly a fan favorite anymore either. I actually made the mistake of reading the grand jury findings in the Sandusky case a few years ago...I hope they ALL rot up there because they ALL knew what was going on. Sick stuff.

A key point about a grand jury: the prosecutor can do or say almost anything in those things and much "evidence" that would never be legitimate enough to find its way into a trial gets thrown around. Also note that the defendant typically does not get to cross-examine or put on their case. Grand Jury's are basically a prosecutorial rubber stamp. The only time that I find a grand jury's findings interesting are the few times that they fail to indict someone.

That being said, what went on up there is a travesty of the first order. I just wouldn't give too much weight to anything a grand jury does.

I was referring less to their giant killer status and more to their offensive output and effective scheme. That their defense looks improved this year and their recruiting has been strong bodes well for them. IMO they are the team most poised to challenge the perennials for the west.

They still have several years of recruiting before they will consistently have more talented teams than the top 3 in the west and the top 3 in the east (no SCAR is not a top 3 SEC east team, they have just benefited recently from UT and UF teams, among others, who aren't performing to their talent).

But...A&M is now THE Texas team, and it is only a matter of time. Personally, I think bringing A&M into the SEC was a terrible decision due to that very thing. They have singular access to cherry pick a treasure trove of talent. They could make what Florida has done since 1990 look trivial. Contrary to the argument that many make about A&M's addition benefiting recruiting for the rest of the SEC, most recruits do not tend to go to a school that is more than a 4-6 hour drive from home. That means that Texas players are, generally, too remote to benefit the majority of other SEC teams thus keeping their prime recruiting grounds pristine.

They still have several years of recruiting before they will consistently have more talented teams than the top 3 in the west and the top 3 in the east (no SCAR is not a top 3 SEC east team, they have just benefited recently from UT and UF teams, among others, who aren't performing to their talent).

But...A&M is now THE Texas team, and it is only a matter of time. Personally, I think bringing A&M into the SEC was a terrible decision due to that very thing. They have singular access to cherry pick a treasure trove of talent. They could make what Florida has done since 1990 look trivial. Contrary to the argument that many make about A&M's addition benefiting recruiting for the rest of the SEC, most recruits do not tend to go to a school that is more than a 4-6 hour drive from home. That means that Texas players are, generally, too remote to benefit the majority of other SEC teams thus keeping their prime recruiting grounds pristine.

We agree. That they have a good coach who like it or not is a minority ain't a bad deal either for them on the recruiting trail, imo. Skill guys love offense too. They look poised to make some noise in the coming years.

We agree. That they have a good coach who like it or not is a minority ain't a bad deal either for them on the recruiting trail, imo. Skill guys love offense too. They look poised to make some noise in the coming years.

Good points. The only question will be how long Sumlin stays. I would personally be surprised if he is there in three years.

A key point about a grand jury: the prosecutor can do or say almost anything in those things and much "evidence" that would never be legitimate enough to find its way into a trial gets thrown around. Also note that the defendant typically does not get to cross-examine or put on their case. Grand Jury's are basically a prosecutorial rubber stamp. The only time that I find a grand jury's findings interesting are the few times that they fail to indict someone.

That being said, what went on up there is a travesty of the first order. I just wouldn't give too much weight to anything a grand jury does.

Good to know, since the report made the whole place seem like they knew...

Candy had a few really good players last year. Team rallied behind them. I despised their friggin coach. Regardless he got his players mentally ready to play. Now he's at Penn State. He is a good coach give him that much credit. Butch doesn't need to let up on the throttle. Don't beat em best the hell out of em. So they will remember their ass whoop in and fear once again the big orange.

SEC anchors eating crow about how wrong they were about the games tonight.

Can't wait until Sunday around 10pm listening to them eating crow about how they overlooked Tennessee.

GBO!!

Andy Staples is the dumbass that I'm gonna tweet at first....had us 4-8 and finishing last in the East. Like I said.....dumbass.

Last night, Spurrier looked a lot like Fulmer did toward the end. UGA's gotta like their chances.

I hope Worley isn't like Dylan Thompson. (Wish he could be Kenny Hill.)

Last night, Spurrier looked a lot like Fulmer did toward the end. UGA's gotta like their chances.

I hope Worley isn't like Dylan Thompson. (Wish he could be Kenny Hill.)

Hey!...Texas high school QBs?...DORMADY!!!

VN Store

Back