Targeting!

Doesn’t Bama have a bye next week? I think that LSU player will be back for the Bama game unless they have a bye too.

No. He's out for the first half of the next game, whenever it may be.

Some LSU fans are asking if they can quickly schedule a cupcake for next weekend so he can sit out THAT game instead :p

Reactions: TrentVol
There is nothing more sad than b17ching about officiating.

Also, had an ex friend who was an official that bragged one time about making bad calls just because he wanted to give his coach friend “home cooking”.
Now that’s some sad **** right there to do kids that way, and I let him know about it and why I stated an “EX” friend.
If you don’t think it happens at all levels, your naive as hell.

Several blocks in the back weren't called either. Shy was about to sack Tua on a big play and got hit dead in the back. TD Bama....

If officiating didn’t suck, there would be no “bitching” about it.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire!

We arent bitching about refs. we are pointing out how bama had helmet to helmet hits 3 times said and didnt get called for anything today.

And last week a bammer thug threw punches no ejection , Alontae Taylor throws a punch and is ejected today.

I thought the Jeremy Banks unsportsmanlike penalty was dumb also but it was probably a penalty

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
No, the point is Bama always gets the benefit of the doubt. How many holding penalties has Bama had in the last 10 years? Has that number past 20 yet? I remember 2 or 3 years ago, it was barely past 10.
Nothing says loser mentality more then bitching about the refs. Quick question how many games in your life have you claimed we won bc of them? I bet it’s none. So STFU and grow up.

We arent bitching about refs. we are pointing out how bama had helmet to helmet hits 3 times said and didnt get called for anything today.

And last week a bammer thug threw punches no ejection , Alontae Taylor throws a punch and is ejected today.

I thought the Jeremy Banks unsportsmanlike penalty was dumb also but it was probably a penalty

You are exactly right!

These are facts!

Reactions: TrentVol
Nothing says loser mentality more then bitching about the refs. Quick question how many games in your life have you claimed we won bc of them? I bet it’s none. So STFU and grow up.

We won the 2004 UF game because of a bad call by the refs. There you go.

Notice, I never said we lost today because of the refs. Neither did any other Vol fan. What you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I am pointing out that Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt on almost every 50/50 call. Do you think that is inaccurate?

We won the 2004 UF game because of a bad call by the refs. There you go.

Notice, I never said we lost today because of the refs. Neither did any other Vol fan. What you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I am pointing out that Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt on almost every 50/50 call. Do you think that is inaccurate?
Yes. It’s jealously and you are pulling it out of your ass.

And quite frankly it’s a loser mentality. Great you named one game. Every game people are blaming the refs. Obvi you didn’t blame this loss on that.

Reactions: The Original Fade
There is nothing more sad than b17ching about officiating.

Somewhat true, but if you can't get a call like that right with modern video production - why even have it? Nobody gets fired, nothing changes... same ole same ole. Bad calls happen, the frequency are high. Literally the SEC refs can't even spot the ball right after a tv timeout... nobody is held accountable or anything. (This seems much more frequent against certain teams)

The auburn call was reversed and what White did was just push the guy down. LOL The auburn guy literally put his helmet right in the guy's head.

I've been saying for some time, the refs don't get better in the SEC time to leave, whoever made that video review should be fired. White literally didn't hit him, he pushed him in the chest. The SEC posted the rule yet that rule pertains to the neck and head... not the freaking chest.

Last edited:
Also, had an ex friend who was an official that bragged one time about making bad calls just because he wanted to give his coach friend “home cooking”.
Now that’s some sad **** right there to do kids that way, and I let him know about it and why I stated an “EX” friend.
If you don’t think it happens at all levels, your naive as hell.

I hope you punched him in his ref whore mouth as well.

Yes. It’s jealously and you are pulling it out of your ass.

And quite frankly it’s a loser mentality. Great you named one game. Every game people are blaming the refs. Obvi you didn’t blame this loss on that.

Dude, I saw guys getting tackled by OL and it’s completely ignored. It is hard to believe but then you actually see it.

Reactions: Alto1
Taylor being ejected was a farce. To throw a player out for a play like that is pure BS, it football I can see if it is something terribly flagrant or dangerous but he got pushed and slapped his helmet. The NCAA has went overboard with these ejections. Kneejerk decisions.

I literally just watched an LSU player hit Fitzgerald like JG got hit by Bama. The LSU player was ejected!

I realize that the refs didn’t cause the loss but the game wasn’t called correctly!!!!
Again every week the SEC puts out great football and the worlds worst refs!

I would agree that the NCAA, and the SEC, needs to find some consistency in how targeting is called and reviewed. I saw what I thought was a clear case of targeting in the Auburn game, only to see it overturned on review. I'm not an official, but the wording of the rule leaves little room for interpretation. If the elements are met, it's targeting. There's no way to determine "intent"; you have to stick to the physical contact, and how it occurred.

Officiating should never tip the scales in a game, and I think there are several instances this season alone where a controversial call late in a game, or at a critical moment, has done just that. Maybe I'm just getting old(er) and cranky(er), but it seems to me that NCAA football officiating has become the "fourth phase" of the game.

Don't even get me started on some of the "pass interference" calls I've seen. The NCAA is becoming the NFL, where they should add a betting line on how many bs calls the officials make.

Rant over. Go Vols.

The first half was pretty hard to watch from an officiating perspective. There were some pretty flagrant blocks in the back against bama that weren't called, but it always seemed like everything Tennessee did was caught. I don't think most of the hits that get called targeting are really that bad, but to the rule the hit on JG was as much targeting as any of the plays kids have been ejected for. And to overturn the one on Bama... I couldn't believe that. The consistency of that call, for whatever reason, is horrible.

That is my point too. So much inconsistency with this targeting crap. It seems a team's best defensive player has to sit the past two weeks going into their bammer game. Batuli vs auburn and playing bummer the next week, and now the LSU defense's best player gets called for it and who do they play next? bummer. LSU player didn't target miss st qb. JG got hurt because the bammer player led with his helmet he should have been tossed. No call whatsoever. This rule was put in for safety and JG about got his head taken off pretty damn sad. It is wrong. My beef with bummer is they do not get called for holding until game is over and they get away with a lot of stuff defensively and it is not right. Can criticize me all you want as a loser's mentality but it has been going on for years.

VN Store

Back