Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

Worley was fools gold and in the end, who cares if his redshirt was burnt.

You're referring to people who thought he was actually good. Now they realize he isn't.

I regret choosing a Worley avatar prior to the season. He's terrible, and it's not just the line. Maybe he can stare down some more receivers. Scanning the field isn't an option for the Worley man.

As if Dobbs doesn't suck. He was terrible last season.

Reactions: 2 people
Getting us to a bowl game and winning games is more important than ANY players redshirt. We really aren't in any position to red shirt QB's.
It's easy to judge after things play out, easy to bash after the fact.

I dont care if he burns the redshirt, but hes not any better than Peterman. At this point in time.

Correct me if I am wrong but Dobbs has not red shirted yet so how could it be burning a rs if he is not red shirted?

Bray was still hurt and Worley started the following week vs MTSU. I seriously doubt if Bray was healthy, he wouldn't have played vs MTSU.

And Simms was a disaster in college. How did he ever make an NFL roster? Had he been servicable, Worley would have another year of eligibility remaining after this year.

So you think he's good? I watch him look at receivers before the ball is snapped and he stares them down the entire route. And when that doesn't work, he just throws into triple coverage. If you haven't noticed, he can only play well against poorly coached teams with less athletic players. When he plays a team with athletes, he goes out and turns it over 4 times. Name one pick in the Ole Miss game that wasn't his fault. He also had a fumble that was his fault.

For what he is, I think he has done as well as he could. Their was Obviously a reason .. even in his last year.. that he has had to Battle for the QB position, I have to agree with you on the interceptions, I know he had to escape the pocket a time or two but still he should have not thrown those. It is what we have, lets hope he plays well this weekend, we need him

How about I tell you how Worley has busted his hump and played hurt all year giving his all for Tennessee. Then you talk about how terrible he is. How old are you?

Maybe he lacks talent, but it's not for lack of trying. But I'm sure youve excelled at everything you've tried to do.

Effort and toughness doesn't win games. When you're 6 years old "trying your best" is acceptable.

Got two great kids coming in next year. We need to do whatever it takes to get those 15 extra practices and go bowling! Plus Dooley is an idiot anyway.

The kid coming in next year has been the solution since Ainge left, he's consistently underwhelmed

If Dobbs gets his burned, it is for extensive action not 5 minutes of handing the ball off to RBs in garbage time.

It's ok to support Worley. Worley is a vol, and for that I am grateful. But the fact remains that Worley is not a great quarterback, and let's face it... WE WANNA WIN!

Nobody gives a damn about us getting a good star or moral victory. I want the qb playing who gives us a best chance to win. You know, a guy who can not stare down receivers, a guy who can sense when the pocket is collapsing, a guy who can scramble for 4-5 yds when he needs to.

They say doing the same thing over and over an expecting different results is insanity, so why doesn't Worley make an attempt to change the mistakes he's made all season that EVERYONE sees as well?

It's all good that he tries hard, but the results aren't there and here recently he has just made some really stupid decisions.

Ftr, I don't hate Worley as a person. I don't hate Worley as a football player. I don't hate Worley as a vol. I just want a better qb. I WANNA WIN!

Reactions: 1 person
Burning Dobbs redshirt will burn us in the long run. This is the case of Immediate satisfaction vs. letting a player be way better in the long haul. I doubt Dobbs is going to make enough difference to make the redshirt worth burning. Having Dobbs an additional year on the back end would lead to 2 or 3 times more wins.

Expecting Dobbs to carry this team is just a fantasy.

It's ok to support Worley. Worley is a vol, and for that I am grateful. But the fact remains that Worley is not a great quarterback, and let's face it... WE WANNA WIN!

Nobody gives a damn about us getting a good star or moral victory. I want the qb playing who gives us a best chance to win. You know, a guy who can not stare down receivers, a guy who can sense when the pocket is collapsing, a guy who can scramble for 4-5 yds when he needs to.

They say doing the same thing over and over an expecting different results is insanity, so why doesn't Worley make an attempt to change the mistakes he's made all season that EVERYONE sees as well?

It's all good that he tries hard, but the results aren't there and here recently he has just made some really stupid decisions.

Ftr, I don't hate Worley as a person. I don't hate Worley as a football player. I don't hate Worley as a vol. I just want a better qb. I WANNA WIN!

What in the world makes you think a guy who looked shaky last year and hasn't taken a snap all year is our best shot at winning? Do you honestly think he magically is going to come in and be even good? Just because "he can run"?

This place is hilarious in its collective delusion sometimes.

Reactions: 3 people
What in the world makes you think a guy who looked shaky last year and hasn't taken a snap all year is our best shot at winning? Do you honestly think he magically is going to come in and be even good? Just because "he can run"?

This place is hilarious in its collective delusion sometimes.

I don't think he specified a replacement. He's just saying that something has to give. Worley can't play under pressure, somebody who can move around and make something happen in a bad situation gives u a better chance to come up with a positive play. I think either of the two backups we have do a better job of this than Worley.

I think the idea was that they are planning on not playing him unless they are forced to.

I think this is being forced to at this point. With Dobbs if the the qb keeper is there on the zone read then you know he can run it enough to keep the d honest.

VN Store

Back