Marquez North let go in LA

I hope no potential UT WR recruits read your post! You're basically saying, don't go to UT (If you're a WR) unless you want to block.

That wasn't even close to what I said.With Dobb's being the QB our WR's aren't thrown to anywhere near as much as they would be if JG or Dormady were the starting QB. They were talking about Dobb's today on SEC now and last season on passes 20 yards or more he was 2 for 16 passing which comes out to a completion percentage of 12%..Which not only shows his struggles with accuracy on intermediate to deep passes but also the lack of trust Debord has to even call deeper pass plays. Which is probably why the receivers are asked to block as much as they do to free up more room for Josh to take off and get yards that way. But I assure you my posts aren't what will have a WR recruit thinking long and hard about playing in this offense all they would have to do is watch replays of the game or game film. Just like next season the receivers will be much more involved in the passing game and not have more reps as a blocker than a pass catcher. Passing is much more of a strength in JG and Dormady than it has been with Dobb's. I would expect WR production to increase significantly next season and there to be plenty of passes to go around to keep the receivers happy. I fully expect the WR's skills to be utilized and showcased the way they should be and there to be passing numbers like we haven't seen since Bray,Hunter and Patterson were here. Our offense has yet to be used the way it was meant to be but Worley didn't have the mobility or arm strength to make all the passes and Dobb's has plenty of mobility but not the passing strength the ideal QB should have. But by all indications if Debord could create an ideal clone, then JG would fit the mold as perfectly as you will ever find. He has the mobility,he has the size and also has plenty of arm strength. I would be more than willing to bet that the stats that JG and the receivers could potentially put up next season will be something that hasn't been seen in quite a while in K-Town. Hopefully the lights finally come on for Dobb's that have been slowing his devdevelop and now he is completely ready to become a complete QB and is about to own the SEC East and the rest of the SEC..GBO

Understand your point. And Hamilton is a good example of what you're talking about.

Still, I'm saying that North pretty much entered into a contract with the University, his coaches and his teammates. And if what Larry says is true, he pretty much just quit on all of the above.

I would think of it were just a lack of desire to play football then he would've just stepped away and not even returned for his Junior year. Instead, he stayed on the team while evidently giving minimal effort and refusing to play on gameday for a large portion of the season despite being healthy enough to play. Seems to me he did all this to keep himself viable for the NFL so he could have the opportunity to continue his career and make money doing it. That doesn't necessarily sound like a guy who no longer had a love of the game IMO.....it sounds like a guy who just no longer wanted to play for his current coaches and team while taking advantage of the resources available to him so he could prepare for the draft/combine.

No matter how you slice it, even if he lost his "love of the game", you just can't quit like he did. And quitting and not manning up and honoring your commitment, even if you don't want to anymore, shows a lack of character IMHO.

You make some valid points. I can't deny that. Happens all the time though.

VN Store

Back