Tight end Kyle Oliver leaving the program

yes it would. Tennessee is talking to the NCAA about getting the scholarship back from Swafford which would make it 21. And from what I read Oliver was a blueshirt.

Thanks. I didn't realize he was a blue shirt. I thought he signed an LOI. Good to know.

I hate losing someone at a position of little depth.
And, I really hate losing another in state player.
Alex Ellis is going to have to step up now.

Oliver was never likely to take PT from Ellis. At his weight, he was almost certain to RS.

bc Oliver is not here? he was redshirting anyway. Still will have 5 or 6 TEs next yr. Theres four guys ahead of him this season. Relax.

Yep. I don't see why some are making such a huge deal out of this. Hate it for him personally, but he'll probably have better opportunities to play elsewhere. He would have most likely been nothing but a role player here anyway.

Wolf is a solid starter and only a Sophomore.
Ellis should be a good backup as a RS Sr.
Creamer has a ton of upside and is still only a RS Fr.
Branisel is a RS So and Stocstill is a RS Jr, and both provide decent depth.
Also, don't forget about Eli Wolf, if he can develop into anything like Ethan, then he might be a solid contributor down the road.
We've got D. Brooks and A. Pope coming in this class, and the both look pretty talented (Brooks especially).

In other words, this ain't that big of a loss. Oliver looked like a nice prospect, but in the end he was a work-in-progress project who would have been buried on the depth chart for awhile. Next man up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Yep. I don't see why some are making such a huge deal out of this. Hate it for him personally, but he'll probably have better opportunities to play elsewhere. He would have most likely been nothing but a role player here anyway.

Wolf is a solid starter and only a Sophomore.
Ellis should be a good backup as a RS Sr.
Creamer has a ton of upside and is still only RS Fr.
Branisel is a RS So and Stocstill is a RS Jr, and both provide decent depth.
Also, don't forget about Eli Wolf, if he could develop into anything like Ethan, then he might be a solid contributor down the road.
We've got D. Brooks and A. Pope coming in this class, and the both look pretty talented (Brooks especially).

In other words, this ain't that big of a loss. Oliver looked like a nice prospect, but in the end he was a work-in-progress project who would have been buried on the depth chart for awhile. Next man up.

I'm really excited about Wolf the Lesser once he's had a couple years to bulk up and learn the system. I suspect he'll be on scholarship and in the 2 deep one day.

Reactions: 2 people
Not knocking on Butch but can you not see these kids aren't competitive when he recruits them? We have never had so many transfers in the history of Tn football. These kids don't want to compete for playing time.

Thats why they're called "millennials". They're owed a starting position. :loco:

Reactions: 2 people
There was nothing that would make anyone think Oliver was going to be "a great one".

When a player commits, or attends here, they are the greatest on earth. Until, they leave for whatever reason :)

Reactions: 8 people
And doing the math from the time of the Mosley incident until today, what could have been processed in that amount of time?

Other sources state that he was in the car. My assumption is that they were both test and positive. Since he was dismissed for violation for unspecified team rules, it sounds like this was his 3rd failed test.

As I posted in the other thread, Kyle Oliver was Charles Mosley's accomplice. Looks like he might have provided the "product" and then allowed Mosley to drive under the influence.

There's got to be more to it than that. Someone is dismissed for "allowing" someone else to drive under the influence, but the one who actually did the driving is still on the team? I'm not buying.

Reactions: 1 person
After the "it's my way or hit the door" meeting that CBJ had which by all accounts was highly successful ....this is not the time to be doing anything to get in his doghouse... Because it's becoming clear he ain't putting up with it!!!! And with the team leadership being on board that makes the bond even stronger.... DO THINGS RIGHT ARE LEAVE!!!

I thought Bruce and Perry were the only 2 blue-shirts we had? I wish Helm would of stuck it out with the Vols. Helm and Wolf could of been a great duo at TE.

I think it's just 20 unless you're counting Swofford spot which still hasn't been cleared up yet I think... It's a little confusing after a while

21 came from one of the media guys earlier today. I don't remember which one.

As I posted in the other thread, Kyle Oliver was Charles Mosley's accomplice. Looks like he might have provided the "product" and then allowed Mosley to drive under the influence.

What part of "Ye shall not smoke or even be near weed if you are chosen to wear the Blessed Orange" do these kids not understand?

Yo: give up weed and play on a national stage for a chance at glory and get a degree and maybe even make millions...or smoke pot and go back to McDonald's and a chance at glory that nobody notices at a school that nobody cares about.

WEED OR BALL, gentlemen...make your choice.

Reactions: 4 people
Oliver was a 3* signee...not a Blueshirt.

Despite his loss the Vols are pretty well set at TE with Ellis, Branisel, Craemer, Stocstill, Jumper, and the Wolf brothers...No problem at that position. :rock:

Oliver would have probably been a Redshirt this year anyway. No great loss.

Despite his loss the Vols are pretty well set at TE with Ellis, Branisel, Craemer, Stocstill, Jumper, and the Wolf brothers...No problem at that position. :rock:

Our media guys disagree with you on this.

...Kyle Oliver was Charles Mosley's accomplice. Looks like he might have provided the "product"....

There's got to be more to it than that. Someone is dismissed for "allowing" someone else to drive under the influence, but the one who actually did the driving is still on the team? I'm not buying.

Yeah, of course there's more. We just don't know what the "more" is. Some have implied previous failed drug test(s). We just don't know. But Butch does.

Plus, you disregarded the part where Carlos implied Oliver was the one who brought the drugs to the party. That ramps his culpability up quite a bit, I'd imagine....

Have faith in Butch. He's got somewhere between ten and a hundred times as much info as we do.

Our media guys disagree with you on this.

Disagree with which part, 8188? That Oliver was a 3*? Or that he wasn't a blueshirt? Or that we have pretty good depth at TE? Not clear which part you meant....

As I recall, de1 confirmed he was a "blueshirt" not sure if Hubbs/P Fort/Callahan ever commented on it. Sometimes media guys will keep that information secret - because it's supposed to be up to the kid to release that info to the public.

VN Store

Back