Maurer doubtful for Saturday

You like many others should give the pregame speech Sat. Jennings would love for you to say he's been working hard all for nothing, he'll probably drop balls on purpose just to make you happy.
Wait a second...is this sarcasm? Message boards were not created for you to make fun of people...right?

You're such a f'n hypocrite.

I'd typically say that in spite of JG's flaws, he probably gives us a better shot, but at this point, it feels like he's lost his confidence entirely.

Hate to say it, but it's going to be very difficult to pull out a "W" without Maurer. That said, the way our O-line handled their business the past few weeks, we might be able to get away with a run-heavy gameplan and keep things simple for Shrout.
Doubt this. USC’s front 7 gave Georgia and Florida fits. No reason to think we will be any different. We may be lucky to score 10 on USC. That is the reason they are probably 4 point favorites.

man hope Maurer is ok... if he's going to Vandy medical center they are really looking into something

could also be just to be 100% sure he is ok and be able to play saturday too though... time will tell. what pruitt said still leaves the door open (pending how the rest of the week of the results from today goes)

Reactions: 1vol8
A couple things Pruitt said in regards to getting ready for SC:

“We’re giving both the same amount of reps,” Pruitt said. “We’re down to two (scholarship) quarterbacks for probably this week, and J.T.’s not taking as many reps in the last couple of weeks. Both of them are taking the same amount of reps. Obviously Jarrett has way more experience and has taken more reps in the offense over the last seven, eight weeks, so catching J.T. up, getting him locked in, doing some things that he’s comfortable with is important for our staff and important for him.”

“J.T.’s a guy that has a really good arm, very good competitor,” Pruitt said. “He’s a guy that is growing into the position. Every practice we’ve ever had, he makes lots of explosive plays, because he’s got really good arm talent. He comes from a high school where it was more of a kind of a throw it 50, 60 times a game (offense), and that’s not exactly what we’re doing, so there’s things from getting under center and changing some plays at the line of scrimmage, controlling the protection and things like that that he’s learning.

“He’s a smart guy, and he’s going to continue to improve at practice. The guy’s never flinched this whole year. He just keeps going to work, and he understands the areas that he needs to work on and improve as a player, which is going to enable him to have a chance to be a really good player one day.”

Get him healthy and ready. SC was always a toss up game but w/a healthy Maurer we have a chance to win the rest!

Shrout has no control over his passes and JG is a turnover waiting to happen. Really sad that this is all we have but hopefully one of them will find a way to win this game.

We saw JG defeat AU and UK last season, and he was crucial at crunch time against MSU 2 weeks ago, so he is capable. We just have to hope the right JG shows up to play...assuming he plays. And since I doubt JT is going to be effective, I expect to see a lot of JG this Saturday.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
man hope Maurer is ok... if he's going to Vandy medical center they are really looking into something

could also be just to be 100% sure he is ok and be able to play saturday too though... time will tell. what pruitt said still leaves the door open (pending how the rest of the week of the results from today goes)

Not necessarily. UT partners with Vanderbilt as their concussion partner. It could be part of the process.

We didn't beat them with JG. JG did just enough not to lose the game when he had to come in. Come on now
Yeah, I forgot we were talking about JG. Discrediting everything he does seems to be popular by a certain type of people around here.

Wait a second...is this sarcasm? Message boards were not created for you to make fun of people...right?

You're such a f'n hypocrite.
He’s eating this s*** up because he doesn’t want Maurer as our qb. In his mind JG is better and HB comes in and takes over. He sees Maurer as a threat to his prediction. As he should.

Looks like a win is doubtful too if he doesn't play.

And if JG starts and plays the whole game it's a guaranteed loss.

Such a shame. Wish he'd just roll with Shrout. Especially after last weekend. JG should never receive playing time again here after what he pulled last week. Just my opinion

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He’s eating this s*** up because he doesn’t want Maurer as our qb. In his mind JG is better and HB comes in and takes over. He sees Maurer as a threat to his prediction. As he should.
I know. I corrected him in a thread about JG yesterday. Since I used facts he vanished. He then found a joke a made about JG's degree being in psychology and started in on me with his insult barrage. It's his MO to pick fights and insult everyone. I didn't know until I read his post history. Now I just feel sorry for him.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan

VN Store

Back