Mel Kiper: Jalen Hurd rated the 3rd best RB prospect in the 2017 Draft

I'm sorry but so many of you are missing the overall point.
Go back and read the op. He was calling out KB over one article.
D4H made a couple of STUPID and outlandish claims in a different thread

KB pointed out all the reasons combined that this wasn't true. Very few backs being taken in the 1st round was just one reason. He never said that it all came down to Hurd. I personally believe Hurd is a beast but the bigger point is still how filled with ignorance the original posts are. 'Best teams in the history of ALL college football'
and we 'will have 3 straight higher drafted classes than we have ever had in history'.
Couple of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.
Any of you on here backing him up or feeding his trolling, I say the same of you.

We'll see soon enough if those statements are riduculous or simply prophetic.

I know talent. And I haven't seen this much elite NFL talent on the same team since the Gators of 2008-09.

Enjoy the journey guys. We're blessed right now.

I know talent. And I haven't seen this much elite NFL talent on the same team since the Gators of 2008-09.

You admitted you've only watched college football for like 15 months. How in the heck would you know anything about the most talented teams in history?

Reactions: 1 person
You admitted you've only watched college football for like 15 months. How in the heck would you know anything about the most talented teams in history?

No. I think you're confused about what I said. I didn't watch Tennessee football closely till the last 15 months. That's not all of college football. I've watched college football as a whole religiously for the last 15 years.

I just don't pay attention to scrub squads. And Tennessee has been a scrub squad till 2015.

No. I've watched college football religiously for the last 15 years.

I just don't pay attention to scrub squads. And Tennessee has been a scrub squad till 2015.

You've watched football for 15 years, and your point of reference for historic levels of talent was late 00s Florida?

It's amazing that no one takes you seriously.

Reactions: 3 people

I am very happy with the progress we have made. I'm also optimistic about our future. You post a lot and 90% of your posts aren't noticeable to me one way or another.Sometimes, I even agree.
It's you're select few -

1. You know talent better than even scouts. Then lying(no ifs, ands or buts) about what others have said.
2. That if we don't outperform even the majority of Bamas greatest years, Jones is a failure, no discussion.
3. Cherry picking in every debate.

AND OF COURSE, THE BIG ONE
4. Anyone who doesn't see Dobbs the exact way you do, is a racist.

#4 is the reason you're lucky I'm not a mod. To me, that is in the top 3 of worst things you can call or imply about someone.
All this after admitting that you are only a fan during good years. Just sad.

Reactions: 3 people
No. I think you're confused about what I said. I didn't watch Tennessee football closely till the last 15 months. That's not all of college football. I've watched college football as a whole religiously for the last 15 years.

:eek:lol:

Speaking of scrubs....

Reactions: 2 people

My question is this.....obviously you aren't a UT fan if you've only watched them closely the last 15 mos. out of the past 15 yrs...

You have zero perspective of how great and consistent this program has been for around 100 yrs, regardless of the last 8-10 yrs....zero!

Are you a family member or bestie of JD? Just curious...

He was frustrated with being gang piled in the backfield last year...think he wasn't?

I thought he seemed pretty frustrated at times, sure. I do think there is zero chance he returns if he has a big year. But I don't know him or claim to know him.

So what team film where you studying during that 15 years?

I thought he seemed pretty frustrated at times, sure. I do think there is zero chance he returns if he has a big year. But I don't know him or claim to know him.

Don't know him either. Have a source who does. Never claimed inside knowledge before...this is rock solid. Young man was fed up. He had shown faith and patience and was rewarded by having to hand fight out of the backfield more than his share of times. If this had been after his freshman season, he might have been included in an attrition thread. The shakeup in the bowl game should diversify the running scheme where they can't key on him out of the spread (yes, the controversial off-set I). Haven't been able to touch base with that source since the bowl, but I have a feeling DeBord has smoothed this over and everyone will be the better for it. Trust the info or disregard...I'm not making it up.

You've watched football for 15 years, and your point of reference for historic levels of talent was late 00s Florida?

It's amazing that no one takes you seriously.

Just look up those rosters. Its littered with guys who made big impacts in the NFL. Folks always like pointing to 2001 Miami or 2004-05 USC teams for talent. But those teams were filled with guys who became NFL busts. Sure there had more guys drafted, but I would argue 2008-09 Florida Gators had more guys start and make huge impacts in the NFL than any team in the last 15 years.

Just check out the personnel:

CB Joe Haden (pro bowl)
CB Janoris Jenkins
FS Major Wright
MLB Brandon Spikes
DE Carlos Dunlap (pro bowl)
WR Percy Harvin (pro bowl)
WR Riley Cooper
WR Louis Murphy
TE Aaron Hernandez (pro bowl)
TE Jordan Reed (pro bowl)
OL Mike Pouncey (pro bowl)
OL Maurkice Pouncey (pro bowl)
OL Marcus Gilbert
QB Tim Tebow
QB Cam Newton (pro bowl)

That's 15 NFL starters and 8 pro bowlers that team produced.

Pretty impressive of you ask me.

Last edited:
I'm going to hibernate until camps start. Ya'll wake me up if the Summer of D4H ends early.

So serious question...

Are you a true Vols fan?

If so, I don't believe it.

If not, will you please stop posting on this board?

I was born in Tennessee. My earliest college football memory was the 98 national title. Don't remember the game but I remember wearing the championship sweater.

However I dont like or support losers. So once the program became a joke around the mid-2000s I stopped caring for it.

Plus I dont think there is anything wrong with appreciating other great teams.

However I dont like or support losers. So once the program became a joke around the mid-2000s I stopped caring for it.

I caught this on my way out the door. I now believe that D4H is Kenny Chesney.

Reactions: 2 people
I was born in Tennessee. My earliest college football memory was the 98 national title. Don't remember the game but I remember wearing the championship sweater.

Disgraceful...

Reactions: 6 people
No. I think you're confused about what I said. I didn't watch Tennessee football closely till the last 15 months. That's not all of college football. I've watched college football as a whole religiously for the last 15 years. I just don't pay attention to scrub squads. And Tennessee has been a scrub squad till 2015.

I'd be surprised if you've been wiping your own ass for the last 15 years

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

So, you're too young to remember the '98 national title, but you're old enough to have developed a supernatural eye for talent beginning in 2001?

Reactions: 7 people

Your last paragraph is one of the reasons why so many of us lifelong Vols fans have a problem with you.

Tennessee is a storied program, one of the greatest college programs in history, one of only 8 or 9 800+ win teams, ever. And here you come with that BS "scrub squad" comment when you literally have no earthly idea what you're talking about.

Fact is, prior to the last downturn from 2008 to 2014, we were on one of the best 20 or so year runs in all of college football. We put players into the NFL at as high a rate as any other collegiate team in the country this side of the Miami Hurricanes. A real Vol fan understands that the Kiffin-Dooley "eras" we're but a brief down period that all great programs like Tennessee go through.

"Scrub squad" my arse. Go find another front-running program with a good black QB to pull for. We've got no need for you here.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back