Umm, one of our coaches tried to trip a Ole miss player on the sideline

Not sure but that should be his last game at UT. That's fu%&ing embarrassing.

You know this how most of you geniuses think on here when anything happens. So stupid that fans like you go for the fahr card first. I wish someone followed you around and said fire you every time something little happened.

Yes, it's all over Facebook. The majority, however, could see he was trying to protect himself and get out of the way. The embarrassing thing to me is the fact that Ole Miss, Florida, And Bama fans realized it, but our own fans are trying to cut his throat. Before the season, everyone expected (or should have) a 6-6 or 7-5 record at the most. Now that we're in season, the same bunch are crying over it. Either support the team and coaching staff, or stop watching the games and take up sewing.

Reactions: 5 people
You know this how most of you geniuses think on here when anything happens. So stupid that fans like you go for the fahr card first. I wish someone followed you around and said fire you every time something little happened.
Trying to trip a player is "something little"? I'd like to hear his side first , of course, but if he was then there's no question about it. You fire him.

Reactions: 1 person
To those of you who are saying this is nothing, I would bet if someone on Ole Miss sideline did this, you would be saying how crappy and classless it was.

Naw we wouldn't because this happens like every game. Only little girls complain about what happens on the sidelines

I don't think this was intentional at all. What would be the reason, try to do keep the player from scoring? He was already out of bounds. Looks to me like he was either protecting his junk or just keeping his balance. His leg actually appears to swing around the Ole Miss players leg and then go up like a kick after the player had already passed him. I don't seen a coach intentionally trying to trip a player here.

Going in and watching the video, with the assumption that the coach is trying to trip the player, skews the entire way one looks at the video.

It's unfair.

Personally, I think he stuck out his foot in reaction to the ball being temporarily dropped.

Trying to trip a player is "something little"? I'd like to hear his side first , of course, but if he was then there's no question about it. You fire him.

It's what we do. We fire coaches over anything. I get it. Nothing happened, he didn't make contact and who cares.

Not only do we have a bad team, we have people on the coaching staff trying to intentionally injure the opponent. Bad sportsmanship.....should be reprimanded!!!

I think that may be a bit much. If tripping a football player with full pads on and a helmet hurts him, he's playing the wrong sport. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I doubt his intention is to hurt the player. If he is, he is going about it the wrong way.

I kinda thought it might have a reactionary moment where he's trying to keep the player away.. what does he full speed version look like.. not the slowed down version?

If he was trying to trip him than the coach should be reprimanded.

Apparently us fans who care about the integrity of this program. This was a b!tch move. Whoever the guys is deserves to be fired.

Correct. This is an absolutely crushing blow to the integrity of the program. I don't see how we'll ever recover from this.

I kinda thought it might have a reactionary moment where he's trying to keep the player away.. what does he full speed version look like.. not the slowed down version?

If he was trying to trip him than the coach should be reprimanded.

I agree...i think it can be argued that he wasn't trying to trip him at all. It would not be the first time someone did something that was misinterpreted from his original intentions. Sure...that's what it looks like. Was it what he was really intending or not may be different. I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt to be honest.

I agree...i think it can be argued that he wasn't trying to trip him at all. It would not be the first time someone did something that was misinterpreted from his original intentions. Sure...that's what it looks like. Was it what he was really intending or not may be different. I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt to be honest.
We don't listen to rationale, we throw our own under the bus and think later. Oh yeah, we fire anybody over anything. It's our thing.

I do not believe you will ever see this type of crap from a Professional, adult, SEC Quality Coach. Don't think for one minute, this won't be a topic of discussion in Alabama this week. There is NO place in UT Football for this type of crap, we are far better than that.
Yeah I can hear Kiffin now,"watch out guys they are out to trip you..play extra hard. "

VN Store

Back