Need Some Prayers

Bearcat, already including you on my list pal. Let me offer up some encouragement. 20 years ago because of family history with heart conditions at the age of 48 i scheduled myself into Duke's cath lab and was going to have to pay out of pocket for test because I had no symptoms. I said 'go ahead'. After the test the lead Cardio that ran the cath lab came to me and said, "I'm sorry but you cannot go home. You will have OHSurgery tomorrow!" Although not entirely unexpected, it was still a shock, and when i awoke from the OR, they told me that they had been forced to do 5 bypasses!! And I have been symptom free and had a cath every 5 years to check. All vessels open and fully functioning. Of course i began to exercise, lose weight, eat healthy, and taking statins at night. Crestor (Rosuvastatin) has been the charm for me. Don't lose hope and expect to fully live out your life. Im 68 now, swim a mile each day and am retired living all over Asia. Stay focused if you can and plan for success. I am in excellent health now, so I'm told and I wish you the very best. This is a wake up call, not a sentence my friend.

Hey BearCat204, a triple bypass veteran & Vol here. Hang tough, brother! I had my procedure in 2021 & am doing just fine at 76. Yes, it's a scary prospect, but I'm sure you have a great surgeon & other doctors, & the nurses will treat you like a king. Trust in the Lord & you've got a lot of us in your corner, too. Like General Neyland said: "Put on more steam." :cool:

Have had some chest pains recently and was sent to get a heart cath after stress test and all. Got some really bad news of significant blockage of 80%, 80%, and 70%, so they are transferring me over to surgery for an open heart bypass. Scared to death at this, but also scared of what could have happened if I didn’t get it checked. Would appreciate those prayers as I need them. Love you all
Good luck and prayers ! I had 5 open heart bypasses in 2005 and I'm still working 5 days a week now ( telemedicine from home ) and mowing my own 0.27 acre yard with a push mower at 73.

Have had some chest pains recently and was sent to get a heart cath after stress test and all. Got some really bad news of significant blockage of 80%, 80%, and 70%, so they are transferring me over to surgery for an open heart bypass. Scared to death at this, but also scared of what could have happened if I didn’t get it checked. Would appreciate those prayers as I need them. Love you all
Prayers sent BearCat. Hope all goes well! I'm glad it was found before anything tragic happened! Please keep us posted!

Reactions: BearCat204
God bless you Bearcat. Prayers sent your way buddy.

My Dad had bypasses WAY back in the late 70’s and they served him for a few months short of 30 years. Imagine the advancements since then. So solicit all the prayers and best wishes you can get and move forward in faith that positive potentials are out there.

Good luck and God bless.

Bearcat, already including you on my list pal. Let me offer up some encouragement. 20 years ago because of family history with heart conditions at the age of 48 i scheduled myself into Duke's cath lab and was going to have to pay out of pocket for test because I had no symptoms. I said 'go ahead'. After the test the lead Cardio that ran the cath lab came to me and said, "I'm sorry but you cannot go home. You will have OHSurgery tomorrow!" Although not entirely unexpected, it was still a shock, and when i awoke from the OR, they told me that they had been forced to do 5 bypasses!! And I have been symptom free and had a cath every 5 years to check. All vessels open and fully functioning. Of course i began to exercise, lose weight, eat healthy, and taking statins at night. Crestor (Rosuvastatin) has been the charm for me. Don't lose hope and expect to fully live out your life. Im 68 now, swim a mile each day and am retired living all over Asia. Stay focused if you can and plan for success. I am in excellent health now, so I'm told and I wish you the very best. This is a wake up call, not a sentence my friend.
Thank you for this

You’re gonna be good man. You have a lot of years of singing Rocky Top ahead of you!!

You will do well; asking for prayers has demonstrated your faith and so will be answered. Heart surgery is Old Hat anymore. Speedy recovery!

Thank you for this
Sure thing my friend. Kind of you to take time to respond. Lots of energy headed your way from here forward. One way to see it is this: my premonition and your chest pains were a message from above telling us "there is more work you need to do down here". It might be that simple. Keep going forward my friend.

No reason for you or your family to worry about something He has already taken care of for you. He knows the outcome so don’t sweat it. Prayers sent.

Prayers for you brother.

VN Store

Back