Updated Bowl Projections

I hope some 5-7 teams get in to show how ridiculous it is to have so many bowls. Before long everyone will get to go to a bowl. Even the Eastern Michigans and North Texases.

😂 next thing you know the worst teams on this Earth like EMU, Duke, Miami, or any ACC team will get bowl berths. SMDH.

just hope they land in Florida, could do that one in Charlotte and visit some family, but i prefer our weather here much much more this time of year.....Go Vols!

makes wife have easier choices for bday/xmas gifts too

Reactions: 1 person
Bowl%20Infographic%202015-16.jpg

There are 80 slots available and 71 bowl eligible teams..the SEC has enough to fill their 10 slots..here are the teams, including Missouri, Kentucky, and Texas that can still get to 6 wins. Wonder if all 12 SEC teams would get invites if Missouri and Kentucky win?

With one week left to go (two weeks for the Big 12 and Sunbelt), 71 teams are at 6 wins. You have twelve teams at 5-6, one team at 5-5, and four teams at 4-6. With 80 bids, nine of these seventeen teams need to get to 6-6 to avoid the embarrassment of a 5-7 team making a bowl. The schedule is as follows:

5-6 (at home against non-bowl team) -- Old Dominion (vs. Florida Atlantic); Buffalo (vs. Massachusetts)

5-6 (at home against bowl team) -- East Carolina (vs. Cincinnati); Nebraska (vs. Iowa); Illinois (vs. Northwestern); Minnesota (vs. Wisconsin); San Jose State (vs. Boise State); Washington (vs. Washington State); Kentucky (vs. Louisville)

5-6 (on road against non-bowl team) -- Tulsa (at Tulane); Virginia Tech (at Virginia); Indiana (at Purdue)

5-6 (on road against bowl team) -- Missouri (at Arkansas)

5-5 -- South Alabama (at Georgia Southern, vs. Appalachian State -- both bowl teams)

4-6 -- Texas (vs. Texas Tech, at Baylor -- both bowl teams); Kansas State (at Kansas, vs. West Virginia -- West Virginia, a bowl team); Georgia State (vs. Troy, at Georgia Southern); Louisiana-Lafayette (at Appalachian State; vs. Troy)

Assuming that teams only beat non-bowl teams, you would have only five of the 17 make it to 6-6 leaving four bids for 5-7 teams. While some of the teams playing a bowl team might win, some of the teams playing a non-bowl team might lose. The best argument for getting to 80 is that many of the bowl teams have nothing to lose. Only Iowa and Baylor still have something to play for with the rest being shuffled to the conference tie-ins that care less for records and more about ability to sell tickets to bring fans to spend money at hotels and restaurants in the host city.

If UK upsets Louisville they'll be 6-6 and going Bowling somewhere.

Egg bowl winner gets Citrus, loser gets Outback. So either Liberty or Belk for us...guess it depends on what conference and bowls want.

The dark horse I could see that no one is talking about is Music City Bowl. Last year 8-4 LSU went to it. If Florida State loses to Florida, that would be a fun matchup in Nashville.

Just say no to a cold weather bowl!!!!!

I would travel to Florida or Texas. Anything else would make a great TV game.

VN Store

Back