Remarks from Ole Miss

Just curious but if Jones doesn't get to a bowl this season or next, why does he automatically have your support for a 4th season?

If he doesn't get to a bowl next year he wouldn't get my support or anyone elses. I guess I wasn't clear on that. He has until 2016 to show he's our guy. If he makes a bowl in 2015 he deserves a shot to do something big time in the 2016 season. What can't happen is people crash on him after this season and then we lose assistant coaches like Thig, Wilie, and Strip.

Reactions: 2 people
Well I'll go ahead and apologize and say you guys were right, because I'm sure I blasted some of you at the time for it. However, CBJ's situation is different. He's recruiting at a high level, and his chosen defensive coordinator is fielding an amazing defense, even with the current circumstances of our roster. Mahoney is a big question mark, and the o-line recruiting and play has to drastically change, but CBJ has improved depth all across the board for us and has been a great ambassador for UT. He'll have my full support through 2016. 2016 I will hold nothing back if this o-line isn't fixed and our offense doesn't starting moving the ball vertically down the field consistently.

Ha it takes a big fella to admit he's wrong, and I honestly like your posts. You definitely don't stick out as the ones who were really making it personal. And again, I agree with you that Butch shouldn't be on the hot seat. I've just seen this movie before, so I won't attack posters that feel differently than I do.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you see the look on his face, it was our job to stop a of tackle play, if he had dropped back and passed I would have a problem with it.

Bah...they already threw an incomplete TD pass, when all they had to do was run the clock out.

Except margin of victory is not used by the playoff committee

Freeze is either lying or can't tell what formation his team is in. I don't care about the td necessarily but at least own your decision

There is human error now. Any committee member can look back at the score and judge them. If it's close between two teams they could look at that Memphis game.

Ha it takes a big fella to admit he's wrong, and I honestly like your posts. You definitely don't stick out as the ones who were really making it personal. And again, I agree with you that Butch shouldn't be on the hot seat. I've just seen this movie before, so I won't attack posters that feel differently than I do.

Our o-line recruiting and development is very concerning; however, I really think Bajakian's offense will be effective with a good o-line and a half way decent mobile QB. I like JJ and Dormady as our future QBs. We just need to pray Dobbs can hold the fort down next year behind hopefully a much improved o-line until Dormady or JJ can take over.

Not sure how much of this was said publicly or already reported by Hugh Freeze was highly complimentary of UT and said that UT is where Ole Miss was two years ago and has a lot of talent but no depth. He said in two years UT will likely win the East.

He also said that Freeze was irate at the last touchdown and apologized to Butch Jones for the appearance that they were running up the score. Apparently, Freeze was pretty pissed on the sideline afterward.

Some of this may just be "politically correct" talk complimenting the other team but overall folks seem to respect Butch a lot more than the prior two guys.

Oh no. He looked heartbroken on the sidelines when that last touchdown was scored. He's OK in my book.

Just curious but if Jones doesn't get to a bowl this season or next, why does he automatically have your support for a 4th season?

I would ask you, "Who in this country would be able to match the recruiting Butch has already done, and is continuing to do after we have had such disasters for a while, and can you not see a tremendous improvement in our team, even if it does not show up in wins at this time?"

I do not think we could have done better than Coach Jones. He is our answer, and he deserves our total support.

His job should not be made harder by people who continue wanting to ask the what if's and ask stupid questions instead of being excited about all the good things that are happening around Tennessee Football.

I believe in Butch Jones, and I believe in all the great young men he has at Tennessee now, and those who are on their way here. I would hope they see and hear positive comments instead of so many what if's and other nonsense.

Go Vols!

Dude u must be related to cbj.. He is hired to win n asking him to win 50% of his games in yr 2 isn't unreasonable from a fan base.. If he doesn't make a bowl game this yr he will feel pressure.. Wait till 2016 talk to win is stupid unless you are telling sec cg.. To wait till 2016 to maybe win 7 games is that where we r at as fans.

Paid for performance n would u stayed employed if u only performed your job 50% satisfactory?? Because he is an employee not family not an alumni and has not earned the right to get yrs of losing seasons..

He will not be fired in yr 2 n yr 3 will depend on his performance. That's just the nature

Is anyone else as annoyed by this guys use of "n" for "and" and "r" for "are" as I am? Good God man type out the words.

Reactions: 6 people
Is anyone else as annoyed by this guys use of "n" for "and" and "r" for "are" as I am? Good God man type out the words.

Wish I could give you more likes. :banghead2:

I was just wondering yesterday about the "92volalum" bit. If he graduated in '92 he'd be about what, 45? Even if he was born in 92, he'd be 22; way too old for that.

btw, you kids get off my lawn! :)

Reactions: 2 people
I would ask you, "Who in this country would be able to match the recruiting Butch has already done, and is continuing to do after we have had such disasters for a while, and can you not see a tremendous improvement in our team, even if it does not show up in wins at this time?"

