Pat Forde SI article

The fans created the circus around the last hire then went into full dunce mode when Schiavo was announced

On what planet can you walk into parents' houses with a head coach with Schiano's baggage, both at Penn State and the NFL, and be able to recruit at the level necessary to win in the SEC?

The fans were the only actors in that scenario who displayed any amount of common sense.

As a guy who lives in the Tampa area and got a first hand look at how Schiano treats players, I don't get the love folks have for Schiano. He's a poor coach and a low-rent character.

f pat forde, but this hire is a joke and the fans that are pumping sunshine are the same ones that drank the dooley, jones, pruitt kool-aid. they should be disregarded. low information fans. sheep. the kinda suckers that fall for higher ed administrators' high integrity bs
Just because some of us wait to bitch until there is something to bitch about, doesn't make us low information fans. Does your attitude make you a whiney azz NegaVol? If you truly feel you have superior football knowledge or that you are smarter than someone that believes in giving a coach a chance to prove himself before we diss him, I will be more than happy to take an IQ test with you. We can post the results here, so you can show how smart you really are. Just what ELITE top tier HC do you KNOW wanted this job? I will sit and wait for your reply.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's true.

But honestly the biggest issues haven't been the fans, the school or the facilities. There are a lot of programs struggling to catch up.

A&M struggled for awhile until they forked over BIG money for Jimbo.

Florida struggled endlessly until it forked over big money for Mullen.

Texas has been in a constant struggle.

FSU has been in a constant struggle, just about the same as us TBQH. To make matters worse, they only have 1 big-bad on their schedule, we have a minimum of 3.

Those struggles get fixed by hiring the right coach, or worsened by hiring the wrong coach.

And if people think there are "sure things", just look at some of the coaching hires over the years that media have lauded. Justin Fuente to VaTech (19-6 last 2 years at Memphis, 38-26 at VaTech), Willie Taggart (rebuilt WKU/USF... fired after 2 years at FSU), Scott Frost (19-7 at UCF, 12-20 at Nebraska), Chip Kelly (46-7 at Oregon, 10-21 at UCLA), Jim Harbaugh (completely built Stanford 20-6 last 2 years, 44-19 in NFL, 2-4 at Michigan and got a massive extension).

We're not royalty anymore. We certainly aren't going to get something that Texas and Auburn failed to get... and they have at least more talent on-roster and far better public perception than we do.

Don’t know why he places so much of the blame with the fans when people like fulmer, ut admin, kiffin leaving after 1 year, and so many more are to blame. Are we crazy at times... yes but we continue to care when for the past 15 years there has been no reason to.

Reactions: 08Vol
Just because some of us wait to bitch until there is something to bitch about doesn't make us low information fans. Does your attitude make you a whiney azz NegaVol? If you truly feel you have superior football knowledge or that you are smarter than someone that believes in giving a coach a chance to prove himself before we diss him, I will be more than happy to take an IQ test with you. We can post the results here, so you can show how smart you really are. Just what ELITE top tier HC do you KNOW wanted this job? I will sit and wait for your reply.
Well of course I don't KNOW they wanted the job, but the righteous pass over of Hugh Freeze is an example of our university's losing mindset. Absolute loser weak play here. Id be glad to be wrong, but I don't think we are playing to win

Just because some of us wait to bitch until there is something to bitch about, doesn't make us low information fans. Does your attitude make you a whiney azz NegaVol? If you truly feel you have superior football knowledge or that you are smarter than someone that believes in giving a coach a chance to prove himself before we diss him, I will be more than happy to take an IQ test with you. We can post the results here, so you can show how smart you really are. Just what ELITE top tier HC do you KNOW wanted this job? I will sit and wait for your reply.
And we could have let Steele hold it down until we found our guy. Our version of Matt Luke would have been better than raiding some CUSA school's athletic dept.

Pat Forde can be walking down the mountain will stone tablets and I will agree with the writing but still say eff u to the messenger.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Well of course I don't KNOW they wanted the job, but the righteous pass over of Hugh Freeze is an example of our university's losing mindset. Absolute loser weak play here. Id be glad to be wrong, but I don't think we are playing to win
I agree with you. I just don't believe he was our first choice. White said he talked with other people first. Those conversations didn't go like White wanted. So he didn't make an offer. Sort of like you talk to a woman before you ask her out. If you can't handle rejection and you don't think she is into you, don't ask her out. I don't believe any Top 5 HC would come here now with the mess we are facing. I would have loved to see Kiffin or Freeze come here but the timing is not right. Plus, I don't think they would jump at this job right now.

Reactions: I4Vols and 08Vol
And we could have let Steele hold it down until we found our guy. Our version of Matt Luke would have been better than raiding some CUSA school's athletic dept.
That option would not float with most on here. Our current HC checks the high powered Offense box. He also checks the winning record and HC experience boxes also. Short of Saban or Dabo, I don't think VolNation would be happy. Oh, just for the record, they wouldn't take this job for any amount of money right now.

Reactions: I4Vols and 08Vol
That option would not float with most on here. Our current HC checks the high powered Offense box. He also checks the winning record and HC experience boxes also. Short of Saban or Dabo, I don't think VolNation would be happy. Oh, just for the record, they wouldn't take this job for any amount of money right now.
AD should not be making decisions based off what some internet board commenter is saying. Coaching market is very dynamic. We don't know how we could position ourselves for a hire in December 2021. We have to panic and make a sub-par hire and then we'll be back to cleaning house in a few years.

anyone would have a decent record coaching at UCF after Frost left

We make our hires when we are in our absolute worst positions. I'd patch it for a year and spend 11 months wining and dining the right candidates, not slap some cheap band-aid on the wound in late january

Reactions: Vol524

VN Store

Back