Updated Bowl Projections

I think the team would be slightly disappointed if they go to the Liberty or Music City Bowl this year, after going to the TaxSlayer Bowl in FL last year (6-6).

At 8-4 they will have achieved far more than last year, but would be going to a "worse" bowl in their minds (I know they are reportedly equal in the conferences mind but the Florida bowls are clearly the best ones in that group).

Am I unique in that I don't really care? As long as we go 8-4 in the regular season, I'll be happy with whatever they give us.
Even if it's something like the Liberty Bowl, selling 9 wins will be dynamite for Butch in January.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow, I love that people think Michigan is unbeatable because they have Harbaugh. Pansies.

Man, I hate going to the liberty bowl. I want somewhere warm.

The Liberty Bowl at night can be brutally cold, especially when the wind comes howling across the Big Muddy. At least it's scheduled as an early afternoon game this year which should make it more tolerable.

SB Nation has Ole Miss in Sugar..they had Florida there earlier..bet they have them losing the next two games
We are penciled into the Outback vs Northwestern

Updated bowl projections, with Michigan State and Oklahoma in the College Football Playoff - SBNation.com

CBS has us in the Liberty Bowl vs Kansas State...I just don't see us falling that far
NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

Campus Insiders(who are they?)
has us in Liberty vs West Virginia
2015-2016 College Football Bowl Projections After Week 12 -

UF will lose to FSU. Alabama &whoever they draw in bowl. They will take a 3 loss streak into the next season. UF is a 7&5 or 6 &6 team that some how won 10 games.... go figure.

Reactions: 1 person
The Liberty Bowl at night can be brutally cold, especially when the wind comes howling across the Big Muddy. At least it's scheduled as an early afternoon game this year which should make it more tolerable.

You got that right. Several years ago I went with a client from Arkansas. They played East Carolina and it was cold as an Alaska well diggers rear.

I suppose it's up to the bowl, and I wouldn't mind a Florida-OSU matchup here in my backyard, but I don't like the notion of Florida, which won its division and beat Ole Miss having Ole Miss get the Sugar Bowl spot.

We are 2nd in the SECE, arguably the 5th best team in the SEC, I don't see that as being Liberty Bowl level.

I say we end up in the Outback or better.

Reactions: 3 people
I suppose it's up to the bowl, and I wouldn't mind a Florida-OSU matchup here in my backyard, but I don't like the notion of Florida, which won its division and beat Ole Miss having Ole Miss get the Sugar Bowl spot.

I agree..you do your part and win the east you should get the number 2 bowl, I'm thinking ahead till next year :) really want to go back to Nawlins

I hope they are right. A lot of places keep projecting us to be in the Liberty Bowl, but I think we will get a bump up to the Outback Bowl. Northwestern should be a good game and a game UT can win.

If we didn't go to the Liberty last year, at 6-6, we sure as he double hockey sticks won't this year

If we didn't go to the Liberty last year, at 6-6, we sure as he double hockey sticks won't this year

Exactly. I think SB Nation will be right. I think we will get a Fl bowl too. Like u said, we did last year. That is why I think we will go to Outback. It wouldn't make much sense for us to be in the Liberty Bowl this year when our record is better.

We are 2nd in the SECE, arguably the 5th best team in the SEC, I don't see that as being Liberty Bowl level.

I say we end up in the Outback or better.

Again, those six bowls are considered equal in the eyes of the placing committee at the SEC office. So doesn't matter what we are ranked

Reactions: 2 people
I think the SEC places us in both of those bowls so there is no "bump up". There are six that are considered equal

Yep, I know. I think most people on here consider it a "bump up" though. If it's the liberty bowl, I probably won't go. If it is the Outback Bowl, I probably will go. I think the players will consider it to be a better bowl too.

VN Store

Back