Trade Butch for James Franklin .....all day

All coaches follow players to bars, check their pockets, encourage them to drug young girls, drag to a dorm, rape and video it...yeah that's on him.

I think we should start a Darwin award for Volnation..... Here's your first nominee!

Franklin is a giant douche and a huge POS. OP must have forgotten all he said about Tennessee. I'll take Butch over that asshat everday.

Reactions: 5 people
I think we should start a Darwin award for Volnation..... Here's your first nominee!

Thanks....obviously blue font. But how are these coaches supposed to babysit 85 players. He hadid nothing to do with the crime.

Franklin is a players' coach. Butch will never be confused as that.

It's pretty well known that Franklin isn't liked by his players. A handful of Vandy players are on record saying so and I'd guess it's the same at PSU. He's an arrogant, condescending ass.....those qualities don't equal players coach IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks....obviously blue font. But how are these coaches supposed to babysit 85 players. He hadid nothing to do with the crime.

What did JoePa have to do with the crime? Yet you still call PSU child rape U.

Correct as I was speaking to the reputation he had to recruit to and the sanctions he had to deal with.......and he is currently playing in the championship game of this year's strongest conference if you took bama away from the SEC

Correct as I was speaking to the reputation he had to recruit to and the sanctions he had to deal with.......and he is currently playing in the championship game of this year's strongest conference if you took bama away from the SEC

Brother I don't want to keep arguing with you. Mainly because its over something that would never happen. I never said he wasn't good at X's and O's. I just said there is more to being the coach of a college team than that. Moral character, pride, integrity are all qualities I want in the coach of our program. From what I have heard from someone with first hand knowledge and experience with Franklin, it makes me seriously question all the attributes I listed.

Reactions: 3 people
Brother I don't want to keep arguing with you. Mainly because its over something that would never happen. I never said he wasn't good at X's and O's. I just said there is more to being the coach of a college team than that. Moral character, pride, integrity are all qualities I want in the coach of our program. From what I have heard from someone with first hand knowledge and experience with Franklin, it makes me seriously question all the attributes I listed.
Fair enough.

What about the football players at Vandy that raped that unconscious girl when he was there. What's that called?

Uhm... some of our former players are still under investigations.

And how is that Butch or James Franklin's fault regardless???

Franklin down 21-7 and just gambled on 4th and 2 in his own territory...and lost. Lol. He can pound sand. Hope Wisconsin beats him 70-7

Justin Fuente may lose this game by 50, but I'd rather have him as coach than Franklin or Butch, and it's not even CLOSE

Franklin was there?

I would be 99% sure that one of the assistant coaches contacted him to inform him of the situation. When someone in that dorm reported that their wallet had been stolen and security looked at the security video, I am sure that somehow, someway one of the players told their position coach, who then told Franklin.
So, no, Franklin had no knowledge of it the night the rape took place but he knew more than he led to know. They players involved filled him in completely and that is more than the investigators knew at that time.
Irony is that PSU wanted to distance itself from sexual scandals after the Paterno/Sandusky situation yet they hire Franklin who had his own sexual scandal going on.....

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't he also flip off TN fans in the south end zone?

He did that out of jealousy. He wanted to be the Vols Coach and was jealous that he wasn't.
Remember Gilbert Aeranous, who played in the NBA for Washington Wizards. Due to Duke not being interested in recruiting him, he would verbally take jabs at coach K. He would say that Duke is a white boy school, etc. etc. and he hated Duke.
It was because he was jealous of them and had been rejected by them.. Same thing goes for James Franklin.
Deep down, he wants to be a Vol....

Justin Fuente may lose this game by 50, but I'd rather have him as coach than Franklin or Butch, and it's not even CLOSE

He walked into a great situation w Foster staying on. But last season, I had a feeling that we had unfortunate timing, wished we could have been in a position to hire Fuente. Battle of Bristol was fools gold.

Reactions: 2 people
I would be 99% sure that one of the assistant coaches contacted him to inform him of the situation. When someone in that dorm reported that their wallet had been stolen and security looked at the security video, I am sure that somehow, someway one of the players told their position coach, who then told Franklin.
So, no, Franklin had no knowledge of it the night the rape took place but he knew more than he led to know. They players involved filled him in completely and that is more than the investigators knew at that time.
Irony is that PSU wanted to distance itself from sexual scandals after the Paterno/Sandusky situation yet they hire Franklin who had his own sexual scandal going on.....

So, all just opinion.....

Look, I'm no fan of Jimi Frank but coaches are hired to coach and win football games not be baby sitters.. The players are legal adults and the onus is on them to NOT behave like criminals and/or sexual deviants...

Reactions: 3 people

PSU is sure paying through the nose to victims AND. To the aast coach who tried to tell Paterno what he saw happening in the shower. IMO JOEPA just would not believe his buddy would do such things

That's nothing...didn't Butch say F all them to his own fans?:ermm:

He denies that and Jerry Glanville was adamant that with the "double headphone" Butch couldn't have heard the fans booing. But on second thought, I think I'd give Butch extra credit if he were to flip off the fans at Florida or Georgia.

VN Store

Back