Swains thoughts on 3 P's eligibility

True, but most of those difficult classes were based on my major. By and large, the first 2 years of classes are general education classes and while I struggled with them, most of it was directly related to my motivation (i.e. I couldn't care less about philosophy or political science). At the same time, as students, we were well aware of how to pad our schedules with cupcakes and most everyone could tell you what classes those were.

You honestly help my point. He is a senior. I'd say he is taking some pretty intense classes right now

Don't understand the thing about Paulk... We're thin at RB, he's a former scholarship guy, was cleared on all charges... Why not just take him back...?

This. If you're not comfortable bringing him back unless you absolutely need him then don't bring him back at all.
I wish I got makeup exams lol

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it possible Pig is just genuinely struggling with school work? Not in a "he needs to get his act together because he is slacking" way, but more of a "this class was really hard and he had a hard time with it" way.

I know they get all the tutors and study time stuff, but if you've ever been a college student you understand some classes are just really hard. And some kids are just not natural students...I definitely fall into that category. Give the kid some slack. I highly doubt he is just intentionally saying "F$@* school."

Some people are so quick to burn these kids at the stake...they are KIDS. We (grown adults) worship this kids game played by 18-22 year old KIDS. And we freak out when they make dumb kid mistakes. Or in Pigs case, we freak out when he struggles with school work.

18-22 year olds aren't kids. They're adults.

Reactions: 5 people
Pearson - this was the most positive - fairly certain he will be back - case against Von very weak.

I'll believe this statement when Von Pearson is back on the team in a timely manner. If AJ's case is an indicator on how this plays out then Von Pearson is as good as gone, permanently.

I'll believe this statement when Von Pearson is back on the team in a timely manner. If AJ's case is an indicator on how this plays out then Von Pearson is as good as gone, permanently.

From what's been released, the two cases are very different. IDK what decision CBJ will make regarding Von's status with the team, but a rape case seems unlikely to stick. I thought he'd be back by summer, but others disagree.

Walken, with all due respect, what kind of women have you been hanging out with? The one's I have been around like having doors held open for them and don't kickbox every day. The way I was raised and how my son is being raised is to treat women with respect. There is a segment of the younger generations culture that is not practicing equality but denigrating women. Women should be treated equally but and a male should defend himself when attacked but under very few circumstances should a man ever physically assault a female. This is the action of a southern gentleman.

So do you teach your son that he should assault males which are smaller or weaker than him? Because unless you are, you are missing his point. That and you are still tuning your tv to uhf channels ... j/k

18-22 year olds aren't kids. They're adults.

Only by legality. Someone who has never had a job, paid bills, had kids, bought a house, or even filed taxes hardly sounds like an adult.

Literally the only things different from being an actual child is age, driving ability, and they live in a (paid for) dorm or apartment instead of mom and dad's house.

Kids.

Reactions: 3 people
Only by legality. Someone who has never had a job, paid bills, had kids, bought a house, or even filed taxes hardly sounds like an adult.

Literally the only things different from being an actual child is age, driving ability, and they live in a (paid for) dorm or apartment instead of mom and dad's house.

Kids.

Having 3 children over 22 I've lived to realize the term "adult" is in reference to a state of independence / competence and not a result of breathing for a certain number of years. :good!:

So do you teach your son that he should assault males which are smaller or weaker than him? Because unless you are, you are missing his point. That and you are still tuning your tv to uhf channels ... j/k

As in my post, defend oneself. Luckily my son is one of those types that jumps to the defense of people being assaulted. He has been trained and taught to defend himself, simple enough. I think his point is far more gray on the equality issue than stated. I work with many females and I teach some girls tennis on the side. Honestly, I think that the majority of females (exclude military types, Orange is the new black types..) enjoy the traditions of old and don't want to fully embrace true equality or better yet they want their cake and to eat it too. They want equal pay but cannot lift the 50 pounds so can they be treated equally for the same duty? Of my friends out of 10 couples only two of the households wives work. Does that sound equal? I really could care less about gender, race but this issue is much more complex and some of these questions have been asked by my teenage daughter I might add.

P.S. - remember this as I learned the hard way a time or two in my youth. It is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. One answer to your weaker, smaller statements.

Kids.

This gets old...

A 22 year old is not a kid... 18 straight from mom and dad go through a transition period but still not a kid. The human brain is completely developed by age 24...

Prolonging this "kid" status in our culture is a part of what's wrong in the American education system... I could go on for days but to call a 20 year old a kid is laughable.

Reactions: 3 people
As in my post, defend oneself. Luckily my son is one of those types that jumps to the defense of people being assaulted. He has been trained and taught to defend himself, simple enough. I think his point is far more gray on the equality issue than stated. I work with many females and I teach some girls tennis on the side. Honestly, I think that the majority of females (exclude military types, Orange is the new black types..) enjoy the traditions of old and don't want to fully embrace true equality or better yet they want their cake and to eat it too. They want equal pay but cannot lift the 50 pounds so can they be treated equally for the same duty? Of my friends out of 10 couples only two of the households wives work. Does that sound equal? I really could care less about gender, race but this issue is much more complex and some of these questions have been asked by my teenage daughter I might add.

P.S. - remember this as I learned the hard way a time or two in my youth. It is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. One answer to your weaker, smaller statements.

If you will look at my post one more time, you may notice the 'just kidding' at the end. Equality v sexism is not a debate I feel a need to join. My end point being, I don't want our players hitting anyone unless it's on the field. Otherwise, some form of unneeded trouble will follow.

Having 3 children over 22 I've lived to realize the term "adult" is in reference to a state of independence / competence and not a result of breathing for a certain number of years. :good!:

I got CHILDREN from 28 to 32, sometimes it takes a life time to grow up.:thud:

Kids.

Legal is all that matters. Would you call a 12 year old who works and pays bills 100 something years ago a kid? They have a job, pay bills, and file taxes.

A lot of adults never own a home.

This gets old...

A 22 year old is not a kid... 18 straight from mom and dad go through a transition period but still not a kid. The human brain is completely developed by age 24...

Prolonging this "kid" status in our culture is a part of what's wrong in the American education system... I could go on for days but to call a 20 year old a kid is laughable.

These "kids" vote, fill out a draft card, and can go to prison for life. They're adults when they're 18.

VN Store

Back