Vols Are "Most Experienced Power5 Team in the Country"

Lol, thanks JP.
Before I mow my lawn, I acknowledge it needs to be mowed. I do not walk around for a week going
" you know we have to mow the lawn right, did I mention we have to mow the lawn, there's the lawn, but what about the lawn, I don't care for whole house burns down as long as we beat/mow the lawn.

If anyone here still thinks that Florida hasn't been acknowledged at this point, I really don't know what else to say.

Shup and mow the lawn, man. Tired of hearing about it.

:) :crazy: :good!:

p.s. Then please come mow mine. It's too hot for me to do it. You're expendable. :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
lol, you rock man.

Curious as to your feelings on Georgia.
They are an enigma to me. They have lost talent, but they do have talent also. The QB will be a freshman but has received praise. The coach could be the next Derek Dooley from the Saban tree, or he could finally be The Golden Child everyone is waiting for Nick to produce.

just responding to a post from someone else. feel free to jump in in anytime.

I saw where you deleted the part where you told me to go troll someone else.

I don't know what to tell you Jake, we've had a couple of years of good conversation and one not so good discussion about Florida. I didn't even respond to you in this thread until you asked me a direct question.

I believe we talk about Florida too much on the board but I'm not leaving the board because of it.
And I definitely don't have anything personal against you, I'm not sure what the deal has been with you the last couple of weeks.

Curious as to your feelings on Georgia.
They are an enigma to me. They have lost talent, but they do have talent also. The QB will be a freshman but has received praise. The coach could be the next Derek Dooley from the Saban tree, or he could finally be The Golden Child everyone is waiting for Nick to produce.

Yeah, I agree Georgia is a bit of an enigma, Charger. Until we know more about Kirby Smart as the head of a program...until we get a feel for how long it will take them to adjust to and install the new coaches' style and systems...and until we know more about the QB (Eason? Lambert?).

A couple of things we do already know. Smart is a defensive coach. That's his strength. And that happens to be the strength of the current Dawgs team, carried over from last year. Sure, they COULD be an elite running team on offense, with Chubb and Michel. But they ARE a solid defensive team. Locked.

Thing is, that was their strength in 2015. Even with a defense-minded coach, they won't get significantly better on D because they're already very good. And we put up 38 on them last year.

So if they're going to beat us in 2016, they have to ramp up their offense.

Trouble is, again, their head coach is a defensive guru.

So...how good is their new OC, and how quickly can he bring together a new QB, two new OTs, and a cast that is otherwise solid (receivers, interior line, TEs) to excellent (RBs)?

If we get them before he can make the magic happen, it'll be a blowout in our favor.

If he gets them clicking by early October, it's gonna be a real dog fight (I'm not just saying that because Smokey v Uga), could go either way.

Anyway, that's how I'm seeing it right now. We'll probably know a lot more by the time that game rolls around.

What're you thinking about them?

Yeah, I agree Georgia is a bit of an enigma, Charger. Until we know more about Kirby Smart as the head of a program...until we get a feel for how long it will take them to adjust to and install the new coaches' style and systems...and until we know more about the QB (Eason? Lambert?).

A couple of things we do already know. Smart is a defensive coach. That's his strength. And that happens to be the strength of the current Dawgs team, carried over from last year. Sure, they COULD be an elite running team on offense, with Chubb and Michel. But they ARE a solid defensive team. Locked.

Thing is, that was their strength in 2015. Even with a defense-minded coach, they won't get significantly better on D because they're already very good. And we put up 38 on them last year.

So if they're going to beat us in 2016, they have to ramp up their offense.

Trouble is, again, their head coach is a defensive guru.

So...how good is their new OC, and how quickly can he bring together a new QB, two new OTs, and a cast that is otherwise solid (receivers, interior line, TEs) to excellent (RBs)?

If we get them before he can make the magic happen, it'll be a blowout in our favor.

If he gets them clicking by early October, it's gonna be a real dog fight (I'm not just saying that because Smokey v Uga), could go either way.

Anyway, that's how I'm seeing it right now. We'll probably know a lot more by the time that game rolls around.

What're you thinking about them?

I think you did a really good job with it, I do think the OC has shown flashes in the past. But we will skip that part.

What I'm hoping is, he pulls a Mason and tries to take over the offense even though it's not his strong suit.
We should be able to take them this year, I'm thinking long-term also though.

I saw where you deleted the part where you told me to go troll someone else.

