Mel Kiper: Jalen Hurd rated the 3rd best RB prospect in the 2017 Draft

The same chubb that tore his acl? My friend, not everyone comes back from a torn acl like Adrian Peterson. Just know that he may not be the same after you have a knee injury. Id take Hurd over Chubb because of injury factor.

Not to be a know it all, but I'm pretty sure Chubb tore his PCL in addition to "two other ligaments", which were likely his MCL and LCL. But the premise of your statement remains the same. Coming back from significant knee injuries aren't always as easy as some athletic freaks make it look.

Kiper is an idiot. Jalen is too tall for the first round.

I'm really interested to see how tall exactly Hurd measures at the combine. North turned out a lot shorter than we all thought, but it wouldn't surprise me if Hurd was actually a bit taller than he's listed lol

Did you just post a link calling Hurd the 3rd best back, then follow it with your opinion that he will jump 1 of the others?
AND claim that as proof of the draft results?????
Seriously, are you a troll or are you really that obsessed?

I saw your post a few days back in the recruiting forum claiming you were the only person thinking Dobbs 'could' go to the NFL and that the "majority" of VN wants him replaced by a freshmen. (someone finally just called you an f'n liar over there)
I really want to know, are you a liar, trolling for debates or delusional?

Reactions: 1 person
Gentlemen, I would contend that criticisms of Hurd’s speed are largely misplaced. In his first two years, Jalen had a lot of "great" plays that consisted of turning three-yard losses into one-yard gains through fullback-like, tackle-breaking runs. Many of his longest gains occurred only after running parallel to the line of scrimmage and turning upfield as he neared the sideline. Unlike Fournette or Henry, who had the luxury of exploding through massive holes created by outstanding offensive lines, Hurd has rarely had the opportunity to truly demonstrate straight-line, top-end speed. Hopefully that will change this year with continued improvement from our offensive line. If you want a hint of what Hurd is capable of, albeit against high-school talent, take a look at the highlights of the 2012 Class 5A state championship game in which he ran for 394 yards and seven touchdowns (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Z2Gd3ZL90).

Reactions: 4 people
O thought pre injured Chubb was better, but that can all change now. All 3 should be fun to watch.

If Kiper don't rank Joshua as a first round pick and the first QB taken, then he's an idiot.

-D4H

Kiper is apparently very savvy with running back prognostication, but lacks film discipline in the QB department.

Am I the only one that thinks Chubb is just a little overrated? He's coming off a horrific injury and no one knows how he will be. I'm in a wait and see mode with him.

Reactions: 2 people
Hurd needs to get some good blocking before he breaks off the long runs he'll need to get the respect he deserves. Hurd gets hit at the line or behind the line far too much. That has to change. But it is clear to see he is big, fast, can catch & pass protect. There is nothing lacking in his game.

This years RB class might be the best ever. I think 4-5 go in the first round. With Hurd definitely being among them.

So basically you're saying this class will be better than 2008? When 5 RBs went in the first, (McFadden, Felix Jones, Mendenhall, Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart). Its possible but highly unlikely. I love Hurd but what you just will not accept and what has been pointed out to you time after time, is that Hurd lacks that top end gear. Henry has it. McFadden, Gurley, Elliot, Johnson, Stewart, Chubb and Fournett have/had it. Hurd just doesnt. Its no knock on him at all. As a matter of fact, his speed is very impressive given his size. Hurd will have to have a monumental season to go in the 1st round imo. I think he goes late second round. Which is very good.

Am I the only one that thinks Chubb is just a little overrated? He's coming off a horrific injury and no one knows how he will be. I'm in a wait and see mode with him.

I am in wait and see as well but if Chubb comes back even to 80% of what he originally was, that still makes him one of the best RBs in the country. So a little overrated? Not in my opinion.

So basically you're saying this class will be better than 2008? When 5 RBs went in the first, (McFadden, Felix Jones, Mendenhall, Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart). Its possible but highly unlikely. I love Hurd but what you just will not accept and what has been pointed out to you time after time, is that Hurd lacks that top end gear. Henry has it. McFadden, Gurley, Elliot, Johnson, Stewart, Chubb and Fournett have/had it. Hurd just doesnt. Its no knock on him at all. As a matter of fact, his speed is very impressive given his size. Hurd will have to have a monumental season to go in the 1st round imo. I think he goes late second round. Which is very good.

I could be totally wrong, but I do think the lacking a top gear thing is a bit overused. It is true when watching Henry highlights that alot of his long runs were completely untouched. I feel part of that was a great offensive line. Especially in the run game. Another factor being that teams were actually scared of the deep ball with Bama due to Ridley last year and Cooper the year prior. Teams don't have a ton of respect for the UT passing game. Maybe that will change this year with a healthy Preston Williams.

I am in wait and see as well but if Chubb comes back even to 80% of what he originally was, that still makes him one of the best RBs in the country. So a little overrated? Not in my opinion.

Totally agree with that. He's a special back.

Spread offensives don't seem to do a lot for running back's stock. The spread QB tend to get all the attention.

Henry, Fournette, Chubbs, Collins, Williams, received all the attention out of the pro-set. Got to believe the same advantage exist for the running backs in this style of offense this season as well in the SEC.

VN Store

Back