Put a fork in him - Riley Ferguson is DONE. [attempted sarcasm]

Does anyone remember Brays spring games? Im just going to trust Butch on this one, he says Worley and Ferg are front runners...why is that so hard to take in?

Really good question. There's some myth that's begun about some cabal put in place to force Riley into the starting QB position. I don't get it. People are curious to see if he can play and are especially interested because it appears Butch believes he can. But nobody's clammering for or demanding that he start sight unseen. Overwhelming majority want the best QB playing and that currently appears to be Worley.

It was just conjecture. Last season there were people on VN that said RF was so much better than any QB we had. That he was going to be the starter if he got a chance. Reading some comments about RF last season people would have thought that he was the greatest QB we have had since PM. Point is some made it sound like RF was clearly the best QB we had before he even took a snap.

now they're either making excuses, blaming fans for not being fans, or backpedaling more than all the db's in the us combined. it's really hilarious!

You cant 100% fault a QB for getting sacked.

Besides, Dobbs had similar games to that last year. Should we write him off too?

How about the Vandy game where he went
11/19 for 53 yards and threw 2 INTs. He was sacked a few times too. Had 11 rushes for 23 yards with a long of 14.

You cant judge QBs based off of 1 performance

but u continuously bring up this vandy game, in which a penalty by pig kept dobbs from winning. so on his worst night, we could've both won the game and went bowling. not to leave out the conservative playcalling

and one other thing....to those who said dobbs threw such and such before throwing his first td pass, remember the td drops from dobbs to josh smith. i guess those were dobbs fault as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone remember Brays spring games? Im just going to trust Butch on this one, he says Worley and Ferg are front runners...why is that so hard to take in?

Why do Ferg fans make up so much? When has Butch ever said anything near this? All he says is all the qbs are close. Or were close.

Reactions: 3 people
Thats a pre recorded episode of talking football. Episode is like a week old. They are usually wrong about a lot of stuff. They think hes the starter because he was the starter at the end of last season. I watch that show from time to time, and they are homers and dont know much about programs that arent UF, Bama or Big10 schools

you mean the media is wrong now? AMAZING

i am willing to bet you've read this somewhere before but now since it fits dobbs it's wrong? c'mon man!

Reactions: 1 person
but the qb part must obviously be correct, right? smmfh

I haven't heard much about Alex Ellis all Spring, have only been hearing about Helm and Wolff. Why don't you go ahead and dog those 2 as well. Tell everybody about how the media is lying when they say they're both playing well and will get a ton of playing time, that they're both very physical and athletic. Butch has mentioned both several times in his Spring pressers and said how impressed he's been with their play. Coach Jake, too. Give us the real skinny, what do the coaches really mean? Please tell us all how they're all lying about those kids too. Or do you only hate Ferguson?

What dirt do you have on Hurd or Pearson or Coleman Thomas? You're evidently there at practice and the scrimmages. Tell us how Butch said their games don't measure up to UT football either.

And hey, while you're at it, don't restrict yourself to the offensive side of the ball.... Butch said 16 of the 18 players coming this summer will play defense....why don't you go ahead and get started early running those sorry sobs down. Start with Dillon Bates...I heard some idiot radio guy say he will probably be counted on to play a lot as a freshman. That can't be right can it? Regale us with your inside knowledge of UTs roster, depth chart and personnel..... and no, none of it has to be true, just pull it out of your arse like you did with your take on Ferguson. We're all waiting...

I think a lot of people missed or forgot reports that Dobbs had some issues this spring. The beginning of spring he had fumbling issues. Also reported he was inconsistent with his throws.

Yeah, Dobbs is more experienced than Peterman and Ferguson... but you know how to fix that? Give them playing time.

And when it comes to speed, Ferguson is right behind Dobbs. Fergy isnt slow.