I do not think we could have done better than Coach Jones. He is our answer, and he deserves our total support.

His job should not be made harder by people who continue wanting to ask the what if's and ask stupid questions instead of being excited about all the good things that are happening around Tennessee Football.

I believe in Butch Jones, and I believe in all the great young men he has at Tennessee now, and those who are on their way here. I would hope they see and hear positive comments instead of so many what if's and other nonsense.

Go Vols!

Don't break your hand patting yourself on the back, or hurt yourself falling of that high horse you ride on.

You're also the type that would be screaming for his head if my "stupid" scenario came true.

I think all of the SEC schools have really enjoyed playing us this year. We're quite the date...

To be sure. Memphis played OleMiss better/closer than we did. There's a reason why we were their homecoming opponent. We're a very easy win for any decent SEC team.

Ever gotten stupid mad over something so little because of something else that had nothing to do with what set you off. That reminds of me of you guys. It's ok, we were terrible under Dooley, but we will get there under Coach Jones. Relax and let's get to a bowl game.

If our incompetent fan base doesn't run him off first, we will have a solid team in a few years. The problem is recruits hear the chatter and will abandon ship come 2015, and we will be in the same spot we were in when CBJ came here in 2013. If we continue to stay 100% behind CBJ then in 2016 we should have all the pieces to win. Until then, we have to keep the "lets fire everyone" talk to a minimal. CBJ will get it together. He's probably going to have to make a few changes on his offensive staff, but I also hope to see him push to get all his defensive staff raises. Our defense is going to be a top 10 defense come 2016 if all our coaches stay. I totally understand the frustration lately, but people who are saying CBJ is on the hot seat clearly don't understand how much further that would set us back. Trust CBJ, because I've not heard one person who doesn't love the guy.

In this age of social media and internet, recruits, families an competitors visit and read this site and the other Vol sites. We need big time players ready to play early before 102,455. They are the future and we need to let them know we need them and support the team to get us back to glory.

Freeze had Bo Wallace throw a TD pass against Memphis with 78 seconds left in the game, up 17-3. So, probably best not to listen to coach speak.

No way! Did you see Freeze's face after the last touchdown? Freeze looked completely disgusted! No way he wanted a touchdown on that play. In fact, his second string O line was in the game. So far, Freeze has shown he is a class act. GO VOLS!

Except margin of victory is not used by the playoff committee

Freeze is either lying or can't tell what formation his team is in. I don't care about the td necessarily but at least own your decision

SIAP, but footage of his frustration when they scored was shown on TV. he wasn't irate, but he was pretty upset when they scored.

EDIT dude above me beat me

No way! Did you see Freeze's face after the last touchdown? Freeze looked completely disgusted! No way he wanted a touchdown on that play. In fact, his second string O line was in the game. So far, Freeze has shown he is a class act. GO VOLS!

And the pass in the end zone two plays earlier? Sorry, wasn't buying his act. Not saying he should've done it, but if he really wanted to show some class by not scoring a touchdown there, he would've had his qb take a knee with less than a minute left.

I get the idea that it was up to our D to stop them, this is big boy football, the OleMiss scrubs practice hard and deserve to score too, get it, got no problem with it.

But if they're gonna throw into the end zone and then continue running the ball with a minute left and a 24 point lead, then that assclown Freeze doesn't get to act "disgusted" (and I do mean act) and incredulous when they score.

SIAP, but footage of his frustration when they scored was shown on TV. he wasn't irate, but he was pretty upset when they scored.

EDIT dude above me beat me

What was the look on his face 2 plays earlier when his qb threw a pass into the end zone? If he was really upset and didn't want his team to score again, wouldn't he just have had his qb take a knee? Seen it happen plenty of times, seen Fulmer do it more than once. Freeze was full of ish.

Mid year in 2012. Once we lost to FL I knew we were in serious trouble. The problem with Dooley is his best staff members jumped shipped due to the KY loss. If that happens to CBJ then we will have a new coach come 2016. If CBJ lost Jancek after this year we are doomed.

Dooley was an idiot and terrible coach. The staff left him because of that and the fact you could tell him anything. He was arrogant and a control freak boss.

This staff is not going anywhere. They are committed to CBJ and to UTK.

God you people watch to many Soap Operas and love Drama. A bunch of Whinny A women talk.

Go write a comic book.

I don't care if they scored again late in the game. A defense has the responsibility to stop the opponent. If you do not stop them, then you get scored on. We will have our chance soon to be on the offensive in those situations.

VN Store

Back