Redemption for Jalen Hurd

Hard to come back from something like that. I get that young (all) people make mistakes, but I don't know if his teammates would want or accept him back.

Pretty sure he is finishing semester to keep his grades/hours up. Any chance he plans on graduating and using grad transfer rule? If not I guess he really is transfering. And based on what has been posted in other threads he can't play immediately anywhere. So this is a very strange move for him.

If you burn all the bridges what do you do? I guess we will find out soon enough.

I agree, that would be the best for him...but not the best for the team. Once you quit on your brothers, there's no going back.

That's not true. Maybe everyone on the team would not be happy about it, but the majority would probably give a second chance. Attitude and approach is everything.

Is OP Jalen? :p

Pretty sure he is finishing semester to keep his grades/hours up. Any chance he plans on graduating and using grad transfer rule? If not I guess he really is transfering. And based on what has been posted in other threads he can't play immediately anywhere. So this is a very strange move for him.

If you burn all the bridges what do you do? I guess we will find out soon enough.

Yep. Has until Monday to declare for the draft. By Tuesday we'll know what's up for sure.

I'll give you the 3.7 is terrible. What bugs me is the "What could have been!".

Especially since he didn't give a crap the entire season (or portion that he played) and the line didn't give a crap about blocking for him. Given self motivation and a motivated line, "What could have been" is a very valid question.

Learn to swim.

Reactions: 1 person
It wasn't bad when you consider the OL. I was watching how the kid played not his stats, and he pushed back a lot of players to get that 3.7 yards per carry.

We had 2 other backs that ran behind the same Oline in the same offense and averaged 6 yds a carry. Sorry, but Hurd is not that good.

Reactions: 4 people
He probably would fit in better with the team he has rejected and then went back to than a new team altogether. (But, it would take time and serious, sincere effort). I'm surprised we haven't heard some news of him from his former teammates. Surely, some are still friends with him.

seems like he was closest to Robertson and Malone. doubt either would share news on him. Hurd will let us know what his intentions are. he's probably goin to the NFL like was reported a few weeks ago

The last I heard, he hadn't signed with an agent and hadn't requested a release to go to any particular destination. I know that some will roast me for this but it's cool. A group of friends were discussing where he might possibly go in the upcoming draft (if at all) and this thought came to me. The best possible situation for him at this point is to go to CBJ and the team and apologize, and beg to be given another chance. He needs to explain that he let some people get in his head and that he made a huge mistake. He also needs to let it be known that he will do whatever it takes to earn the trust of his teammates and coaches, as well as show a willingness to do whatever he can for the benefit of the TEAM. If he came back for his senior year and played inspired, unselfish football, splitting carries as John Kelly's back up, he could redeem himself in the eyes of his team, most of Volnation, and NFL GM's. He would also still become UT's career rushing leader. Flame away.

Not going to flame away, and am usually pretty liberal on player forgiveness, but this makes NO sense. In my opinion, he already tanked one season, and caused SC loss thru effort and bad team mojo. He either didn't run hard, or OL didn't kill it for him, where he had like 9 carries for 18 yards, and wouldn't go back in UGA or SC games when asked (if VN reports are correct). Jones already gave him a gift by not making public how toxic he was for the team...and you want to bring back the potential of this happening again? As critical as VN can be, am surprised how many are saying they'd be remotely OK with this move.

What are you talking about, the NFL lets you right back in no matter what you did.

Bingo.

Tyreek Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and the NFL is celebrating him these days because of his talent. They don't care about character. They care about money. If Hurd has the talent to play in the league, he will play. Don't fool yourself.

All discussion is irrelevant. Hurd doesn't have the humility to admit wrong doings...

Pretty much this. He'll wake up in five years and realize what an idiot he was at that age (like many of us), but unlike many of us he'll have cost himself millions of dollars

If the team and coaches were in favor, then I would be in favor. Young adults make bone headed decisions sometimes. God knows I did besides we are going to need all the help we can get next season. I don't see it happening though. Some burnt bridges just can't be rebuit.

Everyday that Hurd doesn't announce his football future just makes me more confident that he is never playing again. Most colleges have started or are within a week or two of resuming classes.

Hurd didn't quit before spring ball or during summer workouts. He quit in middle of the season, in middle of games. There is a huge difference. I don't think the players would want him back so that he could set an individual record. And I figure CBJ wouldn't consider bringing it to a team vote. You don't go back over rough ground you've already covered.

Has anybody ever confirmed that Hurd quit in the middle of any game, or is that just a Volnation rumor? Honest question. Please link to an article or cite a specific post from an insider if there's any evidence, direct or circumstantial, that Hurd ever quit in the middle of a game.

At this point if I were him I would enroll in a junior college and then show up in Tuscaloosa for a season like Aaron Douglas did. If he were to graduate from UT could he not be a senior transfer and go to any school he would want to go to?

The reason I say Bama is that he would have a decent offensive line to run behind and he might possibly get a blocking back to run behind.

VN Store

Back