Official March Madness Thread

Your defense is changing the discussion though. I'm not arguing the virtues of Arizona against the rest of college basketball, and I'm not claiming they are the best team in the country, by any means. I just think they are better than UK. They have, who I think, is the most dominant and toughest matchup in college basketball, and UK has no one that can match him defensively.

If they can lose to Colorado, Washington, and Oregon, then they can sure as hell lose to Kentucky - regardless of how they matchup with Ayton. Arizona and UK are pretty much equal. And the fact that people are overwhelmingly picking Arizona means they are overrated

If they can lose to Colorado, Washington, and Oregon, then they can sure as hell lose to Kentucky - regardless of how they matchup with Ayton. Arizona and UK are pretty much equal. And the fact that people are overwhelmingly picking Arizona means they are overrated

Who would you rather play in the Tournament?

UK or Arizona?

If Arizona beats Kentucky I think most likely it will be because Arizona can get to the FT stripe and make them.

Sorry to throw shade on all of your brackets

Kentucky played the 9th toughest SOS with a 24-10 record. Arizona the 66th with a 27-7 record.

My point is that Arizona is overrated. People are picking them to win the tournament or go to the final 4. But I think they'll have a hard enough time beating Kentucky in the second round. Also, as much as it pains me to say. Calipari > Sean Miller

I think Kentucky is overrated. They got blown out by Florida a week ago.

If Knox isn’t hitting shots they aren’t scary at all. Heck, they have the highest chance to lose their 1st round game according to a few metrics. They may not even make it to Arizona.

Last edited:

Sure they can lose to anyone. Same can be said of anyone at tournament time. I just don't see a compelling argument to favor UK over them.

If Arizona beats Kentucky I think most likely it will be because Arizona can get to the FT stripe and make them.

Sorry to throw shade on all of your brackets

No need to apologize. We can disagree about it.

I’d Knox isn’t hitting shots they aren’t scary at all. Heck, they have the highest chance to lose their 1st round game according to a few metrics. They may not even make it to Arizona.

Ifs and buts. You can say that about any team

Arizona lost to some terrible teams this year. Worse than UK. And who is their best win? Texas A&M in Phoenix that they needed some questionable calls to win?

Unless they come alive in the tournament, they certainly haven’t proved they’re a better team than Kentucky

The Pac 12 sucks.

If theyre built for a Final 4 run, then they’ve really disguised it so far this year. They’re looked like a far cry from a top 4 team

They shat the bed in the Bahamas tourney, with losses to Purdue and NC state who turned out to be pretty good. Loss to SMU was bad.

Other losses were away. Only home loss was vs UCLA who made the tournament.

PAC 12 underperformed this year for sure.

They’ve rebounded pretty well, won last 5 games.

Sure they can lose to anyone. Same can be said of anyone at tournament time. I just don't see a compelling argument to favor UK over them.

No need to apologize. We can disagree about it.

I know a lot of people are picking them and that’s why I’m saying they’re overrated. I think they’re a tossup to beat Kentucky let alone beat Virginia and Cincy or us.

If Knox isn’t hitting shots they aren’t scary at all. Heck, they have the highest chance to lose their 1st round game according to a few metrics. They may not even make it to Arizona.

Davidson could upset UK. They shoot nearly 40 percent from 3 point range as a team.

They shat the bed in the Bahamas tourney, with losses to Purdue and NC state who turned out to be pretty good. Loss to SMU was bad.

Other losses were away. Only home loss was vs UCLA who made the tournament.

PAC 12 underperformed this year for sure.

They’ve rebounded pretty well, won last 5 games.

They lost to Colorado and Washington who are both horrible. And like I said their best win is a questionable game in Phoenix to Texas A&M. Their best conference win is certainly at Arizona St. - a team that shouldn’t even be in the tournamwnt. And that one came down to the last couple minutes

Ifs and buts. You can say that about any team

Arizona lost to some terrible teams this year. Worse than UK. And who is their best win? Texas A&M in Phoenix that they needed some questionable calls to win?

Unless they come alive in the tournament, they certainly haven’t proved they’re a better team than Kentucky

Committee and rankings seem to disagree with you.

Kentucky lost to UCLA out of that terrible PAC-12. Also lost (blown out) to A&M who you just brough up that Arizona beat. Lost to an awful South Carolina and got swept by mediocre Florida. Lost to an average Missouri too.

Last edited:

Kentucky lost to UCLA out of that terrible PAC-12. Also lost to A&M who you just brough up that Arizona beat. Also lost to an awful South Carolina and got swept by mediocre Florida.

South Carolina >>>> Washington and Colorado

And while TAMU might be their best win and a game Kentucky lost, Kentucky won at West Virginia and beat us on a neutral court. Two vastly superior wins to what Arizona has

The human rankings have Arizona slightly ahead - but the AP rankings are also regionally biased. The stat rankings universally have UK higher.

I’m simply taking a middle ground here and saying they’re about equal

Last edited:
They lost to Colorado and Washington who are both horrible. And like I said their best win is a questionable game in Phoenix to Texas A&M. Their best conference win is certainly at Arizona St. - a team that shouldn’t even be in the tournamwnt. And that one came down to the last couple minutes

They beat Alabama and Texas AM. They are 2-0 against the SEC this year. No fault of their own that the PAC 12 wasn’t good this year.

They beat Alabama and Texas AM. They are 2-0 against the SEC this year. No fault of their own that the PAC 12 wasn’t good this year.

Sure it’s not their fault the pac 12 sucks. But even in a terrible conference they had a lot of close games. The love for them is only justified by people giddy over Ayton

Kentucky lost to UCLA out of that terrible PAC-12. Also lost (blown out) to A&M who you just brough up that Arizona beat. Lost to an awful South Carolina and got swept by mediocre Florida. Lost to an average Missouri too.

As young as KY is, I don't put much weight in an early season loss to UCLA.

Lol.

Both Washington and Colorado have a higher RPI than South Carolina.

South Carolina wasn't THAT bad. Top 80 Kenpom (80th lol), top 20 defensive efficiency.

Colorado is. They're 112, behind Northern Colorado. Washington is okay at 98 Kenpom, mediocre offense and defense.

Last edited:
Yes, RPI. Both are higher than SC.

I know that goes against your SC is >>>>> post.. SC was a worse loss than both Colorado or Washington.

If you’re resorting to RPI to justify your argument then it’s probably a bad one. The RPI is the most flawed metric out there

Sure it’s not their fault the pac 12 sucks. But even in a terrible conference they a lot of close games. The love for them is only justified by people giddy over Ayton

Just saying that they are not overrated like you say. They are legit. They had issues at the beginning of the year but now are finding a rhythm with Ayton and the rest of the team. Been very consistent towards the end of the season. Solid but not spectacular.

That’s why they are a trendy pick.

UK has been wildly inconsistent. Never know what you will get with them and their inexperience. That’s why they are a popular upset pick in the first round.

VN Store

Back