Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

Dooley was an idiot for various reasons. This being way down the list.
Bray got injured in the 5th game of the season. Do you think that it was unreasonable to prepare your only backup to Matt Simms by giving him a few snaps in a lost cause, when you had 6 games remaining in the season, and didn't know when or if Bray would return? After all, Worley was a freshman, and at that time, who knew if he would be needed as a starting qb 3 or 4 years down the road?

So Bray wasn't injured and Dooley decided to play Worley...but the next game an uninjured Bray didn't play?

You and 4 people who liked your post are morons!

Bray was hurt. Simms played like crap, fumbled late in the game and Dooley put Worley in...... Strange how some of these experts are clueless about the things they are posting about.

1. I'll never say a Vol sucks if he's trying. He puts on the orange. That's like saying your mom sucks at being a mom. Maybe you think that's okay, too.

2. Justin Worley is a better quarterback than you, I'm assuming. What gives you the right to say he sucks?

You're a terrible fan. I pretty much hate you.
Wow I came into this late, but are you going to cry? Because it sounds like he hurt your feelings.

Worley was fools gold and in the end, who cares if his redshirt was burnt.

You're referring to people who thought he was actually good. Now they realize he isn't.

I regret choosing a Worley avatar prior to the season. He's terrible, and it's not just the line. Maybe he can stare down some more receivers. Scanning the field isn't an option for the Worley man.

:finger3:

Makes me sick when wormy posters call a player like Worley "Fools Gold". He has been tough as nails with zero time to work! Anybody (OP) that blames anything on Worley's ability or toughness for this seasons offensive struggles just does not understand football!! FOOLS ABOUND!!!!! GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Worley was fools gold and in the end, who cares if his redshirt was burnt.

You're referring to people who thought he was actually good. Now they realize he isn't.

I regret choosing a Worley avatar prior to the season. He's terrible, and it's not just the line. Maybe he can stare down some more receivers. Scanning the field isn't an option for the Worley man.

If Justin scans the field, he will be scanning the inside of his eyelids with this OLine.

So because he tries, I can't point out what I see?

I suck at life.

Does that make your point better? If people tell me I suck at life, they'd be right. I guess that makes my opinion invalid because I suck at life. Who cares if Worley sucks as a QB because I suck too.

Now, come on. Don't get all down on yourself.
We all suck at life...until that very last breath. :)

GO VOLS!

Which had a broke thumb? Also wtf those were 2 of our ugliest games. This is like a competition between ugly babies. Somebody put a damn bow on one and call it a day.

1. By the time it's been estimated that Nathan hurt his thumb, he had led us to to a sterling 13 plays, 15 yds, 2 fumbles and an interception. Additionally, his thumb must not have been too severe initially because he came in the following series and threw a couple more passes, didn't appear to have any difficulty gripping the ball, didn't hold or appear to favor his thumb, looked the exact same as he did to start the game. The thumb injury didn't appear to bother him until the ball fluttered out of his hand on his 2nd interception with 3:45 left in the half. To try and say that a broken thumb had much of anything to do with his performance is foolish. It was his lack of poise and decision-making that freaked everybody out regarding his ability to play qb at the SEC level.

2. Swore this debate was about the qb play of Dobbs and Peterman. Yes, both outcomes of the games vs Fla and Mizzou were ugly. But if you can't discern that a qb that gives you 26-42, 240 yds and is your leading rusher in his first start is more effective than a qb that gives you 4-11, 5 yds and -3 yds running, I don't know what else to tell you. It's about which qb gives the team a better chance of winning. Based on what we've seen, it sure as hell ain't Peterman....its Dobbs.

Dobbs is being redshirted because he is not ready to play now...simply not ready.. Peterman never given enough real game playing time since last year's Florida game....still the real problem against the Ole Misses and Alabamas is the offensive line, especially the two tackles....no quarterback anywhere could be effective with this line..
recruit.. recruit.. recruit offensive tackles now !!!

Which had a broke thumb? Also wtf those were 2 of our ugliest games. This is like a competition between ugly babies. Somebody put a damn bow on one and call it a day.

Peterman played hurt.

Dobbs lost to Vandy.

So until I see significant improvement they are both equally turrrble.

1. I'll never say a Vol sucks if he's trying. He puts on the orange. That's like saying your mom sucks at being a mom. Maybe you think that's okay, too.