I don't know what to tell you Jake, we've had a couple of years of good conversation and one not so good discussion about Florida. I didn't even respond to you in this thread until you asked me a direct question.

I believe we talk about Florida too much on the board but I'm not leaving the board because of it.
And I definitely don't have anything personal against you, I'm not sure what the deal has been with you the last couple of weeks.

i deleted it because it was in poor taste, even for me.

here's the thing...the "acknowledge it" post you made was no doubt directed at me as that's the entire point i was making...it was basically an exact quote.

but here's the deal....i didn't bring FL up in this thread, i simply responded to a post about it and was having what i thought was decent discussion about it. if you want to be the FL game thread police, then make sure you go after anyone/everyone that brings it up.

i can't help it if you don't want to discuss it anymore.

at some point you have to decide.....but you're not gonna single me out here. if you don't want to discuss or read about it, fine. don't.

i didn't have any issue with you either, not sure why you felt the need to single me out on the whole FL game issue, but it's more your issue than it is mine....

I think you did a really good job with it, I do think the OC has shown flashes in the past. But we will skip that part.

What I'm hoping is, he pulls a Mason and tries to take over the offense even though it's not his strong suit.
We should be able to take them this year, I'm thinking long-term also though.

Oh, that would be so excellent. That could destroy their program (relatively speaking) for years. *fingers crossed*.

i deleted it because it was in poor taste, even for me.

here's the thing...the "acknowledge it" post you made was no doubt directed at me as that's the entire point i was making...it was basically an exact quote.

but here's the deal....i didn't bring FL up in this thread, i simply responded to a post about it and was having what i thought was decent discussion about it. if you want to be the FL game thread police, then make sure you go after anyone/everyone that brings it up.

i can't help it if you don't want to discuss it anymore.

at some point you have to decide.....but you're not gonna single me out here. if you don't want to discuss or read about it, fine. don't.

i didn't have any issue with you either, not sure why you felt the need to single me out on the whole FL game issue, but it's more your issue than it is mine....

I wasn't, everyone who talks about Florida a lot says the same thing.

If I'm talking about anyone in particular I don't mind to use their screen name. So I must disagree that it was my issue.

Shup and mow the lawn, man. Tired of hearing about it.

:) :crazy: :good!:

But the house is on fire.

Fellas we been down this road before and there is no moderation. Middle, I mean. No more ties, either we win/lose.

There is the ole wait and see, but what does that really mean?

1) I think we will win, but I don't want to jinx it. I have felt that way before and got over it.

2) I don't think we will win. Never went into a game with that attitude. I believe in good luck.

3)Who knows? It will be a highly contested game that comes down to inches and fractions of a second, along with human errors and judgements(don't get me started on how a football bounces).

Which team is better? Statistics show the Vols are better and will win by many. Stats can show about anything.

Vol win.

By how much?That is something that doesn't really matter, a win is a win.

As for the discussion of how the streak impacts all if this, it does in so many ways.
All players on both sides are aware and giving their all to get better and out work the other to get the win.

This may truely be a game more about how to run a program than it is about this one game. Even as deep as the Offense we run vs. the style Mac runs, same goes for the Deffense.

Has there been a bigger game in the history of Vols Football? Yes. But we will be at a possible crossroads. I want a coach that will protect Neyland Stadium. It's hard to win on the road, but if you protect Neyland then there are no 11 yr long streaks.

Go Vols!

Edit: That's completely overlooking the Battle at Bristol.

Last edited:
I wasn't, everyone who talks about Florida a lot says the same thing.

If I'm talking about anyone in particular I don't mind to use their screen name. So I must disagree that it was my issue.

Ya'lls aggression should be directed towards out opponents and their fans rather than towards your Vol brothers.

This is a heated rival due to the fact that their football team keeps beating out football team at football.

It ends this year.

Go Vols!

Your aggression should be directed towards out opponents and their fans rather than towards your Vol brothers.

This is a heated rival due to the fact that their football team keeps beating out football team at football.

It ends this year.

Go Vols!

Aggression?

I think I'm starting to see the trend here. People read benign words then add their own tone or meaning.

Out of curiosity do me a favor though, look at the statement of mine you quoted and tell me which words you think are aggressive. If you don't mind.

Aggression?

I think I'm starting to see the trend here. People read benign words then add their own tone or meaning.

