Someone is apparently impressed by Milton's arm

That’s a joke...why did he lose his starting status at Michigan. Do you really think he’s gonna be better against the SEC defenses. Ouch !

Uhm yeah lol. He will.

You're asking me questions you should know the answer to since you seemed to have judged him.

So there was a whole spring of Maurer, Bailey, and Hendon. Why bring in Milton??
I didn't bring him. Heupel did. You want to take a crack at that? Why did he bring him in??

Reactions: Ertel
That’s a joke...why did he lose his starting status at Michigan. Do you really think he’s gonna be better against the SEC defenses. Ouch !
LittleVol isn’t entirely wrong, Milton has more potential than all of them. He nails his fundamentals down none of them are close.

DB also knows where the pass is going and easier to anticipate and jump the route but sure we can argue semantics.
OR...the pass was late perhaps??
Flowers cut underneath to get the pick. Not overtop. In other words, a well thrown slant can't be picked because the WR is led open...

Sorry.
It was a bad pass.

Flowers cut underneath to get the pick. Not overtop. In other words, a well thrown slant can't be picked because the WR is led open...

Sorry.
It was a bad pass.
Not all slants are 5 yards either.

LittleVol isn’t entirely wrong, Milton has more potential than all of them. He nails his fundamentals down none of them are close.
I’m not saying his opinion doesn’t matter and yes it would be great if he could put more touch on the ball. Would also be great if he could have a whole lot better percentage in the long ball. Big difference when your saying one thing about a 18’ recruit Vs. a 20’ recruit when it comes to learning to be better passer. I’m not confident at all that Milton will ever become a complete Qb.

Sorry.
It was a bad pass.
Can we not talk about slants. It brings back..... memories. 😉

Seriously, like you, I looked at Milton's film, not all of it but quite a bit, because Heupel had a lot of needs on this team....... and reached for a QB. Milton isn't perfect but he's had to endure Harbaugh who is the poster boy for why a "Michigan Man" isn't the answer up there

I trust Heupel. Neither Maurer nor Bailey stepped up to distinguish themselves in Spring. They just didn't win the job. Milton simply wouldn't be here if Heupel believed in Bailey or Maurer.

End of the day Harrison Bailey has had the best vertical ball two days running, before people cry it was against a walk on or 3rd string or ball boy we all know the other qbs take the same reps against the same lame mules and are missing. Does it mean Harrison is the starter? Hell no, but people that are saying how polished Milton is are out of their mind. The longer the throw the more mechanics play into it. Just like marksmanship, any idiot can hit a 25m shot but 300m most are trash. Hell as a college pitcher I can explain how much a leaky shoulder can alter a pitch at 60’6”. I expect Milton to take the job because I think at the end of the day he offers the most benefits to win.

Reactions: butchna
Uhm yeah lol. He will.

You're asking me questions you should know the answer to since you seemed to have judged him.

So there was a whole spring of Maurer, Bailey, and Hendon. Why bring in Milton??
I didn't bring him. Heupel did. You want to take a crack at that? Why did he bring him in??
Options is why. I feel like I’m talking to a child...judged him? Seriously? Come on man....Listen to what they talk about....Skill sets they all have different skill sets ! For a every down Qb. I just feel like you have to go with the more pure passer. Now if we get further into fall practices and HB throws numerous interceptions then it’s a no brainer.

Milton? Everything I’ve seen says his fundamental mechanics are why he’s sailing downfield shots. Milton has more talent and potential than all of them but he isn’t polished by any means.

I can't speak for what's going on in practice right now with the missed deep balls. But at Michigan it was because none of them had the speed to track the ball down.

I said he's more polished than Bailey.
Milton started to lose his competitive spirit after he saw his teammates lose theirs. That's when the turnovers started.

There was the thumb inury, but also Michigan had no run game and their defense was uncharacteristically bad. So was their WRs. He was always trying to play catchup with a bunch of slow WRs. That's really hard. You need quick strikes offense when you're down 2-3 scores.

Michigan was a really bad team last year.

End of the day Harrison Bailey has had the best vertical ball two days running, before people cry it was against a walk on or 3rd string or ball boy we all know the other qbs take the same reps against the same lame mules and are missing. Does it mean Harrison is the starter? Hell no, but people that are saying how polished Milton is are out of their mind. The longer the throw the more mechanics play into it. Just like marksmanship, any idiot can hit a 25m shot but 300m most are trash. Hell as a college pitcher I can explain how much a leaky shoulder can alter a pitch at 60’6”. I expect Milton to take the job because I think at the end of the day he offers the most benefits to win.
You had me till the end lol....the mental mistakes and not a complete passer will be the downfall. To much talent on the field and not just Milton. You got to have the least likely to make mistake and the one that can get into your playmakers hands.

