Tennessee vs Indiana Mismatch

You realize they could look at our schedule and come to the same conclusion? They see Georgia State and BYU loss.
They could say we lost to two bad teams to start out the year but that would be ignoring our complete schedule and not look at how our season trended.

Reactions: lexkyvol
It depends on how each team shows up...I remember on Citrus Bowl against Penn State when we came out OK in the first quarter but by the second quarter it was clear our guys had been doing some serious partying instead of being ready for the game. You just don’t know what a bunch of 19-23 year old guys are gonna do...

I'll go with UT 38, IU 21. Much love to my alma mater, but they haven't faced anything near the level of SEC speed and physicality all season.

Lol
Its another big 10 team. You would think they would get the message.......unless your name is Penn State......may as well stay home.

Tennessee by whatever they want.

Has anybody looked inside Indiana's 8-4 record. It's misleading to say the least. It's very similar to UAB's record in that they have won a lot of games against opponents that were AWFUL. Indiana has not beaten a single team this year with a winning or even a break-even record. Their wins have come against Eastern Illinois (1-11), Connecticut (2-10), Rutgers (2-10), Maryland (3-9), Northwestern (3-9), Purdue (4-8), Ball State (5-7) and Nebraska (5-7). I know Tennessee didn't beat any of the big boys this year but dang we did beat one 9-4 team, two 7-5 teams and two 6-6 teams along with Vandy and SCar who had losing seasons. The bottom line is Tennessee should beat these Hooisers like a red-headed stepchild and finish with a very respectable 8-5 record. Who would have thunk it after the GaState and BYU games ... not me ... GBO!!!
If you’re saying it’s a mismatch because they beat a lot of awful teams , then it should be a hell of a game. Because everyone we beat was average to awful and a couple that beat us was too

Reactions: Lane Train 4
INDIANA WILL BE A 3 POINT FAVORITE OVER TENNESSEE
giphy.gif

Mismatch huh, I think everyone on here, incluing myself, thought that about Ga St. Let’s just be happy we r in a bowl game. Then hope the team takes care of business and ends on a positive note and with an 8-5 tecord and be happy with that.

I was going to blow leaves today but it was Sunday and we lost to Ga.State!

Reactions: rikberry31
You realize they could look at our schedule and come to the same conclusion? They see Georgia State and BYU loss.

Apparently you didn't read my entire post. Indiana has not beaten ANY TEAMS with a winning or even a break-even record. Tennessee has beaten FOUR TEAMS with a winning or break-even record. How do you see that as the same conclusion?

Last edited:
I went to grad school at Indiana, so like to keep one eye on them most years.

As long as our lads show up focused and hungry, this will not be a close game.

Go Vols!

I did my Ph.D. work at IU in cultural anthropology from 1996-2000. When were you up there, JP?

This game shouldn't be close. IU gained 120 yds/gm less against teams with a winning record than against teams with a losing record. They scored 17 ppg vs teams with a winning record and 36 ppg vs teams with a losing record. They're not very good on D either. Happy for the bowl but kind of disappointed with the opponent.

VN Store

Back