Sad reality

I hate Bama

But this is a once in a lifetime run

It will make their eventual crash more enjoyable.

Maybe with a new chancellor and AD, things will change for the better. We can only hope.

Also, still making fun of the Life Championships comment is just dumb.

The new chancellor won't care about football. She'll want to push the academics and title IX agendas. The AD may want to but how much he'll be hamstrung is still in question.

Reactions: 1 person
The new chancellor won't care about football. She'll want to push the academics and title IX agendas. The AD may want to but how much he'll be hamstrung is still in question.
Probably not. Cheek never cared much either so these are the results. I think Hamilton and Hart have both been handcuffed to a point..

Hiring Butch is evidence it is not a priority. Thus the thread.

If you may recall, they tried to get interest form big named coaches but none were really interested thus they settled for our 10th choice, which was bUTch.
Also, with Colorado & Purdue showing interest in bUTch, Hart thought that he was a hot commodity.
So, they tried to get a homerun hire but no one was really interested. Remember, Gruden, Gary Patterson, Dungy, Cowher, Butch Davis, Muschamp, The current coach of Washington Huskies etc.
What they should have done was get Bobby Petrino. I know he was fired from Arkansas for good reason, but he can flat out coach.

I can't wait for the crash.
It's going to be glorious.

That's why I watch NASCAR every now and then

And you know what will happen?

They will be so used to being dominate, that when they hire a coach, he will never hold up to Sabans run and they will be in the spiral of hiring and firing.

I cant wait

The fans want championships. We are starved for it per Herbstreet.

The University of Tennessee would "like" to win championships but it's not a priority.

Look at the last hire. We went the cheap route. And gave a huge buyout to get the "cheap" guy so he'd take the job.

I really hope that CBJ can turn this around and win (which I doubt seriously) because I have zero confidence in my university to hire his replacement.
And here's more good news.
I think the standard for the fans is "win the east" next year. I think the standard for the university is less than that.

Someone convince me that I'm wrong.

As long as fans pay for mediocrity then that's.what UT will give. Stop giving $ until they get committed to football

They will be so used to being dominate, that when they hire a coach, he will never hold up to Sabans run and they will be in the spiral of hiring and firing.

I cant wait

I'm giddy with anticipation

I hate Bama

But this is a once in a lifetime run

It will make their eventual crash more enjoyable.

Saban is in his early 60's and it is not uncommon for coaches to coach in to their early 80's or late 70's.
Paterno, Bear Bryant, etc. etc.
May have a few years to wait until he retires. I wish RIch Rodriguez had taken the job and thus they would not have gone after Saban at the Dolphins.
I liked Alabama when they had horrible coaches.....like Shula, Franchoni....

The fans want championships. We are starved for it per Herbstreet.

The University of Tennessee would "like" to win championships but it's not a priority.

Look at the last hire. We went the cheap route. And gave a huge buyout to get the "cheap" guy so he'd take the job.

I really hope that CBJ can turn this around and win (which I doubt seriously) because I have zero confidence in my university to hire his replacement.
And here's more good news.
I think the standard for the fans is "win the east" next year. I think the standard for the university is less than that.

Someone convince me that I'm wrong.

No disrespect but I think it's a bit of a fallacy to consider Jones the "cheap route" at this point.

Not sure of the buyout situation with Sweeney but the salaries are roughly 300 K apart.

Clemson looks to be well on their way to another playoff trip and conference title.

NCAAF | Coaches | Salaries | USA TODAY Sports

This is one of many things that has me ticked at Jones at this point.

There are a lot of coaches on that list making a lot less money that could deliver 8-4 records.

How do you know Saban didnt change his offensive philosophy?

His philosophy has always been pretty simple pre Kiffin. Just out muscle you and wear you down while they play solid defense.

I think he did by hiring Kiffin. A lot of people claimed this would blow up a be a disaster when it happened.

As I said before, a lot of people don't like Kiffin but I'm big enough to give him credit for what he is.

Reactions: 2 people

I cant wait

Yeah. The next misses the playoff a couple years in a row and they will be ready to fire him.

Yeah it's sad reality when the fans expect more than the adminstration does. They just want your money and sell you false hope.. Gullible, loyal fans keep filling their pockets and we keep winding up with used car salesman coaches. Fanbase is loyal to a fault and they keep taking it to the bank..

Even in the Dooley years, this program never dropped outside the top 10 in attendance.

That says all anyone needs to know about the loyalty of this fan base.

What this program needs is someone with loyalty to the program and fans, not someone who can't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag or coaches who are more worried about angling for extensions and raises than sticking around for a press conference.

I think paying a million bucks for Shoop is some evidence that Butch and the university want to win

Thank you!!!! Also look at the short list of candidates they had when they were replacing Kiffin & Dooley.
They want a championship caliber team.
However; the Hamilton & Hart hires threw me a loop.....

Now that Kiffin is leaving Bama it will help a bit.

Saban's backup plan for Kiffin leaving is already on campus in the form of Sarkisian.

This is why Saban is Saban and we are stuck where we are, a coach who thinks Mahoney is a good O line coach and Willie Martinez deserved another run in the SEC.

What's sad is watching a 2nd year coach vs 3rd year coach in a Championship game

Or the fact that Colorado was just in the Pac-12 championship.

Those coaches had no problems building their teams
up in less than 7 which is Butchs time frame

No disrespect but I think it's a bit of a fallacy to consider Jones the "cheap route" at this point.

Not sure of the buyout situation with Sweeney but the salaries are roughly 300 K apart.

Clemson looks to be well on their way to another playoff trip and conference title.

NCAAF | Ctoaches | Salaries | USA TODAY Sports

This is one of many things that has me ticked at Jones at this point.

There are a lot of coaches on that list making a lot less money that could deliver 8-4 records.
Gerald Riggs tweeted last week after the Vandy game there has to be a cheaper way to lose to Vandy. I agree. Jones is overpaid..

Even though Im salty about Bama/Saban, my point is we (ut) may be better off having a steward who runs a tight ship, keeps kids in line, does well with APR, and recruits decently.

We arent gomna compete with Bama. Love to compete. It just isnt realistic right now.

Sorry but I can't buy this defeatist attitude.

Kiffin was Terrance Cody's gut from beating Bama a few years ago with a much worse roster than Jones has had to work with.

Bama has ratcheted up several notches since 2009 but the right coach on the right day can still beat Bama.

Ask Hugh Freeze.

Saban's backup plan for Kiffin leaving is already on campus in the form of Sarkisian.

This is why Saban is Saban and we are stuck where we are, a coach who thinks Mahoney is a good O line coach and Willie Martinez deserved another run in the SEC.

Saban is the best for this reason. Leaves no stone unturned.

VN Store

Back