TheButch Jones thread (merged)

I also have grown tired of Butch and his rag tag band of coordinators. Even a mediocre coach would have won that game today. Our HC/OC/DC trio is hands down the worst in the SEC.

I remember Shoop making fun of Jancek giving up that 4th and 14. Shoop has now given up 60+ yard losing passes to Ga (only a Hail Mary saved his @ss) and Fl. Which is worse, Bob?

Get us a real staff in Knoxville. Please.

Ive been neutral but Ive seen enough. Fire Butch, Fire Shoop, and Fire Larry Scott. If Currie doesnt do this by tomorrow morning, Fire Currie too.

We are the 3rd best team in Tennessee.

Lets beat A&M to the punch...

I've given away my tickets for the rest of the year to my kids. I will not renew or attend another game until this whole high school staff is gone. Keep RG, but the rest can all go back to the MAC where they belong.

I just saved myself a ton of money and did not have to change to GEICO to do it.

Do you want a ******* cookie??

That was one horrible game on both sides! Neither Jones & McElwain are SEC coaches! The play calling on our last offensive possession was laughable!! Only our VOLS can find the most screwed up ways to lose to the Gators!!

This was just pathetic. Team played not to lose, and that falls on coaching. Horrible play calling until down by 10. Im done with UT until they fire butch and co.

tenor.gif

This was just pathetic. Team played not to lose, and that falls on coaching. Horrible play calling until down by 10. Im done with UT until they fire butch and co.

HAA!
Done? If it was that easy to just be done, we'd would all be done by now.
We would and you know it.
We somehow continue to watch the debacle, week after week.... :banghead2:

Still gonna root for this team. There are some ballers out there. Unfortunately the coaching staff does them no favors. I don't dislike CBJ and wish him success, but we've seen over and over his team isn't gonna get past 8 win seasons and mid-tier bowl games.

Don't wait until we get a coach, fire him now! Coach Fulmer can step in as interim, can not do any worse.

On that last series there's no excuse for allowing there to be another Florida possession...with the exception of a quick TN td. We should've run twice to ensure they would have another possession.
Someone's said earlier that a 13 year old that plays madden has a better understanding of how to coach than butch. I recognized it his very first season. And some of y'all made excfor him. Like wait till he gets his own players. Bla bla bla. He's just a terrible coach. The positive of this loss is that butch is one loss closer to us hiring a great coach.

LOL. Here they come. Fire this fire that. If we make plays that we are in position to make, we win this game. Plain and simple. Too many to count.

Coaching things I disagree with? Sure. But we were in position(s) to win this game.

I just don't know why Martin peeled off to take the short field receiver and leave Abernathy on an island like that ....

We were in a position to go to OT IN SPITE OF the coaching.

For making Tennessee a punchline with all the cliches and choking. This is what Tennessee has become.

Wish we could fire "fans" instead.

Why? The fans have done their part, they've bought tickets, t-shirts, cheered hard, but now, anymore, it's a constant series of letdowns.

You sycophants that ride Jones' jock and refuse to be critical are part of the problem.

Okay then, you can **** right off. Since I'm not a fairweather fan, I'll root for this team win or lose.

Sometimes, you have to force the hand of the admin by not showing support to inspire better conditions. It seems that the only one who still supports butch have to reduce conversation to name calling and cussing.

Unmerge the thread, mods. The "Fire Butch" message deserves as many posts as possible.

My first time on the wagon to fire Butch but I am definitely there now. He's a great mediocre coach but we deserve better. We will never be a powerhouse with him at the helm.

VN Store

Back