Remarks from Ole Miss

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.

:good!: I back Butch 100%.

Reactions: 2 people
After the Bama games Saban would always say Dooley was a good coach and had us going in the right direction. Don't believe the positive things other coaches say about our situation. Freeze directly recruits against us in the state of TN and he wants our program to stay in the gutter

Yeah, to be honest the comments from opposing coaches and Jones himself are somewhat similar to what we were hearing in the Dooley tenure.

As you said, Ole Miss wants to dominate Memphis and wants to make sure the world knows Tennessee's place behind Ole Miss in terms on Memphis recruiting.

Yeah, to be honest the comments from opposing coaches and Jones himself are somewhat similar to what we were hearing in the Dooley tenure.

As you said, Ole Miss wants to dominate Memphis and wants to make sure the world knows Tennessee's place behind Ole Miss in terms on Memphis recruiting.
Said that also in the Hugh Freeze thread...

Mid year in 2012. Once we lost to FL I knew we were in serious trouble. The problem with Dooley is his best staff members jumped shipped due to the KY loss. If that happens to CBJ then we will have a new coach come 2016. If CBJ lost Jancek after this year we are doomed.

So you are now calling fans idiotic, when you were supporting Dooley even after year two? The fact that his third year is now seen as a colossal mistake doesn't make you think that you should at least be more tolerant of other's opinions, since you were so clearly wrong then?

Freeze took a special shot at Tennessee in his explanation after the game by saying "we had our backup line in and wanted to get them some reps. frankly I didnt think they could score there"

Hell, that would piss me off more if I were playing than them scoring the damn TD.......

We were getting some much need experience for some of our 2nd and 3rd teamers also.

Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.

Oh goodness, that is the worst thing that could happen. i never heard two coaches get more compliments from other coaches than Wade Houston and Buzz Peterson. This basically says, "your coach is a nice guy and I have no doubts I can beat him on the floor and in recruiting. so, for goodness sake, keep him around."
I want my head coach to be feared and hated by opposing coaches and fans. Bruce is the last guy to come close to this. Fulmer was that guy at one point in his career.
FWIW, I hate Saban, Meyer, Spurrier and have just added Freeze to that list.

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.
I've said it. Stay positive, and realize we will get there at some point.

Reactions: 1 person
Except margin of victory is not used by the playoff committee

Freeze is either lying or can't tell what formation his team is in. I don't care about the td necessarily but at least own your decision

When trying to rationalize who's a better team there's no way 12 humans don't subconsciously consider margin of victory. If it comes down to say a 1 loss UGA and 1 loss Ole Miss there's no way someone doesn't looks at common opponents and margin of victory. They may not publicize it but it's there in their evaluation. Plus, I don't know how that can't be part of deciding who the best team(s) are. If I beat team A worse than you beat team A then I'd argue that I'm better.

Even though it's rare (especially for Memphis), 78 seconds is more than enough time to score two TD's. You never know what could happen.

Not for sure if you're suggesting Memphis could've scored two touchdowns in 78 seconds and I certainly like CHF but if you watched that game Memphis wasnt going to score a touchdown in 780 seconds....just a thought...

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is
going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our

coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration

lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot
seat clearly don't understand how much further that
would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not
heard one person who doesn't love the guy.[/
QUOTE]

I agree. For the ones that's been saying fire Butch are out of their minds!! I get mad and curse and everything when we lose but, the last thing we should do is want a new coach. With the players that Butch and his staff have coming in its just a matter of time before we start winning alot of these games. GO VOLS!

Btw.
I've never done it, but it would be interesting to go back and see who attacked me during that time.

I've thought the same thing. I'd be willing to bet that the ones insulting posters now are the same people who attacked us after the 2011 Kentucky game when we wanted Dooley gone.

Dude u must be related to cbj.. He is hired to win n asking him to win 50% of his games in yr 2 isn't unreasonable from a fan base.. If he doesn't make a bowl game this yr he will feel pressure.. Wait till 2016 talk to win is stupid unless you are telling sec cg.. To wait till 2016 to maybe win 7 games is that where we r at as fans.

Paid for performance n would u stayed employed if u only performed your job 50% satisfactory?? Because he is an employee not family not an alumni and has not earned the right to get yrs of losing seasons..

He will not be fired in yr 2 n yr 3 will depend on his performance. That's just the nature

Well I'll go ahead and apologize and say you guys were right, because I'm sure I blasted some of you at the time for it. However, CBJ's situation is different. He's recruiting at a high level, and his chosen defensive coordinator is fielding an amazing defense, even with the current circumstances of our roster. Mahoney is a big question mark, and the o-line recruiting and play has to drastically change, but CBJ has improved depth all across the board for us and has been a great ambassador for UT. He'll have my full support through 2016. 2016 I will hold nothing back if this o-line isn't fixed and our offense doesn't starting moving the ball vertically down the field consistently.

Reactions: 3 people
Btw.
I've never done it, but it would be interesting to go back and see who attacked me during that time.

Good luck on that. Unless you've got better search parameters than I do, you can only go back 100 posts per poster.

For our more, umm, prolific posters, that might get you to the beginning of the second quarter of Saturday's game. :)

Good luck on that. Unless you've got better search parameters than I do, you can only go back 100 posts per poster.

For our more, umm, prolific posters, that might get you to the beginning of the second quarter of Saturday's game. :)

Google is your friend...

Well I'll go ahead and apologize and say you guys were right, because I'm sure I blasted some of you at the time for it. However, CBJ's situation is different. He's recruiting at a high level, and his chosen defensive coordinator is fielding an amazing defense, even with the current circumstances of our roster. Mahoney is a big question mark, and the o-line recruiting and play has to drastically change, but CBJ has improved depth all across the board for us and has been a great ambassador for UT. He'll have my full support through 2016. 2016 I will hold nothing back if this o-line isn't fixed and our offense doesn't starting moving the ball vertically down the field consistently.

Just curious but if Jones doesn't get to a bowl this season or next, why does he automatically have your support for a 4th season?

VN Store

Back