Why is it okay for CBJ to burn Dobbs RS but Dooley was an idiot?

I think this is being forced to at this point. With Dobbs if the the qb keeper is there on the zone read then you know he can run it enough to keep the d honest.

Could be. I wouldnt hesitate in that case. Id rather see where he is going into next year.

I don't think he specified a replacement. He's just saying that something has to give. Worley can't play under pressure, somebody who can move around and make something happen in a bad situation gives u a better chance to come up with a positive play. I think either of the two backups we have do a better job of this than Worley.
IMO Worley played great ubder pressure until the Florida game. IDK what's wrong with him but he's just trying to do to much (holding the ball longer than usual) andd making bad decisions. Perhaps his fatigue has affected his throws? I know Malone had a step on that early pick but it was simply underthrown. I feel bad for the guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Ummm because we have 3 highly touted Qb's coming in over the next couple of years so hopefully one of them can take the reigns in 2017

Could be. I wouldnt hesitate in that case. Id rather see where he is going into next year.

I know this is not the idea time but I dont see alot of options atm. On a positive note if he can run it just enough maybe it opens up the passing game and that has been Alabamas weak point is the defensive backfield. If we can do that and possible throw on their dbs we might have a shot at keeping it close.

IMO Worley played great ubder pressure until the Florida game. IDK what's wrong with him but he's just trying to do to much (holding the ball longer than usual) andd making bad decisions. Perhaps his fatigue has affected his throws? I know Malone had a step on that early pick but it was simply underthrown. I feel bad for the guy.

He's suffering from PTSD. Post traumatic sack disorder.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't feel bad for him. A lot, not all, of his shortcomings are self induced. You don't keep playing a struggling qb out of sympathy.

The best I remember Bray was not injured and Dooley still put Worley in for the last series of a game against Bama that was out of hand and let him hand it off three times.

So Bray wasn't injured and Dooley decided to play Worley...but the next game an uninjured Bray didn't play?

You and 4 people who liked your post are morons!

When Worley was playing well all I read was how dumb Dooley was for burning his redshirt.

Now all I see is "Put Dobbs in! Forget the redshirt!"

What gives?

Either way :cray:

Might as well burn it! Dobbs will leave when he graduates to put his degree to use! I don't see him staying 5 years!

It's ok to support Worley. Worley is a vol, and for that I am grateful. But the fact remains that Worley is not a great quarterback, and let's face it... WE WANNA WIN!

Nobody gives a damn about us getting a good star or moral victory. I want the qb playing who gives us a best chance to win. You know, a guy who can not stare down receivers, a guy who can sense when the pocket is collapsing, a guy who can scramble for 4-5 yds when he needs to.

They say doing the same thing over and over an expecting different results is insanity, so why doesn't Worley make an attempt to change the mistakes he's made all season that EVERYONE sees as well?

It's all good that he tries hard, but the results aren't there and here recently he has just made some really stupid decisions.

Ftr, I don't hate Worley as a person. I don't hate Worley as a football player. I don't hate Worley as a vol. I just want a better qb. I WANNA WIN!
Peterman has bad luck and Dobbs was horrible last year... Not sure why you think because they can scramble better we have a better shot at winning? Worley made some awesome throws up until his undoing vs Florida.

We want a winner but one guy turna the ball over as soon as ge ttouches it and the other guy lost to Vandy...

If Dobbs is trullly the #2 guy but is 3 so he can redshirt perhaps Jones is thinking of playing him in hopes of holding recruiting together which honestly could end up more costly then gettung another year from Dobbs if they miss a bowl again.

Worley is not the kind that can do everything, but let's cut him a little slack. I heard today that Saturday is the tenth game versus a a top 10 team in Butch's first 20 games.

The best I remember Bray was not injured and Dooley still put Worley in for the last series of a game against Bama that was out of hand and let him hand it off three times.
Bray injured his hand in the 5th game of the season Oct.8, 2011 against Georgia in a 20-12 loss. The Alabama game was 2 weeks later. Bray missed the games against LSU, Alabama, S.C., MTSU, and Ark. Wouldn't you think that it would be a good idea for Dooley to "burn Worley's redshirt," and give him a few snaps, since his only other qb at the time was Matt Simms, and Bray was going to miss 5 to 7 games ???

I don't feel bad for him. A lot, not all, of his shortcomings are self induced. You don't keep playing a struggling qb out of sympathy.

I feel for him because he put it together after last year and winds up with THIS OL. He played pretty good for 5 games and has been beat to pieces. He is a trooper and I tip my hat to him.
Who said let him keep playing?

Worley is not the kind that can do everything, but let's cut him a little slack. I heard today that Saturday is the tenth game versus a a top 10 team in Butch's first 20 games.

Preaching to the choir.
I heard the same. Either they play crap or top 10 lol. SC and this years GA weren't in the top 10 were they?

I dont care if he burns the redshirt, but hes not any better than Peterman. At this point in time.

Who played better last year? How about comparing their first starts?

Peterman @ Florida... 4-11, 5 yds, 0tds, 2 ints, "1" fumble, 3 carries, -3 yds

Dobbs @ Mizzou... 26-42, 240 yds, 0tds, 2 ints, 1 fumble, 7 carries, 45 yds

Which had a broke thumb? Also wtf those were 2 of our ugliest games. This is like a competition between ugly babies. Somebody put a damn bow on one and call it a day.

Dobbs will graduate in 3 years. If he redshirts this year, he will graduate at the end of his redshirt sophomore season. I can't see a scenario where he would stay in football for 2 years after he graduates. Play him now.

Dobbs will graduate in 3 years. If he redshirts this year, he will graduate at the end of his redshirt sophomore season. I can't see a scenario where he would stay in football for 2 years after he graduates. Play him now.

Doc tore eight

Dobbs gives us the best chance to win since it has come down to basically a "run for your life" when attempting to complete a pass.

Dobbs gives us the best chance to win since it has come down to basically a "run for your life" when attempting to complete a pass.

I'd say Peterman has equal speed. If it was all about running put the Berry brothers back there.

So because Dobbs was allowed to keep playing in a blowout means he is by far the best QB? Plus he got a half of garbage time the week before against Alabama.

So because Dobbs was allowed to keep playing in a blowout means he is by far the best QB? Plus he got a half of garbage time the week before against Alabama.

Hey! What a coincidence! Peterman played like garbage against Florida!

VN Store

Back