There's no reason we shouldn't be able to upset Alabama

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19337-1370862806-1.gif

Reactions: GAVol21
I love the optimism. I really do.
But we are years away from this caliber of football.
I fully expect something like 77-3.

Reactions: 08Vol
UT will have the 2 best offensive lineman, best CB, best LB on the field Saturday. if JG doesn't play we have more than a chance.

Surtain is going to be the 1st CB drafted and he doesn’t wear orange. Bama has 3 guys on offense that are good enough to be invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony. Only way this is a close game is if Saban goes easy on his former coach.

Reactions: QU1ZE
Try to forget about our qb situation for just a second and listen.

Let’s not forget Mac Jones is the qb that came in for Tua last year whom we limited and just about took it to the wire in Tuscaloosa. Given he is better this year, but could we be in his head just a little? Will he come out trying to prove himself and force some things? Will our d be opportunistic and create turnovers? Pressure the qb with some new schemes now that Pruitt is coaching the d line? Is Mac jones a rolled ankle away from us repeating our performance from last year and taking advantage of their backup?

Just thinking out loud.

We had an opportunity last year, and despite the last 2 games, we're still a better team than we were at that point last season. Our offensive line is certainly better, and we should be able to have a lot of success running the ball against Alabama's less-than stellar defense.

As long as we can continue to be competent on defense, and our offense doesn't put us in a huge whole to start the game (JG), we can definitely keep the game close, if not coming close to a possible upset near the end of the game.

But the biggest thing this will depend on is QB. We won't have a chance if JG is the guy. But if we have someone else behind the center, I feel that would do a lot for the excitement within the players on the field, and that they would play hard and rally around a new guy. But that energy will be nonexistent if it's JG they're playing with.

Put the past 2 weeks behind us. With a bit of perspective and the right moves by the coaches (I know, I know. Pruitt hasn't made the right move at QB as of yet), this can definitely be a game with upset potential.

For starters, we need decent quarterbacking and zero turnovers.

We had an opportunity last year, and despite the last 2 games, we're still a better team than we were at that point last season. Our offensive line is certainly better, and we should be able to have a lot of success running the ball against Alabama's less-than stellar defense.

As long as we can continue to be competent on defense, and our offense doesn't put us in a huge whole to start the game (JG), we can definitely keep the game close, if not coming close to a possible upset near the end of the game.

But the biggest thing this will depend on is QB. We won't have a chance if JG is the guy. But if we have someone else behind the center, I feel that would do a lot for the excitement within the players on the field, and that they would play hard and rally around a new guy. But that energy will be nonexistent if it's JG they're playing with.

Put the past 2 weeks behind us. With a bit of perspective and the right moves by the coaches (I know, I know. Pruitt hasn't made the right move at QB as of yet), this can definitely be a game with upset potential.

Drunk already it looks like.

Drunk already it looks like.
VFF will need a Doug Adkins 91 type intervention after the game. Kinda like Timmy Tebow did after he proclaimed the Vols a Top Ten team. "Alcohol was involved" no other explanation.

Last edited:
Goodness people. I know the odds are slim, but it is not impossible. We were close last year. We were close in 2015. We were close in 2009. Like....I know Bama is talented. I know that it's not likely. But sheesh, don't call yourselves fans and then pretend like there is no way in the world our group of guys could possibly win. You don't have to be surprised if we lose, you don't have to say "I told you so," but at least recognize that every game starts out 0-0 and there's always a chance. Epic collapses have happened before, yes, by teams other than us.

Reactions: chuckb1448
I've had a feeling this was a game we would win all off-season. I thought we would lose to Georgia and Florida (didn't see the Kentucky game coming) but beat Alabama.

I don't know how but we're winning the game tomorrow and shocking the world of college football.

Goodness people. I know the odds are slim, but it is not impossible. We were close last year. We were close in 2015. We were close in 2009. Like....I know Bama is talented. I know that it's not likely. But sheesh, don't call yourselves fans and then pretend like there is no way in the world our group of guys could possibly win. You don't have to be surprised if we lose, you don't have to say "I told you so," but at least recognize that every game starts out 0-0 and there's always a chance. Epic collapses have happened before, yes, by teams other than us.
There will be no Alabama collapse.
In lieu of pay, Wee Little Nicky has to guarantee the hornblower that he gets to smoke a cigar.

There will be no Alabama collapse.
In lieu of pay, Wee Little Nicky has to guarantee the hornblower that he gets to smoke a cigar.
lol.
I'd love to win. I'll never say there's not a chance. I've seen us be in games with Bama that we had no business being in (last year, 2015, 2009). However, if we don't win, I just want to see improvement and fight. And a quarterback not named Jarrett Guarantano.

I'm going to watch every second tomorrow and hope that we win every down. Do I expect us to win every down? No. Do I expect us to win? No. However, I'm watching just the same as all you NegaVols... There's always HOPE! NegaVols live a negative life, because you have unrealistic expectations of everything around you. It is tiresome to always explain how next season is the one, but I'm hopeful.

Somehow you can deduce: people who have heard the same things every year for more than a decade and it turns out to be untrue.....and then those people start calling it how they see it, they stop “sugar” coating everything, and aren’t as positive as they used to be........live a negative life.......and they have unrealistic expectations of “everything” around them.

Wow......you understand not everyone watches a game or is a fan of a team and makes that their life......every day all day......right? Better yet not everyone who posts on a “message board” lives the message board all day every day, letting that influence their decision making process all day every day........right?

I'd rather support a horrible team that never gives up rather than a decent one that quits in the third quarter being down by a measly 17 points.
Against Kentucky.(finished your post)
When a team quits, it is just a matter of time for the HC.
We all had hope for CJP and ADPF.

Somehow you can deduce: people who have heard the same things every year for more than a decade and it turns out to be untrue.....and then those people start calling it how they see it, they stop “sugar” coating everything, and aren’t as positive as they used to be........live a negative life.......and they have unrealistic expectations of “everything” around them.

Wow......you understand not everyone watches a game or is a fan of a team and makes that their life......every day all day......right? Better yet not everyone who posts on a “message board” lives the message board all day every day, letting that influence their decision making process all day every day........right?
21 painting with a wide brush there for sure.

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back