Out of curiosity do me a favor though, look at the statement of mine you quoted and tell me which words you think are aggressive. If you don't mind.

Charger, I detect micro-aggressions in that statement. You just be glad you don't go to Mizzou, man, you'd be on permanent double-secret probation.

Signed, Citizens for More Safe Spaces

Aggression?

Getting past the "if you don't mind" part.

My bad. I meant that for Jake too. I have older brothers and if I didn't know better, y'all are them. But I know better. But when you said "I must disagree" to me that means " you poor child, you have a true lack of knowledge". That takes away the middle, no way to get along. I prefer a response of "are you sure about that". Then you get into feelings.

I feel like we will win due to the facts of the matter.

Go Vols!

Getting past the "if you don't mind" part.

My bad. I meant that for Jake too. I have older brothers and if I didn't know better, y'all are them. But I know better. But when you said "I must disagree" to me that means " you poor child, you have a true lack of knowledge". That takes away the middle, no way to get along. I prefer a response of "are you sure about that". Then you get into feelings.

I feel like we will win due to the facts of the matter.

Go Vols!

Wait what?
How about it just means that I disagree?

If you don't mind, is a phrase I almost always use when asking someone to do something for me.

If nothing else, this goes down as one of the most odd conversations I've ever had. It's kind of like backwards day when I was a kid in school lol

Charger, I detect micro-aggressions in that statement. You just be glad you don't go to Mizzou, man, you'd be on permanent double-secret probation.

Signed, Citizens for More Safe Spaces

The peanut gallery.

Are you my nephew?

This season is not about Florida. It's about the Vols. What will they do? Work hard and have success. Or slack off and risk it. From what I've seen they are working in ways that I never would have known of.... One legged squats, that was not on my radar as how to do it.

Thanks to Freak, Volnation, VFL34, I now know that is SOP.

Go Vols!

Let me begin with, I will be highly upset after any game we lose this year.

However, this is football and crazy things happen. You basically must have some breaks to go your way to win every game. Look at Ohio State in 2015. They had 5 first round picks and 12 picks in the first 4 rounds! That team should never have sniffed a loss. But who is criticizing Urban Meyer?

If Tennessee wins all but 2 games this year, most experts would talk about how Butch Jones has brought UT back to prominence.

Wait what?
How about it just means that I disagree?

If you don't mind, is a phrase I almost always use when asking someone to do something for me.

If nothing else, this goes down as one of the most odd conversations I've ever had. It's kind of like backwards day when I was a kid in school lol

I said my bad. Or it can mean that. Just saying. The bickering was the issue. Why can't as Vol fans we just all agree to say "I expect to win, because I will out work you" and leave it at that. That's what Pat would say.

Go Vols!

Let me begin with, I will be highly upset after any game we lose this year.

However, this is football and crazy things happen. You basically must have some breaks to go your way to win every game. Look at Ohio State in 2015. They had 5 first round picks and 12 picks in the first 4 rounds! That team should never have sniffed a loss. But who is criticizing Urban Meyer?

If Tennessee wins all but 2 games this year, most experts would talk about how Butch Jones has brought UT back to prominence.

I think we are on the same page. I just don't believe in pumping the brakes. That is not proper driving, and it's not good for competition. Work the hardest, compete the hardest, give your all, expect to win. That is a winning attitude.

Go Vols!

I said my bad. Or it can mean that. Just saying. The bickering was the issue. Why can't as Vol fans we just all agree to say "I expect to win, because I will out work you" and leave it at that. That's what Pat would say.

Go Vols!

I definitely expect to win, and I think even those who are very focused on Florida still believe it's highly probable.
There may be a couple that honestly will not even dare think it until it happens.

And I'm okay with all of those, I was only referring to - we've said certain things to the point where I think it's a given and doesn't need so much repetition. I just like hearing about us more than them is all.

I definitely expect to win, and I think even those who are very focused on Florida still believe it's highly probable.
There may be a couple that honestly will not even dare think it until it happens.

And I'm okay with all of those, I was only referring to - we've said certain things to the point where I think it's a given and doesn't need so much repetition. I just like hearing about us more than them is all.

It's summer time. That's the time of the year to talk trash to your opponents. It's been so long you forgot.

Don't be mean about it. Just talk trash to the trolls. Not to other Vol fans.

But I do have a problem with those that don't expect us to win.

Go Vols!

The odds are definitely in out favor.

Go Vols!

Edit: So when does fall camp start?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back