Recruiting Football Talk VII

If Squirrel decides to go pro after this upcoming season. He will be drafted quickly.
Bru also.
I wouldn’t currently expect either of those guys to be drafted until at least the second or third round, but they both should have a chance to put up better stats this year with a more skilled QB under center.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Just got back from dinner with friends, so haven’t had a chance to watch tonight, but I see Wright is still on the board. Thats disappointing.

Not looking forward to the narrative spinning back up that Heupel’s system kills the draft stock of good offensive skill players. I don’t necessarily believe that to be true, but some recruiters are going to use Hooker, Hyatt, Tillman, and Wright all going later than expected to negatively recruit us.
We just need some of our guys to be stud in the NFL…. Right now they have all been marginal at best…. Not 100% the players fault though.

If Squirrel decides to go pro after this upcoming season. He will be drafted quickly.
Bru also.
I don’t know if Bru has the speed to get drafted very high if at all….Squirrel needs a big year this season…. Should be easier for both with Nico throwing them the ball.

Bru also.

I think both face question marks. Is Squirrel strong enough to get off tight coverage in the NFL? Does Bru have the speed? And how’s leg?

Not saying they won’t play in the NFL. They both have strengths, but there are also question marks that both will have to answer.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Wright is the only one amongst that group that I would say is going later than expected. You just had unrealistic assessments of those other guys.
Wright’s a running back. Only two have been drafted. He’ll probably go in the third, which seems about right to me.

Honestly, all this tells me is what a great job CJH has done.

Yeah, there are so many of those types of reality checks now. The worst probably: I remember seeing Ken Griffey Sr. play at Riverfront Stadium back in the day, and his son played 22 years in the big leagues and retired 14 years ago.
Same...I also remember seeing Sr play for the Reds...getting old sucks.

Being a degenerate watching an old game tonight.

I've watched some of the 99' team before, but my good golly Ollie Ollie...our offense was HORRIBLE. Randy should've been fired after that season, good lord. Shouldn't have been possible to be that bad.

He ran a freaking fullback dive on 3rd and 10...

Not a Tennessee specific observation, but I miss the Ron Franklin-Mark Gottfried duo. Those two were always really good I thought.

But yeah, that 99 offense was a full on mess at times.

VN Store

Back