Matt Stinchcomb ranks the Top 10 SEC RB's

i've said this before, but in the end, i think there are probably a 1/2 dozen SEC teams that should feel pretty darn good about their own RB situations...TN, GA, Bama, ARK, MO, LSU all included.....

i honestly don't care where Hurd or Kamar ranks in the end, what i do care about is are they effective runners when called upon. are they able to run the ball effectively enough to open up other things for the offense.

if in the end, the answer to that question is yes, then i couldn't care less where they rank individually. it's how effective you are in the scheme of your offense that matters.

I'm sorry, but Hurd is just not as good as Chubb yet. He could continue to improve and Chubb could stagnate, but right now it's dumb to suggest otherwise. On the other hand, he also isn't #8. How is he just barely better than Ralph Webb? I'm sorry but that Vandy running back only gets attention because they rotated between 4 different QB's none of which could accurately throw the ball. They had to rely on him which padded his stats.

Hurd will have a big chance to break out this year. I think he is 3 or 4 spots better than where they have him ranked, but it's understandable as to why he is ranked there. I'm thinking by the end of the season (or maybe mid-season) analysts and fans will realize Hurd is no joke. I fully expect to see Hurd break through tackles as aggressively as he was in the Iowa game. He was mowing people over.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The main reason Chubb looked as good as he did last year was UGA's OL! Ours was at the bottom of not only the conference, but among the very worst IN THE NCAA. It was abysmal for most of the season.

I just saw Stinchcomb pick UGA as having the SEC's best OL this year. Of course he's a homer and that had a lot to do with it, but let's face it....they blew a LOT of holes open for Gurley and Chubb, and I think you could see our DL get worn down last year, in that UGA game. It explains how we held Gurley for fewer yards in the first half than Hurd had.

But, their OL size and experience took it's toll on a smallish group of DT's. We didn't have a single guy over 300lbs. If you played Hurd behind that UGA OL, he would have had a bigger year than Chubb.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The main reason Chubb looked as good as he did last year was UGA's OL! Ours was at the bottom of not only the conference, but among the very worst IN THE NCAA. It was abysmal for most of the season.

I just saw Stinchcomb pick UGA as having the SEC's best OL this year. Of course he's a homer and that had a lot to do with it, but let's face it....they blew a LOT of holes open for Gurley and Chubb, and I think you could see our DL get worn down last year, in that UGA game. It explains how we held Gurley for fewer yards in the first half than Hurd had.

But, their OL size and experience took it's toll on a smallish group of DT's. We didn't have a single guy over 300lbs. If you played Hurd behind that UGA OL, he would have had a bigger year than Chubb.

Do you have an excuse in mind for this season?

It's okay to admit the Chubb is a better back than Hurd. It's not saying Hurd is bad, just that there is someone who is better than him. This isn't fantasy football so as long as UT is better than UGA, who has the better RB doesn't matter.

Now if Hurd wants to be considered the better back then he needs to blow up this year. Stop letting people catch you from behind. Get faster, get stronger, make better reads, knock blitzers out, have a nose for the end zone, demand the ball then make plays when you have it. Put up huge games against our top opponents. When UT plays UGA if Chubb gets 150 then you need 175. Make the O-line want to block for you. Put some guys on their @$$ when you get the ball so you're on Sportscenter top 10 every weekend. Stay healthy, be a model citizen and student, sign as many autographs for fans as you can, give as many interviews as you can. If he does all this stuff then ESPN, sports writers, fans, and NFL teams will consider him the better back.

&lt;b&gt;I'm sorry, but you're wrong.&lt;/b&gt; The main reason Chubb looked as good as he did last year was UGA's OL! Ours was at the bottom of not only the conference, but among the very worst IN THE NCAA. It was abysmal for most of the season.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I just saw Stinchcomb pick UGA as having the SEC's best OL this year. Of course he's a homer and that had a lot to do with it, but let's face it....they blew a LOT of holes open for Gurley and Chubb, and I think you could see our DL get worn down last year, in that UGA game. It explains how we held Gurley for fewer yards in the first half than Hurd had. &lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Their O Line was better than UT's no doubt, but do you really think Hurd was better than Chubb last year? Chubb broke so many tackles and made it look easy.

lol. I wish.

I am going to try to watch like every SEC game this year. One for fun and for two so next year I will know if these preseason lists are accurate.

Last edited:
lol. I wish.

I am going to try to watch like every SEC game this year. One for fun and for two so next year I will know if these preseason lists are accurate.

I was just trying to show my UT friends the difference in a really good player and a stud.

VN Store

Back