Marquez North let go in LA

Someone who dedicates their whole life to a sport. Despite the constant injury issues and setbacks gets a chance at the league and gets injured again. Played for your university that you love. And you bash him.

Only redneck vol fans.

Reactions: 3 people
Some of you are pathetic. Acting like he is terrible because he is injury prone. You are salty because he left to try and make it in the NFL. He could have been a great player here but injuries hurt his abilities and it seems like he can't catch a break in the NFL.

Don't recall anyone saying he was terrible. We saw glimpses of what he could've been.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel for the guy. Never thought he was coached properly, and he was dealt a very crappy hand with that lingering back injury, etc. I think his main problem was that he never had any sort of moves to make anyone miss. He had two great catches his freshman year, but that was it. Never could find a highlight of him going extra yards by making someone miss. Great hands, not great feet.

don't think it would have helped. He had given up on this staff and program and they had given up on him. Gotta want to play

I remember the image very explicitly because it happened right in front of me. In the Florida game in Marquez's sophomore season (the one we lost 10-9), he got speared with a Florida defenders helmet directly in the center of his back. I literally thought his spine must have snapped in half. He missed an extended period after that (maybe the rest of/most of that season? Can't recall.)

He was never the same after that hit.

Some of you are pathetic. Acting like he is terrible because he is injury prone. You are salty because he left to try and make it in the NFL. He could have been a great player here but injuries hurt his abilities and it seems like he can't catch a break in the NFL.

Him being cut is proof he should not have gone

I'm pretty sure he was let go because the Ram's aren't going to be passing that much and WR's are pretty much stacked anyways with the rookies they got.

I think he would've had a better chance with the Colts. Even though they got rookies too, the depth is terrible.

I'm not sure if he even played in any of LA's preseason games. I know he didn't catch any passes or touch the ball. He either has some lingering injury issue--which is what his release seems to suggest--or he's just not all that good. I think his (lack of) speed was an issue with him all along.

I just think that they didn't really want to play around with WR's that much. Fisher is going to protect his QB and that means lots of running. So the WR's they have won't get much action anyways.

I'm not sure if he even played in any of LA's preseason games. I know he didn't catch any passes or touch the ball. He either has some lingering injury issue--which is what his release seems to suggest--or he's just not all that good. I think his (lack of) speed was an issue with him all along.

4.48 isn't too shabby. Clocked by one scout at 4.39

Mods merge if already a thread. I looked but didn't see one.

Can't say I'm surprised. Looks like he hasn't played this preseason due to an "undisclosed" injury. I was rooting for him.

Marquez North: Waived by Rams Monday - CBSSports.com

Really is a shame and I hate it for him. We saw glimpses of what he could do. He really needed to stay but would have loved to see how good he could have been if he stayed healthy. Hopefully he gets better and someone else gives him a shot.

I just think that they didn't really want to play around with WR's that much. Fisher is going to protect his QB and that means lots of running. So the WR's they have won't get much action anyways.

I think once Goff takes over as starter,whenever that is they will throw the ball more so not to overuse Todd Hurley. Plus Goff can sling the ball and they gotta utilize his passing ability.

Definitely would be my guess and let's face it the receivers aren't gonna get the touch's they want with Dobb's at QB and as many receivers as they rotate in and out. Not to mention they ask the receivers to do a lot of blocking but don't get rewarded enough with all the blocking that's asked of them. Think that changes next year with Dormady or JG. I would expect to see the receivers catches and yards go up significantly and become much more involved with the offense. If Dobb's can get the receivers the ball more our offense will become much more potent and harder to defend. Would love to see Butch replace CZA in the off season and replace him with a coach that is better at developing his receivers..But doubt that happens unfortunately.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure he was let go because the Ram's aren't going to be passing that much and WR's are pretty much stacked anyways with the rookies they got.

I think he would've had a better chance with the Colts. Even though they got rookies too, the depth is terrible.

I don't think you draft a QB like Goff if you don't plan on using his passing ability. Seems like a complete waste. They may not throw it around as much with Keenum starting but once Goff is ready I think they throw it around a lot more and that helps free up more room for Gurley too.

Lots of salt in this thread. If they like him enough to keep him on IR then they obviously see something in him. Hate the way North left the program but there is no question the dude has immense talent. What he did as a true freshman was unforgettable. No reason to knock the guy for choosing the $ especially since he was clearly not happy here.

I still don't think he deserves the critiscm he gets from some of ya'll. We may have had high expectations for him that he didn't quite meet but it doesn't mean it was wrong for him to try a shot at the NFL. He dedicated his time and life to play for the University of Tennessee. He was a huge reason we ended up beating #9 South Carolina in 2013 if he hadn't had made that spectacular catch. College may not have worked out but he can still have a great future outside of football if the NFL isn't for him. Good luck to the kid.

Reactions: 4 people
If NFL scouts weren't predicting him to be a 1st - 3rd round pick he shouldn't have left. If he didn't think he could compete at TN anymore I don't know how he thought he could beat out NFL receivers.

Reactions: 2 people
If NFL scouts weren't predicting him to be a 1st - 3rd round pick he shouldn't have left. If he didn't think he could compete at TN anymore I don't know how he thought he could beat out NFL receivers.

I doubt that was the reason he left. It was $$$$$$$

VN Store

Back