Marquez North let go in LA

Not sure. It's not like UT has a high powered passing attack to show off his talents

Injuries to North, Smith and Williams and Pearson being suspended all spring and summer had nothing to do with that. After all, we're talking about missing practice, not games, practice.

Injuries to North, Smith and Williams and Pearson being suspended all spring and summer had nothing to do with that. After all, we're talking about missing practice, not games, practice.

We talkin' bout practice?

He really showed them off in LA I guess. Where's he going to show them off next?

Hell he never stayed healthy enough in Knoxville or LA to even try and show it off. Just one of those players that can't ever seem to stay healthy.

I'm curious as well... Larry, do you mean that he gave up because he didn't think they were developing him well?

he was not all that hurt last year. just didn't want to get out there. coaches tend to not push players that fail to push themselves, after a period of time. feelings were just mutual toward each other.

Reactions: 3 people
All these South jokes? he was out west in LA. Do you guys have inside scoop he is headed to Miami?

When he made that crazy tip toe catch in the endzone vs Georgia in 2013 I thought "Wow! That guy is going to be a first round pick someday". Ugh, shame.

Weird. When he made that catch I thought "cool photo" and "I remember the South Carolina catch" and "that's all he's really done"

I still don't think he deserves the critiscm he gets from some of ya'll. We may have had high expectations for him that he didn't quite meet but it doesn't mean it was wrong for him to try a shot at the NFL. He dedicated his time and life to play for the University of Tennessee. He was a huge reason we ended up beating #9 South Carolina in 2013 if he hadn't had made that spectacular catch. College may not have worked out but he can still have a great future outside of football if the NFL isn't for him. Good luck to the kid.

I agree to all, and yup, he was a major contributor to Spurrier's decline. For that alone people around here should hold him in higher regard.

Reactions: 2 people
he was not all that hurt last year. just didn't want to get out there. coaches tend to not push players that fail to push themselves, after a period of time. feelings were just mutual toward each other.

Wow. Didn't realize North had those character issues. I would wonder why we'd get good reports through the week about his health and how he was practicing only to hear later reports about North warming up but then saying he couldn't go on gamedays. Kinda bizarre. Glad he went ahead and moved on.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. Didn't realize North had those character issues. I would wonder why we'd get good reports through the week about his health and how he was practicing only to hear later reports about North warming up but then saying he couldn't go on gamedays. Kinda bizarre. Glad he went ahead and moved on.

I'm sure he was probably frustrated by the lack of pass attempts the receivers got when they were on the field and at that time not having a clue on where Dobb's passes were going to end up. Even on the majority of Josh's completion's the receivers are having to jump,lay out,stop in the middle of the route to reach behind them or having to lay out to have a shot at making the completion.Not to mention the receiver's are asked to do a lot of blocking and in most cases weren't rewarded by getting a chance to catch some passes or score TD's. Truth be told I could see where receivers got frustrated and weren't always motivated. Just like Running Backs want to tote the rock, Receivers want to catch passes and score TD's.They deserve to when they are asked to block as much as they do. I can't imagine how frustrated the receivers get and how excited they must get knowing JG and/or Dormady will be throwing the ball to them next season.

Reactions: 3 people
he needed to stay another year and try to develop more. He was not ready for the NFL. I think if he had another year at UT, it would have put him in a better opportunity to be drafted. Good luck in the CFL.

Another year to develop his WR blocking skills? No way. He took a gamble with what he probably felt was his only shot with injury history & UT passing scheme.

This memory will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you Mr. North! #VFL

Attachments

• north.jpg
    north.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 7 people
attachment.php

When he made that crazy tip toe catch in the endzone vs Georgia in 2013 I thought "Wow! That guy is going to be a first round pick someday". Ugh, shame.

That has to be one of the best NCAA FB sports photos I've ever seen

It almost all other situations, I agree with how salty fans get and make ridiculous callus comments about players. However, in this situation I think there is actually merit. He basically left his teammates out to dry but claiming 'injuries' that were not serious enough to keep him out of games. He just simply threw himself a pity party and said "I don't like my coaches and my team so I will take my blanket and go sit on the sidelines." It's pathetic.

I was about to say yesterday that something seemed off about North and his situation...that there were issues beyond various injuries. The fact that he left after not playing all last year was telling, as it is a completely dumb thing to do unless you are legit, bona fide NFL talent. I think we're alluding to potential attitude issues, but the guy is a bit of a mystery.

VN Store

Back