Plus we heard from Butch himself that Ferguson showed the most leadership. Something a lot of yall seem to forget

see, there it is. now that riley has struggled, you want the coaches to GIVE him something. this is how his supporters have been from the get-go. how about he EARN it? when he earns playing time, he will get playing time

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't heard much about Alex Ellis all Spring, have only been hearing about Helm and Wolff. Why don't you go ahead and dog those 2 as well. Tell everybody about how the media is lying when they say they're both playing well and will get a ton of playing time, that they're both very physical and athletic. Butch has mentioned both several times in his Spring pressers and said how impressed he's been with their play. Coach Jake, too. Give us the real skinny, what do the coaches really mean? Please tell us all how they're all lying about those kids too. Or do you only hate Ferguson?

What dirt do you have on Hurd or Pearson or Coleman Thomas? You're evidently there at practice and the scrimmages. Tell us how Butch said their games don't measure up to UT football either.

And hey, while you're at it, don't restrict yourself to the offensive side of the ball.... Butch said 16 of the 18 players coming this summer will play defense....why don't you go ahead and get started early running those sorry sobs down. Start with Dillon Bates...I heard some idiot radio guy say he will probably be counted on to play a lot as a freshman. That can't be right can it? Regale us with your inside knowledge of UTs roster, depth chart and personnel..... and no, none of it has to be true, just pull it out of your arse like you did with your take on Ferguson. We're all waiting...

aw, boo whoo ur guy stunk it up and u can't deal with it. u were horribly wrong like the rest pre-crowning him the best so deal with it. quit whining

Josh Dobbs is bigger, faster, smarter, more accurate, more experienced, and less turnover-prone than Riley Ferguson, but Ferguson is still the better quarterback because... ?

Because the coaches who watch him practice every day, day in and day out, as opposed to seeing him for a few minutes behind the second string OL, seem to think so. I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
Show one depth chart from anytime in his career he has been ahead of Dobbs. Or anything at all.

Don't need one. Dobbs didn't go to the UF Game. Fergy would have started over Dobbs after Worleys injury If not for his own via COACH JONES.

but u continuously bring up this vandy game, in which a penalty by pig kept dobbs from winning. so on his worst night, we could've both won the game and went bowling. not to leave out the conservative playcalling

and one other thing....to those who said dobbs threw such and such before throwing his first td pass, remember the td drops from dobbs to josh smith. i guess those were dobbs fault as well.

So Fergy can't have a bad day either? I mean. If he played against the JV team he probably would put up the same #'s

aw, boo whoo ur guy stunk it up and u can't deal with it. u were horribly wrong like the rest pre-crowning him the best so deal with it. quit whining

Your an idiot and the most dishonest poster I've seen in here in the 1.5 years since I've been on here. Not once have I said the kid will start or should start. Not once. I've only ever posted accurate information from whom 99.9% of Vol fans consider reliable sources about where the QB race has stood this fall.
You're part of the .1% dumbasses who refuse to believe THEIR words.

You've just disgracefully made crap up to try and support your obvious agenda of trying to run down and slander a 19 year old football player at UT. I don't understand your reasons but you clearly have them, we all see that.

Incredible how you refuse to address your lies about what Butch has said about Riley. You just made it up. Curious to see which player you're gonna target next ....Wharton? Berry Twins? TKJr? Bates? You're in Lexington right? Pretty sure you're a Kentucky troll, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Don't need one. Dobbs didn't go to the UF Game. Fergy would have started over Dobbs after Worleys injury If not for his own via COACH JONES.

His actual words were that Dobbs would have played that game regardless of Ferg being healthy or not. After the season Jones sad Ferg would have played at some point if not hurt. The Ferg guys have run with that to take it as Jones saying he was ahead of Dobbs which he wasn't according to Jones.

As for the UF game Deer Park actually knows what happened. Dobbs simulated Driskell for the scout team and RF did the normal game plan. Other weeks this was reversed. No matter what happened Ferg would not have played. Pig would have run it every time if NP and Worley both got hurt. Neither Dobbs or RF would have played that week not matter who went. Ferg fans took that and ran with that as some sign. Ignoring the actual depth charts and the coaches statements.

Show one depth chart or even a quote where Jones said specifically that RF was or is ahead of Dobbs. It doesn't exist.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back