Updated Bowl Projections

and don't forget the rather nice gifts...I think the Belk bowl gives 500 dollar gift cards to each player plus other gifts

Monetary limits are the same, regardless of the bowl game.

From last year:

The NCAA allows each bowl to award up to $550 worth of gifts to 125 participants per school. Schools can, and usually do, buy additional gifts that they can distribute to participants beyond that 125 limit. In addition, participants can receive awards worth up to $400 from the school and up to $400 from the conference for postseason play, covering both conference title games and any bowl game.

CFP, new bowls boost spending on gifts - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Seriously? I did not know that. Cool 😎

Here are some of the gifts from the bowls last year

BOWL GAME GIFTS
R+L Carriers New Orleans Fossil watch
Gildan New Mexico AudioSource Sound portable/mobile speaker; mobile phone charger; Oakley Works backpack; Oakley Enduro sunglasses/beanie; cap; Gildan blanket

Royal Purple Las Vegas Oakley Works backpack
Famous Idaho Potato Ohio backpack; winter coat; winter gloves; winter beanie; Big Game football

Raycom Media Camellia Fossil watch; cap; souvenir pylon; football

Miami Beach Under Armour sunglasses; Under Armour cap;Oakley Halifax backpack; electronics product

San Diego County
Credit Union Poinsettia $395 Best Buy gift card; Fossil watch; cap

Popeyes Bahamas Bowl Ogio Marshall Pack backpack; New Era 39Thirty cap

Hawaii Bowl Oakley Holbrook sunglasses; Oakley Works backpack; Tori Richard aloha shirt; Pro Athletics t-shirt/shorts/swim trunks; beach towel

Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Ogio Marshall Pack backpack; beanie; Big Game football

Quick Lane $250 Best Buy gift card; Sony headphones; custom-made Fathead for each player with their likeness; various apparel; football

Bitcoin St. Petersburg Oakley Breadbox sunglasses; Oakley Works backpack

Military Microsoft Xbox One console; Under Armour backpack; Might Boom Ball speakers; beanie

Hyundai Sun Timely Watch Co. watch; Ogio Politan backpack;
Helen of Troy hair dryer; Majestic fleece pullover; Top of the World cap

Duck Commander
Independence Timely Watch Co. watch; New Era ski cap; football

New Era Pinstripe Variety of New Era products

National University
Holiday $445 Best Buy gift card and shopping trip; Fossil watch; cap

AutoZone Liberty Sol Republic Deck Ultra wireless bluetooth speaker; Bulova watch; Nike athletic shoes/sport sandals/backpack; game ball

Russell Athletic $447 Best Buy gift card and shopping trip; watch; athletic performance shirt

AdvoCare V100 Texas adidas Team Speed duffel bag; cap; belt buckle

Franklin American Mortgage
Music City Fossil watch

Belk Shopping trip to Belk department store; Fossil watch

Foster Farms Fossil watch

Chick-fil-A Peach $300 Vanilla Visa gift card; Chick-fil-A gift card; Apple TV; Fossil watch; football

Vizio Fiesta Fossil watch; Ogio Rogue backpack
Capital One Orange Tourneau watch

Outback $150 Best Buy gift card; Outback Steakhouse gift card; Fossil watch; Jostens rings; cap

Cotton Information not available; bowl committee would not disclose

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus $447 Best Buy gift card and shopping trip; watch; athletic performance shirt
Rose Fossil watch; Oakley Works backpack; New Era 59Fifty cap

Allstate Sugar Fossil watch; New Era cap

Lockheed Martin
Armed Forces Ogio Marshall Pack backpack; beanie; Big Game football

TaxSlayer Panasonic gift suite; Fossil watch

Valero Alamo GoPro Hero4 Silver camera and 32MB memory card; Fossil watch; Oakley Works backpack; Schutt mini helmet; panoramic photo

TicketCity Cactus Fossil watch; Ogio Rogue backpack
Birmingham Oakley sunglasses; beanie; hooded sweatshirt; Big Game football

GoDaddy Sol Republic Tracks Air wireless/bluetooth on-ear headphones; watch; Coleman chair; military style backpack; Wilson football

CFP Championship Information not available; bowl committee would not disclose

Reactions: 1 person
Best and worst bowl gifts...I have to admit having your own Fathead is pretty cool :)

Three best bowl game gift baskets

1. Quick Lane Bowl

$250 Best Buy gift card; Sony headphones; custom-made Fathead for each player with their likeness; various apparel; football

There's nothing quite like the permanence of having your own personalized Fathead. Long after those video game consoles are obsolete and headphones broken, that Fathead will stand the test of time. For those players who go on to the NFL it's a perfect addition to their trophy room. For others it will look wonderful in the window of the flagship store in a small, poorly run chain of car washes where it will become sun-bleached and sad for decades to come.

2. Military Bowl

Microsoft Xbox One console; Under Armour backpack; Might Boom Ball speakers; beanie

Getting an Xbox One is dope, especially if it comes with a decent game packed it. Worst-case scenario a player can flip that thing on Craigslist for something truly useful. Cap it off with a solid backpack, a vibration speaker and beanie and it's pretty much the go-to kit of stuff a college-aged kid would want.

