Odds on Suburban Meyer

This is so exhausting. Every few years, what about this guy, what about that guy. For all the 'guys', we've gotten Dooley, Butch and now Pruitt. The chances are good we keep JP 3 years too long and then hire Chad Flobee. Who? Exactly
Lol we just love setting our selves up for disappointment. Makes interesting reading though.

Call me short sighted but if I thought digging up Vince Lombardi and propping him up on the sidelines and calling him “Coach” would equivocate to wins....then I have a shovel so if Urb equals wins then sign him the eff up. It’s been a while since self respect and/or principle has mattered due to my battered Vol syndrome

Reactions: lifeisdeep
This is so exhausting. Every few years, what about this guy, what about that guy. For all the 'guys', we've gotten Dooley, Butch and now Pruitt. The chances are good we keep JP 3 years too long and then hire Chad Flobee. Who? Exactly
As much as I agree with that, how reasonable of a statement would it have been if a Bammer said in 2006 "Our last 4 coaches have been Mike Shula, Mike Price (fired before he ever coached a game), Dennis Franchione, and Mike DuBose. What makes you think Nick Saban would ever come here?"

Pruitt isn't leaving after this year. Unfortunate timing. If FSU ends up getting him it'll be just like the Alabama Saban hire, where the coach just falls right into their lap when they need it.

Washed up. Another Chip Kelly to land in LA. FSU and UT too big rebuilding jobs and not enough Goody's headache partner for old Urb.

Washed up. Another Chip Kelly to land in LA. FSU and UT too big rebuilding jobs and not enough Goody's headache partner for old Urb.
FSU is totally different. You recruit mostly your state and youll be a top 15 program and scatter in 1-4 studs a year out of state and top 10.

Isn’t Taggart’s buyout, stupid high? I remember thinking that FSU is stuck with him for a while, regardless of wins and losses. Or until it’s “mysteriously leaked” that he hooked up with a coed...
GBO!!

Lol we just love setting our selves up for disappointment. Makes interesting reading though.
Ha! Vol fans never disappoint, do we? We screamed for Stoops and got Dooley, was certain Gruden was a done deal, end up with Butch, had Les Miles or Mike Leach in the bag, c’mon down Jeremy Pruitt! See where I’m going with this?
GBO!!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
tenor.gif

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
As much as I agree with that, how reasonable of a statement would it have been if a Bammer said in 2006 "Our last 4 coaches have been Mike Shula, Mike Price (fired before he ever coached a game), Dennis Franchione, and Mike DuBose. What makes you think Nick Saban would ever come here?"
I like the positive attitude. And Mike Price! He could have been a beautiful disaster in so many ways... What could have been.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
People are too damn stupid to realize this isn't simply a matter of throwing stupid money at an established coach. Tennessee has to do a few things to stabilize the program before anyone worth a crap is going to come here. Serious question if you have your pick of USC, Tennessee, or FSU and youre not biased what are you choosing if the money is the same? And USC can match anything we offer.

Reactions: Fooseball19
I like the positive attitude. And Mike Price! He could have been a beautiful disaster in so many ways... What could have been.
So what you’re saying is, we just have to fire Pruitt and one more, then we’ll find our Saban?
Sounds reasonable.
GBO!!

USC: 7/2

Tennessee: 5/1

Florida State: 9/1

Nowhere: 3/2

Field: 8/1

I don't know about Pruitt, but "Free Willy" at FSU and Helton at USC are definitely gone by year's end.
FSU can use that money A&M paid for FIshers buyout -- Helton buyout would be small potatoes for USC -- UT on the other hand ...

Not questioning Meyer’s coaching ability but he’s a selfish POS who only looks out for himself.

Only way I could accept him here at Tennessee is if the football program just completely falls to the ground where there’s not many options left.
Ummm.

Some of y’all don’t realize the significance (for our program) if we were lucky enough to land this guy. I didn’t think our own administration understands what we ha e a chance at either. He’s maybe the greatest coach of our generation. He’s obviously not happy with what went down last year and still has a lot of coaching left in him. It’s be the hire of the damn century for us if we could land him. And he’s there right now for the taking. We should be hearing a lot more talk about him right now. I sure as hell hope there’s someone at our school doing something behind the scenes to help get us in position to land this guy. It would change the history of our program

VN Store

Back