Vols Are "Most Experienced Power5 Team in the Country"

CmJb4SsWYAQ_Jft.jpg

Is there an equivalent for Defense?

Wow! That ole miss # is silly. I wouldn't mind putting our defense to the test against them in Atlanta.

Should I expect a shutout against Appy St?

Go Vols!

So, do you expect us to win?

I think we should win and cover the -12.5 spread. But I thought we should have won the past two years. So as of right now, I expect a close game and a Florida win. Still expecting 10-2 and SEC Title game birth though, which I have said from the start.

I think we should win and cover the -12.5 spread. But I thought we should have won the past two years. So as of right now, I expect a close game and a Florida win. Still expecting 10-2 and SEC Title game birth though, which I have said from the start.

So you expect to lose 2, just not sure which ones?

It's basic to expect to win. That is considered a given. What's next? Out work your opponent.

Go Vols!

One thing I've not seen mentioned in this thread is team 120's motto "OWN IT". I believe that means they are going to OWN the Rivalries as well as the expectations

One thing I've not seen mentioned in this thread is team 120's motto "OWN IT". I believe that means they are going to OWN the Rivalries as well as the expectations

It's strange that the poster schedule I was sent has "My All".

How do we get to Atlanta after possibly losing those two?
You're banking on LSU running the table, and a lot of tie breakers going our way?

How do we get to Atlanta after possibly losing those two?
You're banking on LSU running the table, and a lot of tie breakers going our way?

You can get to Atlanta with not just 2, but 3 conference losses. It's been done.* Like, two or three different times.

Not saying we want to take that path. Just that it exists.

*The trick: everyone around you (in your division) must suck even worse. If every East school loses both their games against every West opponent, the "King" of the East is, at best, 6-2 in conference play. Maybe even 5-3. Mathematically, could even be 4-4 and win the division. That has never happened, but it could.

You can get to Atlanta with not just 2, but 3 conference losses. It's been done.* Like, two or three different times.

It's hard to fine three conference losses on the Florida schedule for team capable of beating this year's Tennessee team. Of course, anything is possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

It's hard to fine three conference losses on the Florida schedule for team capable of beating this year's Tennessee team. Of course, anything is possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

Oh, I agree. I think this year will probably be "typical"; the division winner will have 1 or 2 conference losses. That's usually the case for teams going to Atlanta in December.

The earlier post was just about what's mathematically possible. As LSU, Arkansas, and South Carolina have all proven over the years.

:good!:

Oh, I agree. I think this year will probably be "typical"; the division winner will have 1 or 2 conference losses. That's usually the case for teams going to Atlanta in December.

The earlier post was just about what's mathematically possible. As LSU, Arkansas, and South Carolina have all proven over the years.

:good!:

To be fair, the reason a 5-3 Arkansas team made the SEC Championship game in 2002 was entirely a result of the 6-2 Alabama team the finished first in the SEC West was banned from bowl games and ineligible to win the division.

I'm not sure it's accurate (/appropriate) to include them here, with this statistic being made.

To be fair, the reason a 5-3 Arkansas team made the SEC Championship game in 2002 was entirely a result of the 6-2 Alabama team the finished first in the SEC West was banned from bowl games and ineligible to win the division.

I'm not sure it's accurate (/appropriate) to include them here, with this statistic being made.

It's not so much a statistic as a fact: a team can get to Atlanta with a 5-3 conference record. It has been done, three different times.

And the further fact, which has never yet been validated by actual events, is that a team can mathematically get to Atlanta with a 4-4 record in conference play. Just a fact.

The most common way of getting to Atlanta is 6-2 or 7-1. Getting there at 8-0 is less common. Getting there at 5-3 is least common of the ways that it has been done. But it has been done, all those ways.

No I said we lose to Florida in that post. We should beat them, but I don't think we will. And the other loss is Alabama.

10-2 SEC East Champions; Losses to FLA and Bama and playing LSU in the title game

The team has work past that line of thinking.
From what they have said, I gather they expect to win and have encouraged me to have the same expectation, win every game we play.

I'm an easy sell, I know on any given day(that's what most of the teams we play this year will be hoping for).

Never take a team lightly, but expect to win.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back