3. National University Holiday Bowl

$445 Best Buy gift card and shopping trip; Fossil watch; cap

Super solid, all around. You might wonder why this doesn't rank above the Military Bowl given you could just go to the Best Buy and get an Xbox One, but that's simple -- tax. No, not sales tax, the tax on your soul for actually needing to drive and set foot in a Best Buy to redeem your gift. Then you'll wind up with like, $32 on that card, have no idea how to spend it, lose it, find it six months later and realize it expired only to hate yourself and suffer regret.

Who's got time for all that baggage?

Three worst bowl game gift baskets

1. Belk Bowl

Shopping trip to Belk department store; Fossil watch

You know who's excited to get a shopping spree in a Belk? Countless 75-year-old Southern grandmothers, and that's it. Every Belk I've ever been to smells like too much old lady perfume, the men's department is always lodged between the bathrooms and mountains of Emeril Lagasse cookware, and the whole ordeal is a frustrating disappointment.

I'm sorry Belk Bowl participants.

2. Outback Bowl

$150 Best Buy gift card; Outback Steakhouse gift card; Fossil watch; Jostens rings; cap

That gift card is neat, but FIVE different bowls are offering Best Buy gift cards of greater value. To make up that difference you get steak. It doesn't specify how much steak, but steak nonetheless. Also, you know that Jostens ring is going to have a giant-ass Outback Steakhouse logo on it, which means 20 years from now those athletes can be the creepy guys who eat at Outback wearing their Outback ring.

3. Valero Alamo Bowl

GoPro Hero4 Silver camera and 32MB memory card; Fossil watch; Oakley Works backpack; Schutt mini helmet; panoramic photo

There's some meta-trolling going on when a bowl game gives you a GoPro camera. It's like "Hey, you're used to being filmed and not getting paid for it, so might as well do it yourself."

Am I unique in that I don't really care? As long as we go 8-4 in the regular season, I'll be happy with whatever they give us.
Even if it's something like the Liberty Bowl, selling 9 wins will be dynamite for Butch in January.

Agree with you. Couldn't care less about which bowl we get. Just go win it, preferably blow somebody out, don't care who. It really doesn't much matter.

I would really like to get any of those AP voters to wager on Iowa vs any of at least #'s 4 through 9.

Edit: wrong thread

If Miss St. Beats Ole Miss and Mizz somehow beats Arky, I believe our Vols will be in a multi team tie for 3rd place in the SEC.

Let's go Citrus!!!

c16a5320fa475530d9583c34fd356ef5.jpg

Outback bowl announces Dec 6th..they said there are 15 teams that could make the bowl..but these are the 9 that they are promoting..Vols, Miss St, Ole Miss, and UGA from SEC

The Taxslayer Bowl isn't a prestigious bowl. 6-6 teams don't go to prestigious bowls.. UT was excited about it because it was in FL. But the "quality" of the game is equal to the other 5 in that group.

The Taxalayer bowl had a much better payout than our alternatives last year though.

Last edited:
Hope CMU gets a good bowl after they wipe the MAC floor with EMU. 7-5 in the brutal MAC West and #3 finish?! ill take it.

I am headed up for this weekend's game vs Vandy, representing the BWW Citrus Bowl. I recieved word that after our win vs Mizzou, the trip is on for this weekend.

If they are sending me up, there's still "a chance" we get into the Citrus... Look for me in my suit, with a Florida Citrus Sports tie on Saturday. :)

I think the SEC places us in both of those bowls so there is no "bump up". There are six that are considered equal

I think the sec may assign an 8 win team to the liberty bowl to change the perception of the bowl. The liberty actually has a pretty good tie in with the big 12. I would (as most people) prefer a Florida bowl just because of the weather. I will say the other pool of six bowls have improved 100 percent from where they used to be with quality of opponents, TV deals and fan attractions. Carrie underwood is playing the belk bowl and sec nation is scheduled to broadcast all day from that game.

I hope some 5-7 teams get in to show how ridiculous it is to have so many bowls. Before long everyone will get to go to a bowl. Even the Eastern Michigans and North Texases.

I think the sec may assign an 8 win team to the liberty bowl to change the perception of the bowl. The liberty actually has a pretty good tie in with the big 12. I would (as most people) prefer a Florida bowl just because of the weather. I will say the other pool of six bowls have improved 100 percent from where they used to be with quality of opponents, TV deals and fan attractions. Carrie underwood is playing the belk bowl and sec nation is scheduled to broadcast all day from that game.
They definitely have done a better job with the matchups and locations. As far as the fan experience goes it sounds as if the placement committee has ramped that up as well. From what I've read the payouts are virtually equal in those six bowls. Maybe the weather will be nice for the Liberty bowl

Will Nike give us a bonus if we win a bowl game? I know they give a bonus per anyone that gets an award/runnerup I think.

I am headed up for this weekend's game vs Vandy, representing the BWW Citrus Bowl. I recieved word that after our win vs Mizzou, the trip is on for this weekend.

If they are sending me up, there's still "a chance" we get into the Citrus... Look for me in my suit, with a Florida Citrus Sports tie on Saturday. :)

Pick the Vols - The Missys dont travel well and neither does TAM -- Lsu has disgruntled fans right now so I dont see them traveling either.

VN Store

Back