The good and bad from coach Mathews this morning

Our best unit and is championship calibre is the wr position. We all knew this. On the bright side, Hendrix and Burnett are better than advertised. The thinking was that they were brought in to grow into tackles and move inside. They are so athletic that they will remain as ends. This was super news. However, it changed our recruiting priorities.
Jakobson might be redshirted. I can see this personally as he is raw and not ready. Creamer might be redshirted. Need to find a position for him.
Now, the concern is that he is not very optimistic about the cornerback position and alluded to the fact that it and qb was the two most important position this recruiting cycle. On a personal note, I am a little disappointed that Evan Berry isn't making much noise.
Before closing, saulsberry and obrien are third team tackles. Sawyers and Mixson are backups to the Williams brothers. Saulsberry and obrien just are not athletic. Good ol' dools!
Wrong on more counts to list. You're delusional, mega-negavol.:crazy::crazy:

I am not surprised about the berry brothers. Many on here grossly overrated them because of their last name.

dont think its fair to judge them. i dont remember how eric did in fall camp when he first arrived. but i never expected to see them do anything but redshirt their freshman years.

I am not surprised about the berry brothers. Many on here grossly overrated them because of their last name.

I suppose you were expecting them to contend for the heisman?

Good grief let's give them a little time and at least make the 1st game before you consider them "grossly overrated"!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

I suppose you were expecting them to contend for the heisman?

Good grief let's give them a little time and at least make the 1st game before you consider them "grossly overrated"!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Nice to see a voice of reason. Even if both redshirt they can still end up being great players at UT.

Our best unit and is championship calibre is the wr position. We all knew this. On the bright side, Hendrix and Burnett are better than advertised. The thinking was that they were brought in to grow into tackles and move inside. They are so athletic that they will remain as ends. This was super news. However, it changed our recruiting priorities.
Jakobson might be redshirted. I can see this personally as he is raw and not ready. Creamer might be redshirted. Need to find a position for him.
Now, the concern is that he is not very optimistic about the cornerback position and alluded to the fact that it and qb was the two most important position this recruiting cycle. On a personal note, I am a little disappointed that Evan Berry isn't making much noise.
Before closing, saulsberry and obrien are third team tackles. Sawyers and Mixson are backups to the Williams brothers. Saulsberry and obrien just are not athletic. Good ol' dools!

Who is Jakobson?

fan2

/fan/

noun

plural noun: fans

a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art form, or famous person.
"football fans"

synonyms: enthusiast, devotee, admirer, lover; supporter, follower, disciple, adherent, zealot; expert, connoisseur, aficionado; informalbuff, bum, fiend, freak, nut, addict, junkie, fanatic, groupie "a basketball fan"

Origin

late 19th century (originally US): abbreviation of fanatic.

The rub is you don't know either. Let's discuss what we do know. There were more qualified candidates available, but UT decided to stick true to form and hire on a budget. Do you dispute that there are coaches out there with more qualifications? That is a known quantity. Is your claim these coaches had no interest in the UT job? Since we wouldn't budge on salary, we'll never know if it was no interest or no interest for the offered pay. This isn't too bash CBJ, but if you honestly believe he was the most qualified candidate, you're delusional. That's not saying he can't do a good job, but there were other coaches out there who had done more.

I question every coach until they prove they can win at UT. Hell, if our coach were Gruden, I'd still be about seeing him win with our team. I honestly don't care what a coach did elsewhere after he's hired. Once he's employed as a coach for the Vols, all I care about is whether we win or not. If the Vols aren't winning, then I'm not happy.

CBJ has done great at recruiting. Needs to show results of that on the field. I want to win. Pure and simple, I want to win.

You obviously didn't carefully read what I wrote. I never said Coach Jones was the most qualified candidate for our team. I also never said "more qualified coaches" were not interested in UT. You are making a lot of assumptions. The guy made a definitive statement that we will never know to be true, or not to be true.

"There are coaches UT could have hired that would have won more games and been more competitive with last year's roster than Jones was."

However, I do like Jones and believe the guy shouldn't be judged on one season or even two. It takes time to rebuild a team. Take a look at the players and the depth chart last year. It was pretty bad. I'll say it again. People tend to forget. We were down to our 4th string qb last year who also was a true freshmen.

In conclusion, there is no evidence that any coach in America "would have won more games."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is the worst OP i've ever seen. It literally sounds like you picked random guys from the roster and are trying to stir up trouble and throw in brief positives to defend yourself. If you going to use someones name at least be sure you have the right name.

What a joke.

This is the worst OP i've ever seen. It literally sounds like you picked random guys from the roster and are trying to stir up trouble and throw in brief positives to defend yourself. If you going to use someones name at least be sure you have the right name.

What a joke.

Doug Mathews has been know to have some bailey's in his coffee

VN Store

Back