I can't speak for what's going on in practice right now with the missed deep balls. But at Michigan it was because none of them had the speed to track the ball down.

I said he's more polished than Bailey.
Milton started to lose his competitive spirit after he saw his teammates lose theirs. That's when the turnovers started.

There was the thumb inury, but also Michigan had no run game and their defense was uncharacteristically bad. So was their WRs. He was always trying to play catchup with a bunch of slow WRs. That's really hard. You need quick strikes offense when you're down 2-3 scores.

Michigan was a really bad team last year.
Again, Bailey is fundamentally better than Milton. He throws a more accurate deep ball but Bailey doesn’t pull the trigger like Milton will. Milton has lived off his arm talent which doesn’t equal solid fundamentals. Miltons feet aren’t consistently working with his upper body.

You had me till the end lol....the mental mistakes and not a complete passer will be the downfall. To much talent on the field and not just Milton. You got to have the least likely to make mistake and the one that can get into your playmakers hands.
Milton can learn fundamentals, Bailey can’t learn 6’5 245 and can run like a RB.
Edit: if both reached their peak Milton could outrun, and out throw Bailey. Bailey has to out think his competition much to the likes of Peyton. That’s a tall order in today’s game.

Reactions: Ertel
Options is why. I feel like I’m talking to a child...judged him? Seriously? Come on man....Listen to what they talk about....Skill sets they all have different skill sets ! For a every down Qb. I just feel like you have to go with the more pure passer. Now if we get further into fall practices and HB throws numerous interceptions then it’s a no brainer.
Options??
Remember they eventually reinstated Salter, to put them at 4. So really it SHOULD be at 5 right now. But Salter is an idiot.
My point? 3 was plenty. 4 yeah. 5 whoa! They were planning to have 5, so long as THE ONE that they absolutely needed ended up in orange.

Don't insult me because a difference of opinion. Calling me a child proves that you in fact are. You did judge, talking about he can't play the SEC, he lost his job at Michigan yet you don't know anything about him. Haven't even watched 5 mins of film about him....

I have no problem with Harrison Bailey being the starter. I'm just saying he won't be because he's not as good.
And Milton is a more advanced passer than him. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative...

Reactions: tbh
Milton can learn fundamentals, Bailey can’t learn 6’5 245 and can run like a RB.
Edit: if both reached their peak Milton could outrun, and out throw Bailey. Bailey has to out think his competition much to the likes of Peyton. That’s a tall order in today’s game.
All Bailey really needs is to get his body moving faster.
Hazele aluded to that. Part of processing the play is the QB just getting in position.
It will also help with his "zip".

But this doesn't happen overnight. Matt Leinart did it. So can Bailey eventually.

Reactions: murfvol1
Yep he sure doesn’t have that skill set...Not needed when your more accurate than the legs. Milton is from the 18’ class...Bailey was a freshman last year.! Sooooooo he has nothing to offer with the teaching he’s getting right now.? Wow

All Bailey really needs is to get his body moving faster.
Hazele aluded to that. Part of processing the play is the QB just getting in position.
It will also help with his "zip".

But this doesn't happen overnight. Matt Leinart did it. So can Bailey eventually.
I agree, but compared to the other three Bailey is limited with his mobility. He has to anticipate and read defenses more. Peyton scampered on bootlegs in college but he made his hey learning to dissect the defense. Like Hazele also said don’t be who you’re not. Bailey isn’t a runner.

Again, Bailey is fundamentally better than Milton. He throws a more accurate deep ball but Bailey doesn’t pull the trigger like Milton will. Milton has lived off his arm talent which doesn’t equal solid fundamentals. Miltons feet aren’t consistently working with his upper body.

I think fundamentally he's very sound. More so than Bailey. BUT he doesn't consistently do it.
So he's been trained well, but his desire and fire is what I question about him.

Milton will win the job. But will he keep it??

I'm just curious. Why couldn't Bailey rise clearly above Maurer in Spring? Why couldn't he rise clearly above Hooker?

Reactions: LittleVol
Yep he sure doesn’t have that skill set...Not needed when your more accurate than the legs. Milton is from the 18’ class...Bailey was a freshman last year.! Sooooooo he has nothing to offer with the teaching he’s getting right now.? Wow
I’m not saying Bailey can’t be successful, but who would you choose if Milton sharpens the fundamentals and becomes more accurate with touch? He’s still got three years left so the freshman thing is mute.

I think fundamentally he's very sound. More so than Bailey. BUT he doesn't consistently do it.
So he's been trained well, but his desire and fire is what I question about him.

Milton will win the job. But will he keep it??
Yes personally. If you are paying attention to my other conversation with VolMack I think Milton has little details to iron out fundamentally and offers more to win.

Reactions: Ertel and LittleVol

VN Store

Back