Maurer doubtful for Saturday

Gonna be a frog strangling, Gamecock drowning, Saturday afternoon. Plan on a full back, hard nosed, short passes, kinda game. Let Maurer recover. Blitz all afternoon and pick about five sixes. Go Vols! Might be a great game to let Jennings run the option.

From the article I read this morning this is actually standard for UTs concussion procedure. Better to be too safe than not safe enough.

Not questioning but if this is standard ,where the others protocol that didn't come up to the concussion standards? Since as far as I know this is BM's first trip to Vanderbilt or did I miss the last one.

Not questioning but if this is standard ,where the others protocol that didn't come up to the concussion standards? Since as far as I know this is BM's first trip to Vanderbilt or did I miss the last one.
You only know Brian is there because he put it on social media. Doesn't mean others don't go too.

I’ll see if I can find it again and post it but just in case I’ll explain what I read and interpreted

-Vandy and UT are partners in concussion procedure

- evidently Vanderbilts specializes in head injuries where UT does not (every hospital has what they are best known for)

- Brian went to see a Neurologist for tests that are not available at UT. * side note- going to Vanderbilt is one of the last steps before being cleared after a confirmed concussion but don’t read too deep into that. He won’t be cleared for SC maybe even UAB imo.

That’s the synopsis of it.

Personally answering your question a concussion was never confirmed at any point until POSSIBLY after the Alabama game. To my knowledge it still has yet to be determined at any point which I’m sure prompted the Vandy visit today. This is a “better safe than sorry” visit but the doc may hold him out for a week or 2.

Yeah, I forgot we were talking about JG. Discrediting everything he does seems to be popular by a certain type of people around here.
No, he gets credit for what he does. Though the credit isn't positive because he rarely does anything good. No need to pussyfoot, I'm going to call it what it is.

No, he gets credit for what he does. Though the credit isn't positive because he rarely does anything good. No need to pussyfoot, I'm going to call it what it is.
The guy didn't give JG any credit for his play vs Miss St, did exactly the opposite and that's why the reply was what it was. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we have struggled at the QB position this season just gets old when some only see the bad in a person every single debate.

The guy didn't give JG any credit for his play vs Miss St, did exactly the opposite and that's why the reply was what it was. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we have struggled at the QB position this season just gets old when some only see the bad in a person every single debate.
You mean like you do with Maurer? You’re right.... it does get old. Especially when it’s not true.

Ps* I support JG as well.

Reactions: hohenfelsvol
I’ll see if I can find it again and post it but just in case I’ll explain what I read and interpreted

-Vandy and UT are partners in concussion procedure

- evidently Vanderbilts specializes in head injuries where UT does not (every hospital has what they are best known for)

- Brian went to see a Neurologist for tests that are not available at UT. * side note- going to Vanderbilt is one of the last steps before being cleared after a confirmed concussion but don’t read too deep into that. He won’t be cleared for SC maybe even UAB imo.

That’s the synopsis of it.

Personally answering your question a concussion was never confirmed at any point until POSSIBLY after the Alabama game. To my knowledge it still has yet to be determined at any point which I’m sure prompted the Vandy visit today. This is a “better safe than sorry” visit but the doc may hold him out for a week or 2.
Correct me if I am wrong, but do neck injuries not fall under concussion protocol as well?

Correct me if I am wrong, but do neck injuries not fall under concussion protocol as well?
Ehhhhh. I’m not sure on that one. They absolutely could imo though because there’s not many direct neck injuries that don’t through the head first. I think I know what you’re saying and if so I agree. I think the MSU game he was dealing with a stinger. He immediately grabbed his neck after the fall and that’s not a very “concussion” type of reaction. Which would mean, along with passing protocol, that he never had a concussion. But the Alabama hit could have easily given him one. I still think the crown of the helmet hit Maurer in the ear hole but even if not the way he hit Darnell Wrights leg could’ve done it too. If he were dealing with a stinger from the week before the way DW fell over him could have easily re injured that as well. So I see 2 different possibilities if not both.

Ehhhhh. I’m not sure on that one. They absolutely could imo though because there’s not many direct neck injuries that don’t through the head first. I think I know what you’re saying and if so I agree. I think the MSU game he was dealing with a stinger. He immediately grabbed his neck after the fall and that’s not a very “concussion” type of reaction. Which would mean, along with passing protocol, that he never had a concussion. But the Alabama hit could have easily given him one. I still think the crown of the helmet hit Maurer in the ear hole but even if not the way he hit Darnell Wrights leg could’ve done it too. If he were dealing with a stinger from the week before the way DW fell over him could have easily re injured that as well. So I see 2 different possibilities if not both.
Yes sir, that's exactly what I was getting at. After the MSU injury when he got up he was talking trash to the opposing player walking back to the huddle. He never acted confused at all, and the adrenaline probably lessened the neck pain....idk I'm just speculating like the rest of us haha

Reactions: 1vol8 and vollygirl
Can't see good when there isn't any. Guess you want me to manufacture some huh?

giphy.gif

5 Step Plan used by most schools... Looks like Bryan is at step 4.
Step One: Rest and Recovery Once the player-patient is at his baseline level of signs and symptoms and neurological
examination, he may be cleared to proceed to the next step.
Step Two: Light Aerobic Exercise Once the player-patient has demonstrated his ability to engage in cardiovascular exercise
without recurrence of signs or symptoms, he may proceed to the next step.
Step Three: Continued Aerobic Exercise & Introduction of Strength Training Once the player-patient has demonstrated his ability to engage in cardiovascular exercise and supervised strength training without recurrence of signs or symptoms, he may proceed to the next
step.
Step Four: Football Specific Activities If the player-patient is able to tolerate all football specific activity without a recurrence of
signs or symptoms of concussion and his neurocognitive testing has returned to baseline, he may be
moved to the next step in the sequence.
Step Five: Full Football Activity/Clearance After the player-patient has established his ability to participate in non-contact football
activity including team meetings, conditioning and non-contact practice without recurrence of signs
and symptoms and his neurocognitive testing is back to baseline, the Team Physician may clear him
for full football activity involving contact

Just like the JG crew are not around when he stinks it up, which is quite often. Hell, a couple of them haven't posted since Georgia State. Probably have a new name by now.

VN Store

Back