2. Justin Worley is a better quarterback than you, I'm assuming. What gives you the right to say he sucks?

You're a terrible fan. I pretty much hate you.

Dooley "tried" really hard, too. Did that make him an awesome head coach?

Didn't realize the SEC had a "Tried Really Hard" trophy. :pepper:

It is amazing that any player in the country would want to play for a team supported by such a psychotic, lunatic fringe portion of its fanbase. I cannot believe how much venom is being slung about concerning all three of the main QBs on the team. Posters spend more time pointing out the flaws of everyone on the team than any real discussion about any topic. It is like watching the constant stream of negative campaign adds on TV right now.

I think Worley has done the best he could do with the cards he was dealt.
I think Peterman can possibly overcome his jitters with a little time behind center in a real game situation (even Peyton struggled some his freshman year)
Dobbs has the potential for being an outstanding dual threat QB.

Each has been a victim of playing for a team going through some serious growing pains right now.

Peterman played hurt.

Dobbs lost to Vandy.

Dude, wtf?? You boil it down to that? Please go watch the Florida game again. Peterman was utterly awful vs Florida, showed no signs of an injured thumb til 3:45 left in the first half. Under Peterman our offense put up 0 points, 4 turnovers, and 4 yards on 24 plays. Peterman's thumb was not the issue.

As far as Dobbs vs Vandy, he played very poorly, as did the WR corps, which didn't include North....still, we had the game won after Dobbs's td run late in the 4th had Pig not needlessly blocked a Vandy player in the back.

They are not equally terrible. That's an incredibly lazy statement. In Peterman's first start at top 20 Florida, he was arguably the worst qb in our school's, our conference's history. In Dobbs' first start at top 10 Mizzou, Dobbs set a UT freshman record for completions, threw for 240 yds (235 more than Peterman vs Fla) and led the team in rushing.

Equally terrible....wtmf??

Reactions: 2 people
Dude, wtf?? You boil it down to that? Please go watch the Florida game again. Peterman was utterly awful vs Florida, showed no signs of an injured thumb til 3:45 left in the first half. Under Peterman our offense put up 0 points, 4 turnovers, and 4 yards on 24 plays. Peterman's thumb was not the issue.

As far as Dobbs vs Vandy, he played very poorly, as did the WR corps, which didn't include North....still, we had the game won after Dobbs's td run late in the 4th had Pig not needlessly blocked a Vandy player in the back.

They are not equally terrible. That's an incredibly lazy statement. In Peterman's first start at top 20 Florida, he was arguably the worst qb in our school's, our conference's history. In Dobbs' first start at top 10 Mizzou, Dobbs set a UT freshman record for completions, threw for 240 yds (235 more than Peterman vs Fla) and led the team in rushing.

Let me rephrase that... I think Peterman should have an.equal chance as Dobbs. Dobbs has been 3rd string for a reason. Dobbs played much more than Pete. 1 game against a great D shouldn't ruin his chances to prove himself.
Dobbs hasnt shown me anything that says he can get it done. Should he get a chance also? Yes. Any 3 qbs that play this week wont likely make a difference in the outcome ao let them all play lol

Reactions: 2 people
Peterman played hurt.

Dobbs lost to Vandy.

I agree. And for me all tie breakers go to the coaches because they see what we never do, the practices. Reports I have heard this year is that Peterman is 2nd best QB. I don't get the Dobbs conspiracy.

If Dobbs is that damn awesome you must think the coaches are dumb as hell I mean they buried him to 2b or not 2b on the depth chart.

Dobbs is being redshirted because he is not ready to play now...simply not ready.. Peterman never given enough real game playing time since last year's Florida game....still the real problem against the Ole Misses and Alabamas is the offensive line, especially the two tackles....no quarterback anywhere could be effective with this line..
recruit.. recruit.. recruit offensive tackles now !!!

Butch was trying to ride this one out with Worley and only Peterman as backup...if Dobbs is superfluous why try to save a year of eligibility? "Simple" is true...amazing how complicated we make it. :blink:

If Dobbs is that damn awesome you must think the coaches are dumb as hell I mean they buried him to 2b or not 2b on the depth chart.
Nathan Peterman is the #2 QB. Now consider his body of work. He has gone 15-33 for 65 yards and 2 interceptions. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is listed at #2 simply because the coaching staff wants to redshirt Dobbs. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back