Remarks from Ole Miss

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in when CBJ came here in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.

Yeah, kinda like we ran off Counzo after we had a Sweet 16 appearance, huh?

Kinda like we ran off a National Championship coach with a record of 150 - 50 in football, huh?

Yeah, kinda like we ran off Counzo after we had a Sweet 16 appearance, huh?

Kinda like we ran off a National Championship coach with a record of 150 - 50 in football, huh?

This really isn't the place for this but both those coaches needed to go when they left. Fulmer lost his edge. I think he simply got burnt out coaching which is why he never took another coaching job at a smaller school. I love him. He'll always be the coach I think about when I think of UT because I grew up with him as the coach, but his time was up.

Coach Zo, whether people want to admit it or not, was going to be a coach that had a very good team 1 out of every 3/4 years. Pearl proved we have the full ability to be a top 25 team year in and year out in basketball. People aren't going to accept going to the NCAA tournament 1 out of every 3/4 years when we were previously going every year. Coach Tyndall took on a terrible situation just like Butch did. He'll have to prove himself this year so he can go out and recruit top talent. Zo made sure that we were going to be doomed this year because of his lack of solid recruiting his first two years, along with his followers pulling the race card when we let him go. It is what it is. We are better off without Zo. Trust me. I've played basketball all my life. I've coached basketball, and in my honest opinion Zo is nothing short of an average coach who has a very big heart and is a great guy. Unfortunately, being nice doesn't get you anywhere in sports.

Um, I'm not really sure why your are bitc@@@@ at me about this? I was simply answering a question. You talk about winning, but what exactly do you think this unnecessary and misdirected rambling looks like to most people? Nothing that I stated was out of line, nor did I say Jancek or anyone else was jumping ship. Facts are, when a fan base becomes split great assistant coaches jump ship. It's not about loyalty at that point, it's about job security for their future. No one wants to go to work with head coach who's a sitting duck. Go look at the Jets if you don't believe me.

Nevermind. However the fan base creates to much Drama and in your opinion it's not about loyalty to the head coach it's about job security.

CBJ and Staff are about loyalty to each other and having faith in what they are doing as a group. IMO he will be loyal to them and them to him. The fan base can call him a sitting duck but only the AD can make him one. He is here with staff for 6 yrs. IMO that is the commitment that was made by all concerned. (AD, HFC, Staff and several others)

Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.
Sounds like Freeze is losing his team if he's telling them to take a knee and they run what they want to run.

Nevermind. However the fan base creates to much Drama and in your opinion it's not about loyalty to the head coach it's about job security.

CBJ and Staff are about loyalty to each other and having faith in what they are doing as a group. IMO he will be loyal to them and them to him. The fan base can call him a sitting duck but only the AD can make him one. He is here with staff for 6 yrs. IMO that is the commitment that was made by all concerned. (AD, HFC, Staff and several others)

I don't think you understand how the entire process works. Our fan base, us, you, me, VolNation, we all ran Dooley off. How? We didn't show up for the games and UT lost tons of money because of it. When you go from an attendance of 100,000+ to 80,000 then something is going to give.

Also, it's a little naive to believe all these coaches are loyal to CBJ no matter what. Before CBJ got here none of his coaches had a reason to leave. They have won everywhere they have gone. Jancek, Elder, Baj., Strip, and Mahoney probably will stick it out no matter what, but the rest of our coaches will bolt IMO if things get very bad here. Loyalty only goes as far as the next best thing in the path. My exgirlfriend was loyal for over 2 years until she moved 5 hrs away for a job and the next best thing presented itself to her. It's called life. S@@@ happens. But, true loyalty is rarely seen in today's world.

Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.

Did he tell the players to take a knee and they ignored him?

It amazes me how many people cannot take a positive for what it is. I saw Freeze reaction when they scored the TD. He was really upset with it. Man, some people refuse to believe that some other coaches in the conference have class. If it was Saban/Kiffin, he would have gone for two after the TD, after taking a time out with 2 seconds remaining in the game.:crazy:

What part of "then why didn't he take a knee" do you not get? Actions speak louder than words.

Ole Miss, and about 10 other teams, will be vying for a playoff spot when all is said and done. They'd be stupid not to score as much as possible. It is what it is.

These aren't 5-year-olds, and this ain't rec league. These are 18-22 year old men. They can handle it.

EXACTLY...we take our ass whoopins like a man and move on. I'm talking about the team not VN. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Freeze had Bo Wallace throw a TD pass against Memphis with 78 seconds left in the game, up 17-3. So, probably best not to listen to coach speak.

Victory is not guaranteed up 14 with 78 seconds left... I have no problem with this (unless it was a situation where kneeling would definitely end the game)

Dude u must be related to cbj.. He is hired to win n asking him to win 50% of his games in yr 2 isn't unreasonable from a fan base.. If he doesn't make a bowl game this yr he will feel pressure.. Wait till 2016 talk to win is stupid unless you are telling sec cg.. To wait till 2016 to maybe win 7 games is that where we r at as fans.

Paid for performance n would u stayed employed if u only performed your job 50% satisfactory?? Because he is an employee not family not an alumni and has not earned the right to get yrs of losing seasons..

He will not be fired in yr 2 n yr 3 will depend on his performance. That's just the nature

3 of the 4 teams weve lost to are top 10 teams....on the road.....Win What? Florida was a blown shot....but je came into a bad situation....we all knew in 2013, the OL was gonna be bad in 2014...even Butch....but I dont think any of us thought theyd be this bad? Give him time.....OL studs are.coming...QB studs are coming....even more defensive studs are coming....were gonna be nasty!

The camera switched to Coach Freeze the moment they scored and he looked like he had just lost the game. The play was meant to run out the clock, but, A.J. and Co. over ran the play to their left and the hole was wide open to the end zone. There is nothing "politically correct" about Freeze; a class act all the way.

The camera switched to Coach Freeze the moment they scored and he looked like he had just lost the game. The play was meant to run out the clock, but, A.J. and Co. over ran the play to their left and the hole was wide open to the end zone. There is nothing "politically correct" about Freeze; a class act all the way.

Do you people know what taking a knee is?

CHF should apologize for scoring points. It's UT defense's job to keep them from scoring.

While I agree, you are missing the point of the thread. The point is CHF acted sorry for scoring and apologized to CBJ. If he really didn't want to score, why not just take a knee?

Respectfully and strongly disagree. Freeze had Wallace throwing the ball leading to a td pass with 78 seconds left vs Memphis. Was trying to do the same thing when his backup threw into the endzone 2 plays before they ran the ball in for a td with a minute left and a 24 pt lead vs UT.

IMHO, Freeze clearly wanted some style pts for the playoff committee, but didn't want to be perceived as the no class ass he was behaving as, so he gave us his act on the sidelines with the cameras rolling. Not sure how else you explain it logically.

VN Store

Back