WATE reporting TSR to shut down

And yet Basillio is still here. Hopefully Knoxville will realize he is the ONLY viable alternative and start supporting his show and advertisers.

Rather take a sharp stick in the eye. I'd rather punch myself in my own nut sack. I'd rather.........

Reactions: 2 people
It never turned a profit, even with the advertisers.

This has been in the works for 3-4 months, wasn't a surprise to anybody at the station.

If true this is just AMAZING. They probably had 20 minutes of ads per hour. They must have been giving spots away or JayBay was/is completely inept at running a business.

If this has been in the works for months then why has Ainge been promoting his new show on Sundays after the game on Saturday for the past couple weeks?

Come on. The dang station does not come in half the time. I try listening to Ainge, but you really have to like listening to Erik Ainge talk about Erik Ainge. I bet Phillips is wishing he didn't leave WBIR.
phillips didn't leave wbir, they didn't renew his contract

Has anyone heard what is happening at TN sports radio? Will west put out a tweet about it saying he hoped everyone landed somewhere. I hope this is not true, Swain is good in the afternoon and Ainge is so much better than Doc Jeff and Heather. Anybody know what's up?

https://twitter.com/willwestwnml/status/491266612389900288

You got that right. I get bored to death trying to listen to those three talk about table tennis or heathers hair for a hour and then five mins about how bad our football team is. At least Angie,Swain, etc..knew people in the program and would share info.

Reactions: 1 person
Coming soon, another country station and another political talk radio station because some marketing types say that's what the demographic is looking for. It was nice having a local sports radio show that wasn't state run, even if the quality was lacking.

Reactions: 3 people
Im really upset to hear about this. 99.1 doesnt talk enough UT football for the true vol fan. Josh and Will swear they are a national radio show.. i will miss Swain. Does anybody know if they will start a podcast or something like that? I refuse to believe this is the end.

I'm going to be reserved about this for now. I'd like to see what's going to come out of this. But this has me a little salty. I need something like TSR down here in Florida. :shakehead:

I like the swain show....... I can't listen to doc Jeff and heather... I'm so pissed down here in bama it's the only sports talk I can listen to now nothing this is crap!!!!!

What, you don't want to hear Doc and Jeff talk about how their golf game went for 2 hours?

And then 2 more hours about the NBA? And then Heather's hour Cowboys rant?
I can't listen to TSR all day but at least when I do I know it's UT related

guess its back to listening to nothing. silence being better than sports animal.

i would like to see heather harrington tho.

If true this really does blow. Yes they get off
Topic and jay rambles on and never makes
a half valid point but what else do we have. I listen with my ear buds in at work and just really love hearing about the vols on the radio. I rarely hear anything that we don't have on here already but it's nice to hear someone, anyone talk about our Vols. There isn't anywhere here in west tn that comes remotely close to TSR. It's all Vols all the time and I will truly miss it if it's really going out the door.

This stinks. We get 30 minutes of UT talk on Wednesdays on the zone in Nashville.

The other 20 hours of morning sports radio here is all titans and NBA. Ughh. I get a kick out of Aingie in the mornings.

VN Store

Back